“Excellent customer service, hotel pick up, and CONCERN!”

Namloo Divers - Day Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 12, 2014

A shout out to Namloo Divers- and their top notch staff!
Josh (a warm, caring human being) and Micheal (a very professional, safety-conscious, and patient diving instructor from England).

As an experienced free diver, but novice scuba diver, I was a little apprehensive about all the quick theoretical, safety, equipment learning + 4 open water dives I was going to have to cram into 3 days. It was a challenging and rewarding experience, led by my DI Micheal (sorry, I don't know his last name...just ask for the Brit with the tattoos).

I was concerned because of the rough ride out to one of the islands, and let Josh know about it when we came back. He was very understanding, and told me he'd get us out on a larger boat with a more conservative captain the next day (which he did). He also told me that I should not go out if it was challenging my comfort zone- instead of trying to dismiss my fears or talking me into the diving day in order to not have to refund a day's diving. I really appreciated the genuine concern for my anxiety level and safety, and would recommend this excellent outfit to anyone who wants to learn to scuba dive the right way with an real emphasis on safety.

Thanks a million, guys, for giving me this great intro into this fascinating sport!

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"mask"
"tripadvisor"

Reviewed May 15, 2014

I wanted to give Namloo 7 stars but trip advisor only has 5!!!
My 2013 dive trip with one of the biggest and renown dive operator in Patong was a lousy experience because clearly it was more inclined towards business rather than personalized and assuring. I was very cautious this time around and sent mail to various dive centres but it seems like we were treated like any other customers and there was nothing special to it
After not have a proper dive since 2012 after my certification, me and my mates selected Namloo because of the assurance, speedy mails and replies given by Josh. Kudos to Josh for his communication. Upon arriving at their office cum home, i was warmly greeted by Tony, Jah and their lovely daughter Alice and Harry the beagle. I immediately felt comfortable and assured on the way Tony communicated with us. The next we were off to Phi Phi in a big chartered boat with all the necessary facilities for the passengers. Good food and drinks was served all day long to us.The most comfortable dive trip. During the diving, Tony was constantly checking on me ensuring that i am comfortable and everyting is o.k with me and my mates.Then came the second and third dives and all i can say is Tony was the best. His method of approach differs from others which makes him unique. Me and my mates could not say better. After our trip, we decided to go back in Sept or Oct for diving and Namloo will be our first and only choice. Tony, See u soon mate...:)

Reviewed May 3, 2014

A friend and I recently went diving with Namloo at the end of April on a four day/14 dive live-aboard trip to the Similans and had a fantastic experience.
The Namloo team's customer service was flawless from the booking through email in February to the return transfer to Phuket at the conclusion of our trip!
Our Dive Master Josh was very professional both in and out of the water, knowledgable, attentive and overall a great guy to have a beer with after a relaxing day of diving.
We highly recommend Namloo and would definitely dive with them again.10/10!!!

Reviewed May 2, 2014

My partner and I wanted to complete our Open Water & Advanced Open Water Courses whilst in Phuket. We contacted numerous companies and read countless reviews, but the answer was easy. Namloo Divers were prompt, professional and their offer of private tuition from their head instructor, Tony, made the decision simple. We booked with Namloo Divers prior to leaving Australia.

Upon arriving in Phuket we went straight to pay for the dive courses...our first meeting with Jah who is just sensational, always helpful, always smiling! And Jah is undoubtedly the best cook in Phuket. You could almost just sign up for diving just to eat Jah's cooking!

Due to Songkran Festival we had to change our start day, but Tony was absolutely genuine in his reasons and did everything to make the change problem free. Which it was! First day, we were picked up on time. The classroom session was relaxed and comfortable yet professional. Our pool session was only dampened by a recent change of filters to the water so it was pretty hideous, but otherwise the experience was great. When we needed extra time, Tony gave it, but otherwise he run the training at a great pace.

The dive days were just incredible, we only had one day that the pickup driver got confused and went to a nearby hotel (through no fault of Namloo). All the boats Namloo booked us on were professional, clean, safe and enjoyable. The experience was made though by Tony, constantly talking with us about how the day was running, running through knowledge reviews, giving us dive briefings and even teaching us extra details about the environment, marine life we would expect at each dive and so on. Unlike other dive schools where there was a distinct separation between instructor and students, this isn't the case with Namloo. Tony has a wicked little sense of humour and his personality just made the time we spent diving.

I was somewhat nervous before jumping in the ocean whether I would panic, if my ears would equalise okay, whether I'd be eaten by sharks or my snorkel would attack me, but once we were in the water I couldn't believe that I didn't worry once, even at 30M! Apart from my own capabilities, I attribute this primarily to Tony's teaching style and complete commitment and passion to making sure every one of his students finish every dive a better person and diver.

Due to a change commitment himself we had an option to undertake our Advanced Course with another instructor or change the date (by one day) and complete it with Tony. This was a no-brainer for us and I know now that he's set the benchmark high for any instructor or dive master we have here in Australia until we return to Phuket.

If you want to complete your dive courses as part of a truly committed and professional team, then pick Namloo. If you don't, you'll end up just another student and when you see Tony's team on any boat you’re on, you will regret the decision. Thanks Namloo for everything and we look forward to coming back VERY SOON for some more dives and pats with Harry the wonder dog!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I can't describe it any other way it was bloody EXCELLENT!!! I didn't have much to do with the planning of the course. Though booking it from Australia there was very good communication easy planning, always responded though clear Emails. It was easier than trying to book the courses in Australia who wouldn't work in with our work requirements. Training was fun but professional, making it still feel like we were holidaying. Not knowing the area we had no trouble getting to where we had to be, Tony&Jah made sure we had transfers from the hotels. Only once the transport bus was late, to no fault of Tony or Jah . All the equipment was in very good condition, clean and new. The diving charter boats that Tony uses the staff were great offered good help being new divers. In the water there was clear signals, Tony was always focused on our safety and constantly upgrading our techniques to make it easier.

Tony's sense of humour & Jah awesome cooking made the course really easy.

Other dive company's won't get close to the service they offered!

We are coming back!!!