My Gf and I stayed in PBGR from 15th to 19th August, 2012 in the Andaman Studio (I think this is their best room). We were given 2nd floor right at the edge of the beach. The trees obscured most of the view, but also gave privacy from beach traffic (this is a large beach though!), so this was only a minor disappointment.
The room itself is large and well appointed, with individual aircon unit (not perfectly silent but didnt bother my Gf nor me), in room electronic safe,fridge and near new LCD TV. The decor is nicely quiet and conservative, but as per most of the hotel does need a renovation. The room has huge glass doors leading to a nice sized balcony with chairs and table overlooking the beach. Very relaxing. Wifi in the room does cost after the first hour (boooo!) and was patchy in my room (more boooo!) They have an internet room, again its charged. 100baht per hour for wither service. My room DID have international power points (I think Thailand is 220-240v).
The bathroom is similarly in need of renovation, but everything was clean and functioning. The towels are certainly not western sized, but they also have beach towels in the room (for use at the beach no less!! :) ) that could supplement the bathroom towels. Shower is bath, I liked the glass bricks in the bathroom allowing some natural light in too. Shower is as hot as you need, and doesn't require a ladder to climb in and out of, but as per most setups like this, its all too easy to flood the floor until you are used to that particular setup.
I read some comments on TA about the state of the hotel and the pool. Frankly for the cost, I cant see what the disappointment was about. I enjoyed the pool, its clean and very convenient. Like the rest of the hotel, it could use a little spruce up, but I wouldn't hesitate to use it over and over.
Location is fantastic! Everything is available on the doorstep. Feel like a walk on the beach, the sand touches the hotel. Swim in the pool, 10 seconds and your in it. Feel like a feed or drink, the hotel has a bar and resto out the back (with pretty good food and friendly staff), out front you've got an Italian resto at the door and cocktail car for nightcaps at the door! Want to arrange a tour, the ladies in the tour desk at front are very helpful with plenty of options, and the 2 Nepalese brothers in the tailor shop are very friendly, and wont stand in your way like the tailors outside do! For shopping, its everywhere. For nightlife, Bangla Rd is almost literally across the road! I think you can rent a scooter from the hotel if you like (although I did not). Most of the staff are easy to talk to and helpful. Night time was quiet, nothing really disturbed our sleep.
Bottom line, if you can ignore the real need for renovation, I doubt you could find a better value location in Patong with the same pluses. Should they renovate, maybe the value wouldn't be there as undoubtedly they would charge more.
Should I return to Patong, I will not hesitate to book here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jewel Within A Jewel!The delightful Patong Bay Garden Resort is a family owned and operated hotel located directly on the shimmering white sands of the world famous Patong Bay, Phuket. Known as the Jewel of the Andaman Sea, Phuket is a world class destination offering a dynamic and vibrant holiday in one of Asia's premier locations. As one of a select few hotels with direct access to the beautiful beach, the Patong Bay Garden resort is an ideal destination for those seeking a relaxing holiday of Sun, Sand and Sea, truly a jewel within a jewel!The Resort offers a full range of facilities and activities which blend seamlessly with the renowned Thai charm and hospitality to ensure a peaceful and memorable stay The 71 charming and affordable rooms offer a range of categories and styles to meet the varied requirements of modern international travelers, both families and couples alike, in a captivating and welcoming setting.Away from the beach, the location of the Resort offers easy, unhindered access to all the shopping, dining and entertainment areas which make Patong such a popular holiday destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Patong Bay Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patong Bay Garden Hotel Patong
- Patong Bay Garden Resort Phuket