We have been to Phuket 3 times but this was our first at Thara Patong. We stayed for 8 nights from the 20th October.
The layout of the resort is very good and quiet. The pools are fabulous; whilst the grounds may be a little tired the grounds staff certainly keep it well maintained. The breakfast variety is good but the majority of the wait staff at breakfast seemed not to be so happy. Would be great if coffee/tea was served upon arrival or during breakfast but this is self service which is fine but in other hotels I've stayed in it is common practice to be served coffee. (Very small gripe, but I need my morning coffee!) We dined at the resort restaurant most nights and received incredible service with a great menu and food. Could not fault it at all. 6 nights a week Annie and John entertain with their fantastic music, cannot recommend this enough! You won't regret it, be prepared for a fabulous night! You will be back!
The girls at the front bar by the street are just wonderful and nothing was ever too much trouble. Only gripe here was there was a makeshift cocktail bar set up just beside it to sell cocktails to passer bys, the music was horrendous, so loud, it didn't make for an enjoyable experience and we left this bar far earlier than what we would have had this not been there.
The rooms we had were comfortable and could not be faulted, housekeeping were great.
Pool service was very lapse, not once in the 8 days did the pool staff enquire if any drinks etc was required. My suggestion would be, remove the makeshift street cocktail bar and your lost revenue could be increased from pool service.
All in all a great stay, fantastic staff, good location and rooms. We will be back. Thanks for a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa is prominently situated on Patong Beach offering a superb combination of service, value for money and location. It is just a short stroll to the Beach, the bustling shopping and nightlife areas. It is approximately 42 km. to Phuket International Airport (about 55 minutes drive) and about 30 minutes drive to Phuket Town. The Resort offers 180 accommodate rooms in Superior, Deluxe, Premier, Premier Pool Access, One/Two Bedroom Suite and Grand Tamarind Suite; each room looks out on the serenity of the tropical gardens and pools from their private balcony. All rooms are fully furnished with finest materials and facilities include satellite TV, IDD telephone, mini bar, hair dryer and Wi-Fi internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thara Patong Beach Resort And Spa
- Thara Patong Beach Hotel Patong
- Thara Patong Beach Resort & Spa Phuket