“Only stay here if everywhere else is full - as I did.”

Hyton Leelavadee Phuket
Ranked #205 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Aberdeen Scotland
“Only stay here if everywhere else is full - as I did.”
Reviewed January 12, 2008

We stayed here for 2 weeks over Xmas and New Year. We booked over the internet as were a party of 2 adults and 3 teenagers. I booked 2 rooms and upon booking requested an extra bed in 1 room. When booking we were told taht we HAD to pay for the Xmas eve and New Years Eve gala dinner and were charged about 3000THB/head on booking. I tried to get out of this but was told its compulsory so accepted and paid.

On arrival when they realised there was a 5th person and we had just paid for 4 people for the Gala they were obsessed about getting the 5th person paid for which we agreed to. And also they were obsessed with paying for the 5th persons breakfast at 200 Bath per day which i agreed to as well on usage.

Anyway to cut a long story short went to the gala dinner on Xmas eve and it was crap with cold food so decided no way was going to the New Years eve one even though I had paid for 4 people. Got into an argument with the staff as they wanted to pay for the 5th person for the one we never attended. All they cared about was the money.

The hotel itsels is OK but very dated and the rooms and bathrooms are not cleaned well if at all. I had problems with TV remote control which was just ignored but didnt worry too much as the choice of channels was disgraceful with a "snowy" reception so would not be watching any TV anyway.

The staff speak absolutely no English and have no idea about customer service as any problems are just ignored hoping you will give up and forget about them.

On check out they wanted me to pay the 5th person breakfast for the whole stay even though they had never had breakfast. Along with the others we went to breakfast once out of the 15 days so a bit of a cheek really. I paid the bill without the breakfasts when being driven to the airport at 6 in the morning the on duty manageress called the minibus driver and told him to around and head back to the hotel if I never paid.

Unbeleivable and it topped off the stay by showing all taht mattered to them was money with no service. DO NOT STAY HERE.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank JockarooAberdeen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 8, 2008

Not a bad hotel that is a good location from the main beach of Patang. It is about 5 minutes walk from the beach. The hotel itself is pretty quaint although the entrance looks like it is under construction. We had reserved a normal room but they upgraded us to the bungalow which is pretty nice. The room is really cool and was clean. There were some problems with our room specifically:

1. Cable was not working.
2. tv remote was not working.
3. hot water was not working.
4. toilet smelled of swegage

for all of these problems the staff was able to fix it right away except for the exception of the remote which they never came by to give us a new one. The hotel is really small and the pool is okay. For the time that we were there, it was pretty empty. also you have to pay for internet

Overall it was an okay experience that I would not stay again unless it was necessary.

• Stayed January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Victoria, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2007

Very disappointed in this hotel. The staff are not friendly and will walk past you without speaking and will look away from you to avoid eye contact. The housekeeping is the worst I have ever come across in all of my travels. The sheets had holes and stains on them and were not changed in 3 days. The bathroom was never cleaned the whole week I stayed there and I had to ask for soap and on an occasion towels. There is no advise in your room as to what facilities are on offer by the hotel or even phone extension numbers to contact the reception, which I needed to do after getting out the shower and discovering that I had no towels in the room. The tea and coffee that is left in the room is not complimentary as I found out on check out, this was my fault as I should have checked the mini bar price list in the first place but it is the first time I have come across paying for tea and coffee making facilities in your room. The hotel grounds however are very nice and the location is great but all in all I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Liked — Nice grounds
  • Disliked — Housekeeping
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple