“Great Location... but that's it.”

Patong Bay Garden Resort
Ranked #185 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I chose this hotel for the location. It is in desperate need of a renovation. If they updated the facilities it would easily be one of the best hotels in Patong. I found many roaches in my room which was located upstairs. I also encountered a rat running around in the upstairs hallway (hotel is outdoors like many in Thailand). This all occurred at 3am after a night out. I called the staff about the problem. The staff was very apologetic and upgraded me to a room downstairs by the pool. I had no further problems and was very pleased with the customer service.

The facilities are very old, and the rooms worn. Aside from that, I liked the price, location, and the employees. For the price, not a bad value, but I would probably look for a newer property next time I'm in Patong.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms on the bottom floor near the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is great, located on the beach. It has an excellent swimming pool. The breakfast provided was good. There was a bar counter but it is almost empty due to lack of atmosphere and ambience. It was very clean and good to relax. However, the room itself (Baht. 6,500) is a bit of far-fetched. The bathroom was very run down with dirty shower curtains - stains all the top and sides. The wash basin was like an average household unit with white glazed tiles, bad workmanship with the lining cement overflowing the tiles. The shower unit is no less than a cheap motel. The whole bathroom is a downgrader to the whole hotel.
They only give one internet ID to be shared with 2 pax. We had 2 PCs, 2 tablets, 2 hps. and it was not enough. Even after log out, you still cannot to another gadget - it says you are connected and login already. The reception refused to give another login id and insist that I logout and sign in to another gadget. After 2 days' of lamenting to the reception, they finally gave me another id. I REGRET STAYING IN THIS HOTEL. SHOULD HAVE BOOKED A CHEAP HOSTEL near Junceylon where internet is free for all - no limit.
I don't think I will stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you going to laze on the beach all your trip, go for it. If not, if you are a techie savy...keep...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chua H
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have been staying in Patong Bay for 16 days. Friendly and very pleasant place. Beach was in half minutes from room. A little bit noisy from street, we had a street view room, but after couple of night we stop noticed that noise, and it became part of our life for that time. On the street a lot of tuk-tuk, (:)) massage, shops, taxi, foods. Basically food is everywhere! And you have to get use to see and say " no thank you" every second step. But that was fun!

Room Tip: If you want to get a quiet room, choose with ocean view :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vladimir B
Reviewed January 24, 2014

(+) Location, Location, Location.
(+) Beachside Restaurant & Bar
(-) Rooms are tired and worn
(-) Staff don’t give you a warm glow

My wife and I stayed here in 2008, so thought we’d stay here again in Jan 2014. The location is brilliant; on the beach and a couple of minutes from the Bangla Road nightlife.
The location is still brilliant but the hotel experience, although OK, could be a lot better.
On the plus side it has a nice pool, right on the beach; a restaurant and bar serving nice food, right on the beach and massage tents, right on the beach.
However…
The rooms are in desperate need of a complete refit, looking very, very worn and dated.
The staff, although they do their jobs, look demoralised and go through the motions of hospitality rather than exude it.
If it was up to me, I’d get rid of the owner/management as they are wasting a fantastic opportunity for what could be a fantastic hotel, by not keeping up with the times, spending some money and enthusing their staff.
Would we stay here again? I think we’d probably look for a hotel down the beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrevTrav
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel is Just beside the Patong beach

The hotel is near to the centre of nightlife

which is Bangla road.

Every morning you will have your Breakfast at beach.

Hotel Rooms are compact but nice.

Wifi

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrMaungKoThet
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights before heading off to Phi Phi island. This is not a fancy hotel but clean and good value for money because it has a good location, being in the centre of nightlife but right on the beachfront - which I prize above all. The staff were friendly and the food good. Even though I had read reviews about time-share (or similar scheme) sales people being overly zealous at this hotel I did not get hassled by them but did notice the hard sell being put on others-to me that is a definite turn off and the managers or owners of the hotel should take note of the many comments about this on line. Despite that- being forewarned is to be forearmed and would still recommend this hotel though.

Room Tip: try to get a room away from street side as it can be noisy- near to the nightlife- I actually used e...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily N
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights and only wished that it was longer. The hotel is situated right on the beach so did not hear any street noise which was good. The only downside to a beach/pool room was while we were staying there was a festival and fireworks would go off every 30 minutes or so and they were very load. The staff were really lovely and extremely helpful (particularly the girls working the breakfast shift). The buffet breakfast (which was included) was very good. The hotel has everything you could probably want but not a gym (but I am holidays to walking on the beach was a much more pleasant thing to do than being stuck in a A/C gym). If I have any critisim at all the air conditioner in our room was just too cold and we had trouble adjusting it and we did have to get maintenance to come and adjust it. They offer free WiFi which I found to be very good and we could even get free WiFi on the beach which was great. Would I stay here again - in a heartbeat. Would I recomment this hotel to friends and family - of course I would.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple