Being our maden voyage overseas, we chose Thailand as we heard so much about this exotic country and it's islands. We wanted to be located nearby all attractions and amenities so allowed our consultant at Flightcentre to do the necessary. This Resort has the perfect location, situated a bit north of Patong close to Kalim Beach & away from the hustle & bustle of the city but not too quiet. It's about a 10 minute drive away from Bangla road Patong were everything happens from bars,pubs,restaurants, shopping malls and markets, shows and much more.... What a nice idea for the resort to have a free shuttle service running every half hour each day from 9am-9pm which saved us some bucks & we only needed to take a taxi or tuk- tuk if we wanted to stay out late for the night life. Really awesome views of the beach from the reception area. Breakfast was good each day with a variety of foods ranging from traditional bacon & eggs, fruits, cereals, yogurts, breads, croissants, muffins, cheeses, jams and lotsa of traditional Thai foods like fried rice, sweet & sour chicken, Thai curry and egg noodles however it could be served until 11 am for those party animals sleeping in bit late. Most staff were friendly especially hearing that Thailand was known for the 'land of smiles' but for the few not so friendly ones we greeted & smiled politely so they returned the gesture very quickly. Restaurant foods were very good as we ate there a few nights example seafood, egg noodle dishes, stir fried dishes, salads, pizza, green & red Thai curry and especially room service coming from the night market were we would definitely not eat which was available until 12am. All amenities were within the resort ranging from swimming pool, jacuzzi, Sauna, beauty and spa treatments, tourism desk that arranges your tours, 3 bars etc.
We had a superior room on the 5 floor with amazing views overlooking the entire resort and pool area. Rooms were very neat with shower in en-suite with mini- bar/fridge And yes of corse air con which was most important. Bedding were changed daily and rooms were serviced as soon as we left for breakfast and would at most times be cleaned on our return. Toiletries and bottled water was also replenished daily complimentary, water oh my word such a comodity in Thailand as we could not use tap water to even brush our teeth of fear of picking up a tummy bug so played it safe. Service of drinks and snacks at pool bar was a bit slow even though there wasn't too many guests lazing around the pool soaking up the sun maybe this is because those Thai people are so laid back and have not seen anyone get angry throughout our stay in Thailand as a matter of fact. No need to bring beach towels along as we could get at the pool bar. Just at the back of the resort there is a little back road with a laundry, massage parlors, hairdresser, tattoo parlor, a nice neat Thai restaurant, tailor and most importantly a tuck/ house shop with blue roofs, they sell everything from cigarettes, headache pills, bread, milk , cold drinks, cold beers and spirits right on our doorstep and only a stone throw away, magical if you didnt feel like walking too far to the family mart further along the beachfront in that Thai humidity and heat. Overall i had a good stay at the resort accept for a few minor things that they can improve on like renewing some of their towels, bedding and crockery and maybe deco which is a bit outdated but then again it's my personal opinion but it could be part of the island resort experience. Had a perfect Thailand holiday with a touch of the local experienced aswell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SUNSET BEACH RESORT - The best value hotel located at the Quiet Beach Front in Patong Area, Phuket. Sunset Beach Resort is for those wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of Patongs main strip but close enough to visit it with a very short trip to the town center. Our hotel has many sea view rooms, a free form pool beach front restaurant and bar, FREE shuttle bus to Patong every 30 minutes and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Hotel Patong
- Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach Resort Phuket
- Sunset Beach Resort Patong, Phuket