Our family stayed for a week over Christmas at the Sunset Beach Resort In Patong and we loved almost every minute of it! We have a girl (12) and two boys (10) and (8) so we had requested interconnecting rooms but we had to wait one night for that but they were all very good clean and comfortable rooms and we were moved to the pool side with interconnecting rooms the next day. The big pool was beautiful and clean with heaps of sunbeds and we had no health issues or concerns at all while we were there unlike one of the recent reviewers and during some of our other holidays. The restaurant was excellent for buffet breakfast, lunch or dinner and the staff and service was quick and always courteous and the room service could not be faulted - always quick, cheap and correct every time! We all loved the swim up bar at the deep end of the pool and the easygoing nature of the resort and its staff .
It was ideal for families who want to take a family break together with no hassles at all. We were given 2 hours free internet access everyday if we wanted it and they were always happy to help or sort out any minor problem straight away.
The staff were not fawning over us but were efficient and friendly and what more can you expect? The Christmas dinner was a fine buffet and we all enjoyed the homely colourful show including the beautiful carol singers and an Elvis in a red Elvis suit all polished off with great fireworks and I was surprised to find from another reviewer that I missed a lady boy troupe as I thought they were just a local boy band. I would genuinely recommend this resort to anyone of any age. It’s great and the sauna and Thai massge in the Spa makes it even better. The sunset bar does great cocktails and I had a few really enjoyable nights meeting other travellers from around the world in a relaxed atmosphere over beers and B52's where you could enjoy the sunset and the company. There is a good minimart close by and all just a free courtesy bus or cheap tuk-tuk away to manic Patong. I enjoyed staying at the Sunset Beach resort better than anything else in my two weeks in Phuket. Checking out was an absolute breeze through the beautiful lobby looking over the bay and the bill was clearly itemised and correct to the last baht with no hidden surprises. Sure the rocky beach across the road is not great but its not their fault. I already have and would highly recommend a stay here again as long as it is run by the same people – they know it’s a good resort and they do it very, very well without fuss and that’s what we liked. Oh and of course its good value
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SUNSET BEACH RESORT - The best value hotel located at the Quiet Beach Front in Patong Area, Phuket. Sunset Beach Resort is for those wanting to be away from the hustle and bustle of Patongs main strip but close enough to visit it with a very short trip to the town center. Our hotel has many sea view rooms, a free form pool beach front restaurant and bar, FREE shuttle bus to Patong every 30 minutes and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Beach Hotel Patong
- Hotel Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach Resort Phuket
- Sunset Beach Resort Patong, Phuket