“Nice little oasis of calm”

Deevana Patong Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We booked this accommodation as a Groupon voucher which we then extended. Wasn't sure what to expect as the accom was in the Garden Wing section, and there had been quite a few negative reviews on TA about it. However, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious, clean, included TV, lounge, safe, kettle, tea and coffee. The bathroom was lovely, open wet area with shower, they gave us toiletries in big bottles, and the pool and hotel towels were replaced if we wanted them to. The grounds outside our room were beautiful, lush and green, lots of palm trees and orchids. And the pool was gorgeous, just what you need after traipsing around the markets or Phuket. The bar at the pool was great, nice to relax and have a cocktail (or 2), and a light meal or snack. Our package didn't include breakfast, but we walked through the area most mornings and the buffet spread looked impressive. Staff were friendly and helpful, saying hello to us each time we walked past, ready to help if we needed anything. Our only problem was a couple of loud drunk neighbours banging on their door at 3am on our first night, but other than that, the resort is quiet and peaceful. Didn't find mosquitos, ants or any other insects to be a problem. Aircon was a bit noisy but we just turned it off and slept well. WiFi connection worked perfectly in our room, we were in the block closest to reception, also worked fine around the pool area, not sure how it is in the further blocks. Favourite thing was the gorgeous Oi, the pancake lady, who sets up her stall just at the hotel entrance, always with a firendly wave and greeting, and makes the yummiest pancakes I have ever had!

2  Thank Leonek
Deevana_Patong, Room Division Manager at Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Hello Leonek,

Thank you for sharing your comments and photos! I am delighted you had such a nice stay with us and it is an honor to have you called us Oasis!

As I mentioned here all the time, our location is a great combination of privacy and convenience, only minutes walk from Patong downtown or a 10-15 minute trip to Patong beach.

It is great to see all the recent efforts from the team and their friendliness turning into such magical experiences as well as a great impact on your pleasant stay.

I would just like to let you know that all of the team here enjoyed welcoming you and hope that you will think of us when visiting Phuket in the future.

Room Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,017)

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at this lovel resort for 7 days last week, wish we had stayed longer as had a lovel visit to phuket. We stayed in the garden rooms, lovely huge room with a king size bed, rooms cleaned every day, air conditioning was a bit noisy but it was defiantly working. The resort is in a great location, walking distance to most things that we visited and they offer courtesy buses to patong town and the beach. Breakfast every morning was great, grounds lovely, and pools fantastic. Staff friendly. Free wifi plenty of restaurants, coffee shops and bars even though we did not utilise them. Would recommend this hotel, great value for money. Would recommend visiting phuket and defiantly sampling the local culture and food, especially the banana pancakes from the lovely lady who has the cart just outside of the resort, she was the most friendly local we came accross.

1  Thank delona

Hello delona,

I am delighted to hear that you found Deevana Patong Resort & Spa as a lovely resort, this best compliment you could ever make to us and we thank you for that.

Your blissful review about the quality and convenience of our facilities are very much appreciated as well as those regarding the breakfast and friendliness services from our team.

It is great when traveler take the time to provide their five- star vote of confidence in our resort, so, thank you once again and I certainly hope I will hear from you in the future to ensure we arrange yet another lovely stay with us.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Booked three rooms in spa wing from 19 Oct to 1 Nov on the whole rooms were fine comfortable and good powerful showers but ... was let down by the air conditioning in 2 of the rooms (3203 & 3301) in room thermostat / controls had no effect and complaints to management made no difference. Room 3204 on the other hand was OK. The staff are friendly and provide good service. Only other problem was trying to get a late checkout, asked 5 days before we were leaving but told could only be booked on the day first two hours free then 150 Bhat per hour acceptable. On the day however initially no rooms avialble but when pressed said we could have room until 3.00 pm for 900 Bhat, this offer disappeared when i pointed out the earlier stated charges then only offer made was room 3301 until 1.00 pm but didn't take this up and we decided to get Tuk Tuk to the cool of Jungceylon shopping centre. Would I stay again -- maybe if the air conditioning sorted out but there are much nicer resorts a few Kms further south

Room Tip: check air conditioning before you commit,rooms facing east and north get less sun
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear 73JonB73,

First of all, a huge thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review of your stay with us.

While we are disappointed to see you marked us so lowly, I would agree with the positive points that you found with your experience.

I am very sorry to hear that the air con issue was not able to follow up correctly. Your comments have been shared with the relevant department heads and team members concerned. Rest assured that we will work towards improving our services and facilities further.

Please also accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience and confusion we may have caused you regarding late check-out information, the request is subject to room availability. However in the meantime, we are most concerned on both flexibility and alternative choices to be provided to ensure our guest will enjoy the rest of their stay on the departure date which we have gained a lots of guest last impression.

Again, I sincerely thank you for value feedback and I hope you will accept my apologies. At this stage, you may hesitate to come back to us but I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you to Deevana Patong Resort & Spa and we can then demonstrate our improved services to ensure that next time you will have such a great stay and give us more positive like so many others.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Before arrival at Phuket Patong Beach I knew that Patong was very busy, crowded, with people trying to sell their stuff in obtrusive accosting way and with an effervescent nightlife. I was very happy to have made reservation in the Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, because at this resort I found a very quiet, nice and hospitable oasis very nearby the center of Patong and very nearby the beach. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. I stayed there as single and I had a very nice, clean and comfortable room with a view on the tropical garden, very quiet in the night. The buffet-breakfast was delicious. I didn't have dinner in the resort. The roomrate was really very reasonable. During my next visit at Phuket, I will for sure go back to this resort! To recommend!

Room Tip: best rooms located around swimmingpool and tropical garden.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jacques s
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed from Late Oct to early Nov and found it a wonderful place to stay. We had staff that was friendly and honest. I left my wallet with over 30000 baht in my room several times and it was never touched by house keeping. We took teenagers and they broke a few glass bottles and house keeping was better than the Novotel in Melbourne. The room was 40-45$ a night and our aircon cooled the room comfortably to eat and sleep really well. We weren't there to look at our hotel room every day and night so if you want to just pay and stay in your room no hotel will ever be good enough. Breakfast is varied everyday and it is REALLY close to everything. Say Sawadi Ca to Aoy (pronounced Oi) who runs the pancake cart out the front, take cash cause the exchange rate their is much better then the ATM's or at the Singapore/Australian airport. The beauty salon at the end of the lane is worth a visit! Great place to stay and we will go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Wrinkles30
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My parter and I stayed at Deevana from 22nd of Oct to 2nd Nov. when we arrived we were greeted by a friendly bell boy who took Care of our luggage and took us inside to check in. We arrived at about 10pm and the staff were very friendly. Throughout our stay if we needed anything the staff were very helpful.
The location is great, only a short walk from the beach and a 15-20 minute walk to Bangla Rd, depending on how fast you walk or want t stop and look at the many curb side shops along the way.
There are plenty of tour booking and money exchange places close by. Everything you needis close.
We stayed in a garden wing room which was nice, was big with a very comfortable king sized bed. The bathroom didn't look like it had a proper clean for a while but other then that was alright. Had an air conditioner which helped but never made the room cold and only operated if you left the key card in which was a bit of a downside.
The pools were great, always a good temperature and the staff at the pool side bar were very friendly and made your time pleasant. I stayed here over my birthday and was surprised when I got a call on the phone in the room from management saying happy birthday and then a few minutes later a knock on the door by a staff member who had a birthday cake for me.
The food at breakfast was good, was a little pricey but was good when you were having a lazy day. We ordered room service once and the food was ok. There are lots of cats walking around which I didn't mind as I am a cat lover.
If you stay here you have to have a pancake from th pancake lady outside the gates of Deevana, she is very ice and the pancakes are very nice. Wild recommend staying here. The wifi is good and free, only problem is having to sign in every time you want to use it. Would definitely come back as our stay was very enjoyable. The free safe in the room was good as we kept everything in there that was valuable. I left it unlocked as we were in a rush one morning and came back to find that nothing had been taken by the staff when they came in to do house keeping.
All in all very cheap and very nice place to stay. Plenty of couples and families here so it suits all.

2  Thank SkunksMonks
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here in April 2012 for ten nights, on arrival we were escorted to the reception area where we were seated and offered a fruit joice and an ice cold towel which was exactly what we needed after a long flight.

The hotel room included our own plunge pool on the terrace, which was quite cold but good for dipping your feet in after a long day.

The room was a good size and the bed was large (USA King Size), which was really comfortable and we had a great night sleep every night, especially with the black out curtains.

We aren't that bothered about TV on holiday, as thats not what we're there for but we found that on the one morning we decided to stay in bed and watch TV there was plenty of English channels inc a movie channel.

Breakfast was really good, hot buffet style with plenty of choice which was served in the restaurant, above the pool.

The pool has a pool bar, which served both Thai and Western foods which was a little on the expensive side for Thailand but of a good quality and you could eat at the bar while sat in the pool.

The walk down to Bangla Road (Lively Area) it took about twenty minutes or so. This is a good point, as it is far enough away so that you weren't bothered by the noise but close enough to walk to.

All in all, a great holiday and a great hotel. I would recommend this hotel for couples and families.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple