The Viridian Resort
The Bliss South Beach Paton(Patong)(Great Value!)
$60
$80
$76
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Phuket Resort(Patong)(Great Value!)
$87
$77
$95
Agoda.com
All reviewsbangla roadpatong beachrooms are basicground floordental workegg stationshopping centreper nightkey cardnice pooltravel deskbangla rdpool sidethe hustle and bustlemassage placeslocation is greatstayed for nights
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The location is very close to those who want to enjoy night life. The fascilities only 2-Star standards. Service very poor. I have paid for extra bed, but did not give and there was no space to add an exta bed. I have to call 4 times for the service, but nobody turned out until I will go to the reception and shout. So better sugestion is always Royal Paradize, cheaper than Viridian and 3.5-star standard.
GK, Singapore

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank gopanr
Reviewed March 14, 2013

not so good at first; no water for a day, air-con not cool, food was average. after 7 days and a few complaints we were moved to another room, downstairs oposite the pool, excellent room, separate shower and toilet, air-con was cold. staff were mostly pleasant. Paton Merlin is my favorite in Paton.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mozzz88
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had good time with my family at Viridian Resort Patong.The Resort has natural forest decoration
in all common area.I can feel natural relaxation from terrace nearby swimming pool and kid pool Viridian Resort has good location in Patong downtown shopping area and short walking distance to Patong beach.My family and I will be their return guests in next year again

Room Tip: Room with terrace and balcony will be good natural relaxation
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our trip to Thailand was amazing we travelled to bkk, krabi, railay and phuket.
The Viridian was our end of the trip and WHAT a contrast from the other expectional resorts we stayed in. We had the worst experience and it ruined the end of our trip.
We arrived 7pm at night to check in to the viridian resort, we were seated for 15mins by a hotel staff member and then met my NUM the hotel manager apologising that they were over booked and they had NO accom for us ( we had booked exactly 6months prior to that date and paid in full ) so we couldnt understand why!? we got no answers and if anything he used the english barrier as a lou out!!! He insisted they had a sister resort 10mins out of town which was the same level of standard and we'd have to stay there for 3nights until they could check us in ( for ONE we booked this resort to be in town not OUT ) and we were not offered a taxi service ( so to get in an back was an extra expense .. The hotel they sent us to - we later found out WAS NOT a sister resort and was not the same level of standard and was a much LOWER price then what we paid $107 a night we paid aposed where they sent us was $48 andIT SHOWED! there was so much wrong elecrital faults, pool was cloudy, the fridge didnt work to purchase cold drinks, only one to two staff members on at all times, no resturant, basic brekky and the safe in room didnt work, plug in bath/shower was jammed shut, ... the list goes on.
Once FINALLY checking into The Viridian - We asked for compensation and a refund in full for the 3 nights or atleast the difference in price. We were told they hadnt recieved the funds yet and couldnt until check out - I felt like that was a lie since we paid in full 6 months prior and rang expedia to check ( WHAT DO YOU KNOW,,, THEY HAD BEEN PAID ) they refused kept going in cirlces saying they coudlnt until we checked out and what do you know since being back in Australia WE HAVE NOT RECIEVED OUR REFUND. and most of all the hotel wasnt what we expected - we stayed on top floor at back wing which walking to your room door stunk like sewage, the toilet was in the shower which was hung on the wall with dirty tiles and cracking window vents and the food for brekky was poor. The hotel staff were very rude and almost thought it was a joke that all 6 of us travelers were unhappy. We were taken as fools for being young travlers. DO NO STAY HERE.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
12  Thank KTayz
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the Viridian in Jan 2013. I was happy with the amenities at the resort however I have a bad taste left in my mouth after checking out.
I had arranged transport from the airport to the resort weeks before my booked stay. Upon exiting the airport, there was no transport arranged by the resort.
I had booked a double bed as I was staying there with my partner. Two single beds were provided instead. Furthermore;
I accidently left a bag in the main reception area containing 2 large bottles of duty free alcohol. As i was heading to Koh Phi Phi and had to catch the ferry, I couldnt return to pick up my items.
I phoned the resort 1 hour after departure and discussed picking up the item on my return form PhiPhi. All seemed to be right to pick them up.
However when I returned a few days later, no one seemed to know what had happened to the items.
After some frugile discussion with the reception staff, I left without my item and under a barrage of abuse and swearing from the staff on duty.
Do not go there if you value your possessions as they could be stolen from under your nose by the staff who work there.

Room Tip: Dont stay there
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple