“Very good experience ! Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Patong Lodge Hotel

Patong Lodge Hotel
Ranked #169 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Karnataka, India
“Very good experience ! Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 days in may 2013 with my cousin. Firstly I thought that it must be some normal cheap kind of hotel, but when i actually got to see my room, I was so relieved ! I was given the poolside room on second floor. The room was neat and clean and well mantained. It had everything what we required, except for a room safe. The room service was very fast and the waitors were very gentle and nice. The receptionist was very sweet and helping. The really biig plus point of the htel is the price,the rooms, swimming pool and the staff. I cant really believe that some people suffered by taking this hotel !
Overall, I'll say just book this place, its very nice and you'll love your stay there !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank kenprakash

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I went for my honeymoon in Thailand and this hotel is a sweet little place. The rooms were nice and cozy and cleaned daily.
The pool was good and refreshing.
The only negative part about this hotel is that there is no respite for Indians when it comes to hunger for some indian food. We has to search Indian restaurants outside the hotel.
But the hotel otherwise is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aakriti S
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Patong Lodge hotel was booked by Make my trip for our travel to Phuket for 3N/4D.
This was my gift to my parents for their 40th wedding anniversary and i wanted it to be a memorable one. Unfortunately it was not the case. My parents were given the room no 1141 on the 2nd Floor. The AC was not working properly for all the days that we stayed there. considering the extreme humid climate it was difficult to survive in the room. The AC took ages to cool the room and the technician sent everytime by the front desk hardly did anything to help and would just worsen the situation. The toilet flush too wasn't working as well as the TV. Last day my Dad had to finally go and yell at the reception at 1am in the night to get the AC fixed. We were then provided with a pedestial fan by them
The only good part of the hotel is the proximity of the Kalim Beach and the swimming pool. Also, the Bangla road and restaurents are at a distance which either you travel by Tuktuk or walking

Room Tip: swimming pool facing room is good
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aditi D
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 2 kids and booked a deluxe room. This is my second stay in the hotel and I must stay that considering the room tariff and facilities, this is a nice property. The staff has problems with communicating in English and it becomes difficult to make them understand. Otherwise, the room given to us was good (D 211) just opposite to the pool on the second floor and the kids had great time. Close to Kalim beach and patong is walking distance. The breakfast is average but the restaurant has good view of the road. Don't mind to come again .

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Considering the price to stay here, I wasn't surprised with the quality of the hotel. The beds were rock-hard, and the place was very noisy at night. The front desk female staff weren't very polite and hard to speak to. The food was very average, breakfast was OK. The elevator felt like it was going to break down everytime we got in it and our small balcony was not used at all because of the disgusting gabage-tip area that it looked onto. If you want to go on a holiday and not spend any time at the hotel, this is the place for you. Otherwise, I would choose somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I decided to spend our second honeymoon in Phuket back in November 2012, and we were offered this hotel through an airlines holiday package. The price of the package was a steal, which led me to an impulse decision-making to stay at this hotel, before I actually read the reviews at TripAdvisor. After I read the reviews, I was disappointed, mostly with my decision-making skills, but nevertheless still having high hopes for spending a good time here.

Huge mistake.

Service:
The service was bad. The lady at the reception was rude. She treated us like we are not welcomed there - no eye contact, rude tone, and no smiles. In the Land of Smiles, there is apparently this place called Patong Lodge Hotel, which somehow being deprived of this abundant national commodity. Oh. As i recall, finally she did smile when we said we would like to upgrade our room to Deluxe. "Betterrrr", she said. "Just 500baht more per night". Well, I guess smiles doesn't come cheap nowadays. Only the bell-boy was giving free smiles. And we did take the Deluxe room since there are reviews here saying its the best room at the hotel.

Room Quality:
We had the "highly-acclaimed" Deluxe room and the first thing we've noticed was the smell. The room had a distinctive damp smell which annoyed my wife like crazy - guess it was because she was pregnant back then. The bed was OK. Our air-conditioner never seems to work. And it can be quite warm and humid in Phuket, which makes staying in the room very uncomfortable. Shower was OK, but not much amenities provided. Can't really recall whether the room was noisy or not.

Location:
For me and my wife, it was not really walking distance between the Hotel and Patong Town. And it can be quite dangerous to walk to the town since there is no proper walkway from the hotel and you have to walk along the side of the road. Thus, we had to utilised the ever-ready "tuk-tuk" in front of the Hotel, to go to anywhere in the town. And they charge about 150-200baht per trip.

In conclusion, the Hotel contributed to the overall bad experience for us in Phuket, alongside a horribly-overcrowded cruise ship trip and an overall society which hungers for tourists' money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ewan85

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Me and my wife stayed there for 4 nights. Average room. No aesthetic feature. Sober room. Age old T.V. You can spend your night with great difficulty. No friendly staff. Room cleaning ladies are very harsh. not friendly. Yes it is Lodge. Not a three star hotel. Morning Breakfast is O.K. Small swimming pool. Far off from Bangla Road and market. Taxi 200 Bhat to go to Bangla Road. Near by no hotel. Only family store and FOREX. If you walk to the left you have one No.9 restaurant. Where you will get good continental and Thai food. Patong beach was over crowded. From this Hotel you can go to Beach (Opposite to the Hotel)but the sand is not all that good to stay on. But You have a good view of sunset . For good sunbath and swimming you have to go to Patong main beach. We never even taken Water bottle from the Refrigerater. But they put the bill and asked me to sign, When i refused three house keeping women came and fought with me rudely. They never think that we came for a holiday and give good reception. only a boy near the door who supplies beach towel alone is friendly. Others mechanical. No other go we had to spend four nights. Please Stay near Kata Beach instead. Best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple