“FAR BETTER HOTELS IN PATONG!”

Patong Bay Garden Resort
Ranked #221 of 338 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed May 21, 2009

Spent 14 nights here in April 2009. We booked a junior suite...which was large and well equipped, but extremely dark and smelled awful and dank. It may be because the suites are on the ground floor which get virtually no natural light.
Mozzies abound here!
Location is superb, right on the beach and 100m from Bangla road.
Very quiet at night.
Staff not particularly helpful!
Bar prices and mini bar are excessively high!
The only hotel in Patong that charges for internet!!!
We moved to the Yorkshire Inn and stayed in their White Rose Suites (Leybourne suite).....much cheaper and by far a nicer hotel with lots of amenities (large pool, pool bar, sauna, steam room, start of the art gym, free wifi ...all included in the price of your stay!)
The Garden Bay hotel is okay, but pricey for what it offers....and too many kids about!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OHOOLIGANZ

Reviewed April 30, 2009

best location with beach front and very reasonable price. Most of the hotels in phuket , you will cross the road to get into the beach. With this hotel the beach is just infront of you right after the pool. Big rooms but small lobby with wifi but with charge for 100 batt an hour kinda expensive. Just be careful with towels and slippers. they will give you separate towels for the pool the blue one we forgot the towel on the sunbed of the pool and they charged us for that. Just be sure that you will bring the towel again in your room same with slippers. I thought that if we leave the towels and slippers within the hotel premises the housekeeping will just get it! other than thhat the hotel is perfect especially the location

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank kaicon
Reviewed April 28, 2009

I have no complaints at all. I reserved a beach front room, and it really made my holiday, as I was able to watch the sunset at night while throwing down a couple of gin & tonics. My double doors opened onto the beach and a private sitting area. Service was very good and all staff were very pleasant. The breakfast was a buffet style and was fine. Rooms are clean, airconditioner worked well and WiFi service good.
Numerous excellent restaurants a step away, as was the nightlife. If you want 5 star, then go waste your money somewhere else..BUT if you want deffinate value for your bucks, then this is the place..

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank vivehodie
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I Stayed at this hotel for 3nts/4Days.The Propery was more than average.Its actually on Beach.Bangla Beach is at waking distance.Food was okk.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank CALLINGYOU
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I was worried that this was going to be a mistake - right on the beach, good facilities and all for a bargain price of under $900 Australian for 8 nights including breakfast - are you kidding?? I had nothing to worry about - it is a little gem. Don't get me wrong, the place has its faults, but none worth worrying about.

First the Bad:
The lobby is airless and gets stinking hot, even first thing in the morning, but there aren't many reasons to spend any time there apart from waiting for tour buses to pick you up or checkin/out (which thankfully is quick).
They were overboooked and didn't have our chosen room available when we checked in, so they gave us a room upgrade (I hear this happens a lot in Phuket and is certainly not restricted to this hotel) - but only for one night which was a pain in the [--]. Made worse by the fact that we had a day trip booked for the next day and they needed to move us at around 2pm - which of course meant we had to have our stuff packed up before we went. That said, I'm glad we got moved - the new room was better than the supposed upgrade!
There was a bit of renovation/maintenance going on at the hotel, which was a bit noisy at times, but it was restricted to during the day so didn't really cause any problems.

Now for the good:
The room we booked and ended up in was a deluxe room with a balcony overlooking the pool. The room was huge and the bed was so big and comfortable I had the best week of sleep I can remember. The room itself was clean and well maintained with a kettle, phone, radio, TV with on-demand (slightly dated) movies, wireless internet and a mini bar that had enough room for us to store our own grog. There was a small safe in the room too, but it wasn't attached to anything.
We didn't eat in the hotel apart from breakfast, which was consistently good and served pretty much on the beach, under the shade of pandanus trees - what a great way to start your day! I hear the food is good at their restaurant, but a bit pricey (it is on the beach though).
The staff were delightful, always smiling and polite and so freindly and helpful
The pool is closed for cleaning every night at 7pm, so nice clean water and no drunken yahoos in the pool at midnight
The location couldn't be better. One side of the hotel opens out onto the beach, with everything you might want available right in front of the hotel. The other side puts you virtually at the end of Bangla Road with more restaurants, bars, clubs and ladyboys than you can shake your fake rolex at. But even with all that so close, it isn't a noisy hotel - I have heard that the 'town view' rooms are bit noisier, but we could barely hear anything from our balcony and nothing from within the room
There is a very polite and not at all pushy tailor in the foyer of the hotel, along with a tour booking service and for 300THB you can spend an hour down on the beach having your body mangled, twisted and mauled by the hotel's masseuses.
If you are looking for club med, this is not the place for you, but if you want somewhere that is unpretentious, comfortable and close to everything, look no further.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank SoMuch2CSoLittleTime
Reviewed April 8, 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here in November 2008 and had a great time. I was a little hesitant at first because the price seemed too good, but the hotel/rooms were very clean (I have bug phobias and was totally fine!) and the free breakfast (on the beach!) was great. It's not for picky people used to fancy hotels, but it was perfect in comfort, cleanliness and location for me and my boyfriend (we are professionals in our 30's and live in Los Angeles). I wouldn't recommend it for some of my snootier friends though, since it doesn't have that air of sophistication, fancy towels/toiletries or people waiting on you non-stop. The only problem we had was with our shower (it stopped working one day during our stay) but they came and fixed it immediately. Oh, and we HIGHLY recommend the restaurant Dang, on Rat Uthit road just a few blocks away from this hotel. We ate there twice during our stay. So cheap and so good!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank EllenLosAngeles
Reviewed January 20, 2009

The Patong Bay Garden Resort is perfect if you want to be close by to all the acion of Patong and still be on the beach!

The location of the hotel was perfect for us and it was easily the best quality hotel situated along the beach.

Standard rooms are spacious, tastefully decorated and clean. If you have room 2133, do not expect to get great views - the balcony looks on to the roof of the lobby building!

Breakfast was basic but all the usual staples were on offer so everyone could have something.

Staff were polite and helpful on the whole, however, it took 20 minutes for us to check out, which meant we were almost late for our connection.

On the whole, I would thouroughly reccomend the Patong Bay Garden Resort and would stay there again if I ever return to Patong.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple