This was my fourth time staying at Sunsets, I have always found it to be a mostly good hotel, so I'll start with the good points.
The location- just far enough from the hustle and bustle of Patong, but not so far that it is inconvenient.
The shuttle service- very regular and a great way to save being ripped off on a tuk tuk.
The restaurant- The breakfast is nice, and the lunch and dinner options are fantastic and very cheap. The staff that work in the the dining areas (particularly the poolside one) are very friendly.
Pool area- really lovely clean pool and a nice bar. One of the best hotel pools I've seen.
And for the not so good-
Some of the staff are much less friendly than I remember from previous time. Most were not particularly bad or anything, but it was a disappointment to see some decline here.
This may have been a one off thing however it was bad enough that I feel it is worth mentioning.
We organised an airport transfer for our departure a couple of days beforehand. After looking over our itinerary the day before we were due to leave we realised we probably needed to leave the hotel half an hour earlier than planned.
I called reception, gave them all our details and asked to change our transfer time. The staff member said they would call back with a confirmation. Ten minutes later they did so.
The next morning we checked out and were told by the front desk that our transport was indeed scheduled for 5.30 as we has requested.
We sat down in the lobby and waited. And waited. And waited.
It got to around 5.40 so we approached the front desk and asked about our transfer.
We were told quite dismissively that it was scheduled for 6am, (the original time before changing) although we had now confirmed the new time with them twice (both the evening before and that morning)
The staff member then disappeared and we were left twiddling our thumbs and worrying we would miss our check in time. It got to 6am and still no transfer arrived and the front desk staff was nowhere to be seen. We started feeling like he was deliberately avoiding us due to their mistake.
The transfer finally arrived at 6.10. It turned out that the hotel had forgotten to contact the transfer company with the new time. We still made our flight so it wasn't a huge problem, however we feel it would have been a lot more professional for the staff to at least apologise for the error instead of avoiding us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SUNSET BEACH RESORT - The best value hotel located at the Quiet Beach Front in Patong Area, Phuket. Sunset Beach Resort is for those wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of Patongs main strip but close enough to visit it with a very short trip to the town center. Our hotel has many sea view rooms, a free form pool beach front restaurant and bar, FREE shuttle bus to Patong every 30 minutes and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Hotel Patong
- Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach Resort Phuket
- Sunset Beach Resort Patong, Phuket