Patong Bay Garden Resort
$124
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$94
$88
$96
Hotels.com
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$67
$94
Nap Patong(Patong)(Great Value!)
$74
$59
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My parents came over to Thailand (from Canada) for a visit and they wanted to see the spectacle that is Bangla Road so we wanted something near the nightlife and so that we could avoid the hassles of the TukTuk mafia. Patong Bay Garden resort is smack-dab right in the middle of it all, and proved to be exactly what we were looking for.

We got two rooms in total, both were Deluxe Balcony rooms and were nothing special, yet they suited us fine. The rooms are on the verge of needing a once over though, and the bathrooms are getting a bit old and tired looking. However, what you're paying for here is the location of the hotel, which is right on the beach and a hop, skip and a jump from the main area of Patong, if not the main area of Phuket.

The overall service was fine, nothing to write about. The staff were cordial but not overly, and the cleaning ladies were very nice and friendly, which is the standard go in Thailand in my experience. The breakfast buffet was really good, they had bacon (which is not all that common at breakfast buffets outside of 5 star in Thailand, believe it or not) the restaurant is also situated right near the beach, which makes for a nice morning meal.

The hotel grounds were nice, and the area on the beach directly in front of the hotel has lounge beach chairs and umbrellas, but you have to pay 100baht ($3) to sit in one of 'em, no joke. This surprised the heck out of my canuck father, who thought the attendant was joking when he asked him for 100baht. My father just laughed at the guy and sat in the chair. It wasn't until I came out an hour later that he learned the beach attendant guy was serious. Also, the hotel pool is ok, nothing spectacular and for those who care, it's the deepest pool I ever saw in Thailand. It's gotta be about 14 feet deep, which again, is very uncommon at hotel resorts in this . All in all, a good hotel and I would recommend it if you're concerned about location and convenience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank jobiwankenobi
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed here. You just can't beat the location. It is one of only 3 resorts right on the beach (the other two are much more expensive - very nice but expensive). I agree with the last few reviews - it could do with some renovation but everything is there, working and clean. We stayed for 17 nights, my husband, myself and our two sub-teen children. We moved once as we originally couldn't get connecting rooms (no hotel will guarantee this). It is just ideal for us, the pool is not huge but plenty big enough and never crowded. The beach is literally 10 steps from the pool. Nothing beach having breakfast at the hotel restaurant on Patong Beach and watching all the envious looks from those walking by. You are half a block to Bangla Road and all the activities, shopping, bars etc. but we never were disturbed by noise. The converted combi van cocktail bar in the front carpark was perfect for evening nightcaps. Everything was within a 10 minute walk.
The staff are generally lovely, our little housekeeper would 'position' the kids sleep toys every day, so it became a game to see how she had posed them each day. The restaurant staff are lovely and get to know you well and anticipate your needs - they adore kids.
We will stay here again. There are nicer hotels but not many with nicer locations and none for this price.
PS - Beds are really hard - but they seem this way all over Phuket!

Room Tip: Balcony deluxe are good but the higher the number, the better the outlook, i.e. 3203 or 3204 on the second floor or 3303 or 3304 on the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank indiweb
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I spent 2 nights here in the beginning of September, 2012. I thought it was a good choice for the price vs. location. The property is right on the beach and just a short distance from Bangla Road and lots of other restaurants/shops. It is not a 5 star property, but again I thought it was a good value for the price I paid.

The room I had was a Superior room and it was a bit strange because when I walked in I had to take two or three steps down. The bed was nice and the aircon was icy cold. The bathroom was a bit small and the shower was separated from the rest of the bathroom only by a shower curtain. The floor around the sink and toilet got a bit wet from the shower, but it was no big deal.

The breakfast was more than adequate. They have it at the bar/restaurant overlooking the ocean so it is a very pleasant way to start the day. I did not try any of the other food there, but that spot is fantastic for Happy Hour and watching the sunset.

I booked directly through the hotel website and they gave me complimentary beach chair rental each day and 1 hour of free internet (you log on and off so the 1 hour was plenty for my 2 day stay).

Again its not 5 star, but the $$$ vs. location + nice staff means I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Patong...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and myself have just returned from 8 nights at the Patong Bay Garden Hotel, we stayed in a Junior Suite and the room was lovely, the only complaint we could come up with was our room wasnt made up until late in the afternoon, but they did a great job.
We cannot understand the bad reviews we had read before we got there, we had doubts BUT when we got there we found it nothing but great!!!!
The staff were always very friendly and helpful.
We loved the breakfast on the beach every day, what a way to start the day!!
Our air conditioning work fantastic.
We would and will recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: We had a Junoir Suite and loved it!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Being members of this Vacation Club has meant trouble free holidays! Wonderful staff are there for you and treat you as though you are the only guests even though they are flat out. Their knowledge of Phuket was a great help and they told us of the best deals when it comes to doing anything, whether it was shopping, eating or touring. The rooms were great, clean and well maintained. To be honest you only sleep and shower in them.....anything else is your business!!
People come from miles to eat there, the food is wonderful with great prices and they know how to make great drinks! We will be there every year and taking family and friends. A big THANKYOU to Bronwyn and the entire staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple