“If you don't want to ruin your vacation go to another place!”
Review of Patong Lodge Hotel

Patong Lodge Hotel
Ranked #217 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 9 days. Our first disappointment was internet access, it wasn't free at all. There were 3 computers in the lobby with internet access and wi-fi, nothing free, the price for 30 minutes was 80 THB, while a lot of hotels provide free internet access and free wi-fi. In-room safety box was not free and it is locked by key not by number code. My friend and I used one of our suitcases as a safety box cause it had a good lock, one day we came home and found out the lock on our suitcase was broken, somebody came to our room and tried to rob us!!! Nothing was missing fortunately, but when we asked staff at the reception how could it happen - there were no answer at all, they just ignored us. If you don't want to ruin your vacation go to another place!

Room Tip: There is no view for almost all types of rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ekaterina M

Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 8 days. It was an unpleasant stay as the staff were hopeless, the place dirty and it is a long walk to town. They offer you free breakfast, but dont bother as it is leftovers from lunch or dinner the previous day. You also get a complimentary drink voucher (yes they give you a glass of cordial!!). The room we had was smelly (damp) and the view was of a construction site at the back with foreign people squatting there! To add to this, if you can put up with the rude staff. They were very very unhelpful and unfortunatley this made our stay in Patong not so good. Take my advice and stay anywhere else but here!

Room Tip: Dont choose any room...its all a scam to get more money.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Kath L
Reviewed December 15, 2011

stayed with wife and 5 yr kid. rooms are ok. value for money. but the window opens to a high wall/ boundary/ hillock. so zero view. food was nice but one lady at restau was rude on a friday evening. my wife asked for a plate of boiled rice instead of steam rice. well that was a mistake on her part. Later the lady told -" i knew u were asking for wrong food but my duty is not to correct you". Well lady u can atleast suggest.otherwise food was great. break fast was good. cocktails are nice. location is just ok. and why do u stop pool after 7 pm. i will love to relax on the pool in evening.

Room Tip: try pool side and avoid hill side view rooms
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank DevD2020
Reviewed November 29, 2011

stayed for 3 hours this hotel is completly run down there was dampness and dirty sheets on the bed i did not stay any longerwhen i seen the room

Room Tip: dont go pay fpr a good hotel its better for your health
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank srappyboy
Reviewed October 17, 2011

i had the worst experience ever in this hotel. i had booked directly but when we arrive they said they they have booking for one person only and for two ppl they charged us 350 baht per day more and that too after a lot of arguing. the front desk man was so rude he was litterally laughing at us and said you go if you dont agree on the price,. we were so damn tired that we took it (biggest Mistake) later on i paid 80baht for one houe ionternet and went thru my emails to search for the email exchange i had with them and found proof that they are lying and the cost given to me was for two ppl. when i took the matter down to the manager she was as rude as everyone else!! she first said that u didnt had booking, then said we had to cancel your one day booking when proved wrong with emails printoput they all got together on reception and shouted at us and kept on coming up with various arguments but did not returnred our money! when we said if you dont return our money we wont pay our dues (500baht for an overseas call- yes 300 baht for 3 min call! and dinner) they said okay we are calling police for you!!!! the distress we had to face it totally distroyed our vacations..
also as sghown on the map its not that close to the main area. its art the begining of kalim beach i dont know y have they named it patong and also it is above the hill you have to climd up twice which makes the walk way to longer and tiresome!!!! they were charging for every freaking thing and no one ever bothered to even smile once!! the room had a lizard that i had to kill and breakfast was very basic too..i had the worst time thr..please plaese dont go thr to save money as it will spoil everything for you!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: dont go there!!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Anamika12
Reviewed October 2, 2011

If you look on a map the hotel looks like it's in a decent location, it's not. It's not a massive walk to get to the action in Patong but you can get much better for the price.

The first night I stayed I asked for my laundry to be taken in the morning. Nobody came to collect it so I took it to the front desk. They gave me some excuse about why nobody came up and then charged me double for it being done so late.

I wanted to stay another night and the front desk again told me this would be fine at the same rate. I was then charged double the rate unless I booked it online... Tey let me book it online as longvas I paid them 80baht to use their computer... I booked it wrong (check in next day, check out day after - instead of same day check in), my fault but no help on this other than to pay for the room an additional night that I had originally wanted.

Finally, I know haggling is a big part of things in Thailand but I dint expect to have to do it at a hotel. I was charged 1,200 Baht for the boat and ferry to Phi Phi island by booking through the hotel. Everyone else's hotel charged them 600 for the same return journey.

In the plus side though, it is the only place I stayed that had a bath tub.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Safe_Dave_81
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed at the Patong Lodge for 10 days in September 2011. The restaurant and bar staff were fantastic as well as most of the staff in reception, overall extremely friendly. We got 3 rooms one 3 beder and two 2 bedders up the top. Rooms were spacious and nice and clean. However, watch your belongings in this hotel as we had 2 phones stolen from one room and some cash stolen from another on 3 differant occasions. Also breakfast is very average. Overall good value for money and great service however if you have more $$ to spare on accom id go with something a bit more in the centre of patong.

Room Tip: Request top/middle floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family