We stayed here for 2 weeks over Xmas and New Year. We booked over the internet as were a party of 2 adults and 3 teenagers. I booked 2 rooms and upon booking requested an extra bed in 1 room. When booking we were told taht we HAD to pay for the Xmas eve and New Years Eve gala dinner and were charged about 3000THB/head on booking. I tried to get out of this but was told its compulsory so accepted and paid.
On arrival when they realised there was a 5th person and we had just paid for 4 people for the Gala they were obsessed about getting the 5th person paid for which we agreed to. And also they were obsessed with paying for the 5th persons breakfast at 200 Bath per day which i agreed to as well on usage.
Anyway to cut a long story short went to the gala dinner on Xmas eve and it was crap with cold food so decided no way was going to the New Years eve one even though I had paid for 4 people. Got into an argument with the staff as they wanted to pay for the 5th person for the one we never attended. All they cared about was the money.
The hotel itsels is OK but very dated and the rooms and bathrooms are not cleaned well if at all. I had problems with TV remote control which was just ignored but didnt worry too much as the choice of channels was disgraceful with a "snowy" reception so would not be watching any TV anyway.
The staff speak absolutely no English and have no idea about customer service as any problems are just ignored hoping you will give up and forget about them.
On check out they wanted me to pay the 5th person breakfast for the whole stay even though they had never had breakfast. Along with the others we went to breakfast once out of the 15 days so a bit of a cheek really. I paid the bill without the breakfasts when being driven to the airport at 6 in the morning the on duty manageress called the minibus driver and told him to around and head back to the hotel if I never paid.
Unbeleivable and it topped off the stay by showing all taht mattered to them was money with no service. DO NOT STAY HERE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyton Leelavadee Phuket - A warm, friendly & stylish Thai style resort...Located only minutes walk from famous Patong Beach. All accommodation includes private balconies, electronic safe, air conditioning, mini bar and fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, IDD phone connection, sattelite TV and bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyton Leelavadee Phuket reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyton Leelavadee Phuket Hotel Patong
- Hyton Leelavadee Phuket Patong