“Beautiful place”

Patong Bay Garden Resort
Ranked #190 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We have been staying in Patong Bay for 16 days. Friendly and very pleasant place. Beach was in half minutes from room. A little bit noisy from street, we had a street view room, but after couple of night we stop noticed that noise, and it became part of our life for that time. On the street a lot of tuk-tuk, (:)) massage, shops, taxi, foods. Basically food is everywhere! And you have to get use to see and say " no thank you" every second step. But that was fun!

Room Tip: If you want to get a quiet room, choose with ocean view :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vladimir B

Reviewed January 24, 2014

(+) Location, Location, Location.
(+) Beachside Restaurant & Bar
(-) Rooms are tired and worn
(-) Staff don’t give you a warm glow

My wife and I stayed here in 2008, so thought we’d stay here again in Jan 2014. The location is brilliant; on the beach and a couple of minutes from the Bangla Road nightlife.
The location is still brilliant but the hotel experience, although OK, could be a lot better.
On the plus side it has a nice pool, right on the beach; a restaurant and bar serving nice food, right on the beach and massage tents, right on the beach.
However…
The rooms are in desperate need of a complete refit, looking very, very worn and dated.
The staff, although they do their jobs, look demoralised and go through the motions of hospitality rather than exude it.
If it was up to me, I’d get rid of the owner/management as they are wasting a fantastic opportunity for what could be a fantastic hotel, by not keeping up with the times, spending some money and enthusing their staff.
Would we stay here again? I think we’d probably look for a hotel down the beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TrevTrav
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The hotel is Just beside the Patong beach

The hotel is near to the centre of nightlife

which is Bangla road.

Every morning you will have your Breakfast at beach.

Hotel Rooms are compact but nice.

Wifi

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrMaungKoThet
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here 2 nights before heading off to Phi Phi island. This is not a fancy hotel but clean and good value for money because it has a good location, being in the centre of nightlife but right on the beachfront - which I prize above all. The staff were friendly and the food good. Even though I had read reviews about time-share (or similar scheme) sales people being overly zealous at this hotel I did not get hassled by them but did notice the hard sell being put on others-to me that is a definite turn off and the managers or owners of the hotel should take note of the many comments about this on line. Despite that- being forewarned is to be forearmed and would still recommend this hotel though.

Room Tip: try to get a room away from street side as it can be noisy- near to the nightlife- I actually used e...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily N
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights and only wished that it was longer. The hotel is situated right on the beach so did not hear any street noise which was good. The only downside to a beach/pool room was while we were staying there was a festival and fireworks would go off every 30 minutes or so and they were very load. The staff were really lovely and extremely helpful (particularly the girls working the breakfast shift). The buffet breakfast (which was included) was very good. The hotel has everything you could probably want but not a gym (but I am holidays to walking on the beach was a much more pleasant thing to do than being stuck in a A/C gym). If I have any critisim at all the air conditioner in our room was just too cold and we had trouble adjusting it and we did have to get maintenance to come and adjust it. They offer free WiFi which I found to be very good and we could even get free WiFi on the beach which was great. Would I stay here again - in a heartbeat. Would I recomment this hotel to friends and family - of course I would.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah A
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I've stayed here several times before. They haven't done any renovations on the place at all except for maybe changing the TV's to flat panels. Overall, I wouldn't really change much, but the antiquated box spring and mattresses gotta go!

It's a great location, but with it's caveats. Depending on room location it could get pretty loud secondary to it's location of Bangla rd. But if you overlook that or get a room facing the beach you'll be sitting pretty. The seaside view is gorgeous.

The bar on the beach is unnecessarily pricey. The front desk staff are fine, but the breakfast staff seemed miserable each time we had our breakfast. No smiles, but the impression that we were interrupting them. They really need some work there.

There was a steady stream of outsiders while we were at the poolside of folks being paraded in and out of the hotel because of a vacation resort package being offered by the hotel. The main lobby used to contain only one side independent business, but now has multiple business' rented out including a tailor, booking agent and the resort vacation package. Kinda of a drag. Increases non hotel guest traffic. I get the feeling that the hotel guest isn't the first priority.

The A/C was filthy in the room requiring my gf to ask the staff to come clean it.

The TV channels are good. Wifi is free for guests but it can be 1990's slow! The breakfast buffet included was good.

If you want to lay on the beach with umbrella and chair look at spending 150baht per! They're not associated with the hotel. I am pretty sure I was supposed to get one free day on arrival for this service, but when I inquired about this to the front desk they told me that it wasn't included.

Overall I would return but the prices are sky high during high season. I paid a steep price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My fiance and I visited Thailand this year end of June-July 2013 and we stayed at Patong Bay Garden. I have to tell that I picked this hotel reading a lots of reviews here and the location was the main reason we boocked and stayed here for 12 days. We were right!!! For the money we paid it was worth value and the location was great. First I should say that we saved a lot of money on tuc-tuc cause we stayed in the heart of Phuket so almost everyhtig is in a walking distance. Night life, most important. The hotel is right on the beach and it is beautiful. Not many places here have that location. Like every tourist we were trying to see as much as we can but to have rest and fun at the same time. The best way to see the island is to rent a motor bike which will cost you approximately $USD 5-6 per a day and you can rent a bike for a few days and have a chance to travel and see the island in your own arrangement. So we went to the big Buddha monument ( free entrance ), then Karon Beach, Karon View Point, small beaches all along the island. What I would not advise you to experience ( per our experience ) organized visit to Phi Phi island on the big catamaran. It was so bad that I do not want to talk about. We visited ZOO, the temples and one of the watefalls, from which to be honest I expected more. By the end of the trip we went to Bangkok but about that experience Ill say something more under the review of the hotel we stayed at. Ohhh one thing I have to mention about these freindy people. I left my Ipad on the plain in the seat pocket and after we reporterd that to Thai Airways it was delivered to us from Bangkok in the hotel we stayed in Phuket. We payed only for the cab ride from the Phuket airport to the hotel.
I can tell you more about how we did not know how many km is between Bangkok and Phuket and how did we find out about but which drives between two airports in Bangkok and how did we discover Air Asia :)

Nice trip:)

Room Tip: The room we booked faced to the pool at the bottom floor and that was perfect. There is a lot of hum...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple