Patong Bay Garden Resort
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
Amari Phuket(Patong)
$118
$100
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$87
$77
$95
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stay in the Studio right on the beach and it was magic. The room is old style but very comfortable. You can see the beach and sea from the bed, hear the surf at night, it was great, so peaceful. And then just go out on the front of the hotel and you are straight into the action of Patong. We loved it.

Room Tip: The studio right on the beach are fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Positives: Proximity to the beach and the shopping.

Negatives: Practically everything else. Junior Suite needs badly renovating, gaps in French Windows mean mosquitoes and other insects easily get into the room.

The staff at breakfast on my firtst morning has the worst attitudes I have ever experienced in a hotel in all of my years of travelling. SIX members of staff stood around doing nothing but chatting and texting on their phones. No staff members offered to pour tea or coffee. When I went to the egg station and ordered 2 fried eggs sunny-side up it was as if I had disturbed their day. The utter abomination of smashed/broken/burnt fried eggs I immediately sent back. The second attempt was no better and the staff were now scowling at me. A 'Chef' appeared and I asked her to cook the same, showing pictures that they politely put on the egg station so communication was easy. What this miserable, dour chef presented to me was worse than the two atrtempts of the waiter and she treated my complaining that this was not fried eggs anything like the picture, as a personal afront to her cooking - which of course it was a valid complaint. Eventually, she cooked something approximating what I wanted, 4th time lucky. For the two remaining mornings where I went to breakfast, I was treated to scowls and rude/ignorant behaviour.

The remainder of the staff; housekeeping spoke no English and were unhelpful, did not clean the rooms properly and were miserable. I telephoned housekeeping once and was told "I no speak English, call reception' and the phone was put down on me.

I stayed here 6 years ago with my wife and it was okay - now I would never stay in this hotel again if it was free.

Absolutely horrendous experience and my complaining email to the General Manager, after I left, was never even answered.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank AdrianShanghai
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Travelled with my adult daughter and we had a ball, had separate rooms that are very spacious. Breakfast was included. Only thing I missed is my coffee. Although Starbucks is walking distance. Staff are very friendly

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My stay at Patong Bay is really good. Most of the staff are friendly .... there are just 1 or 2 who is not that friendly.... but I guess you cannot win them all......but the location of the hotel is really really good. Just a few steps to the beach.... and just a 2 minutes walks to all the nightlife and shopping.

The rooms are okey... though it might help to have a bit of "cosmetic surgery".

The massage lady near the beach "Pong" was really good... and so with the boys who are renting the sundecks.... they are very friendly and very attentive.

This hotel is realy superb due to location, location, location.

Room Tip: Book a Junior Suite or the Andaman Studio... you might pay a bit more but it's all worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times & mostly enjoyed it, its relatively cheap and you get what you pay for. We will not go back again. They have time share reps (many of them) around the hotel showing people constantly around, they congregate on the top deck & smoke & smoke & smoke, the foyer stinks and you may as well have a sun bed in Bangla Rd. We ended up on the beach which now is nearly eroded away in front of this hotel. Breakfast was alright but cold, the food ordered from the menu was average, cold and highly priced. Large fireworks going off all through night 3.30am every night. No consideration for the paying guests, some staff alright others grumpy. They need to cut the number of reps running around the hotel with their fags and false laughs and have more respect for paying patrons. Sad really it used to be a friendly Thai run hotel with a nice atmosphere even though the rooms were a little tired.

Room Tip: We had the junior suite which is a better room get one upstairs with balcony do not get city view room the andaman suites are alright but with the fireworks good luck on getting any rest.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family