“Namloo Underwater World!”

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Namloo Underwater World!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I can't describe it any other way it was bloody EXCELLENT!!! I didn't have much to do with the planning of the course. Though booking it from Australia there was very good communication easy planning, always responded though clear Emails. It was easier than trying to book the courses in Australia who wouldn't work in with our work requirements. Training was fun but professional, making it still feel like we were holidaying. Not knowing the area we had no trouble getting to where we had to be, Tony&Jah made sure we had transfers from the hotels. Only once the transport bus was late, to no fault of Tony or Jah . All the equipment was in very good condition, clean and new. The diving charter boats that Tony uses the staff were great offered good help being new divers. In the water there was clear signals, Tony was always focused on our safety and constantly upgrading our techniques to make it easier.

Tony's sense of humour & Jah awesome cooking made the course really easy.

Other dive company's won't get close to the service they offered!

We are coming back!!!

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Hooked for life!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is the fifth time I have written my first sentence. Seeing as how writing is not my strong point, I find it difficult to really express just how incredible of an experience the diving course with Namloo was. The sad part about diving is that often times people can have their experience ruined by impatient, or just incompetent dive instructors, fortunately I did my research and found Namloo. They get all the small things right, from being patient with a nervous first time diver, to really working around your schedule. They even went so far as to present me with a very delicious Panna Cotta at the end of my course. I signed up for my PADI open water course and was so impressed that I immediately did my Advanced Open water course with Tony. Price wise you arent going to find a better deal, diving is one of those activities where quality is of the utmost importance, the gear provided was in great condition, the classroom was brilliant. All around a well run operation.

Will be booking more courses with Namloo next time I am back in Phuket.

Visited March 2014
“Rating of 6”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Not sure where to start to be honest!
As a dive master myself, also working for a dive shop back in Australia. I like to think that I have a very good idea of what to do, and what not to do in terms of everything from the business side, to the fun side of diving.

I sent an email asking about the details of a three dive day. Tony, had an email back to me within minutes of everything I needed to know and more. Price, times, dive sites.... Everything even his personal number of which I said I could contact him any time of the day/night!

Something I have never seen before, which really took me by surprise, was that tony asked me a time, and he would come to me! At my resort, and sort everything out there!

The next day, I was at the pier by 8am, and we were on our way by 830am.
The boat was great! Full buffet breakfast and lunch. Two levels, clean toilets, shower facilities ect.

Tony didn't do what I see so often from the more "experienced" divers, of sitting away from the rest of the group with other instructors and the crew. He was right there talking and having a good time with everyone else.

I could go on for days about how much of a good time I had. Let's just say I liked it so much I went again two days later!

Short version is, the entire experience, from first email to saying goodbye after a three dive day was to date the best I have had.
Tony was friendly, extremely professional, and a great diver.
I will recommend Namloo to everyone I know travelling even close to Phuket.

Thanks again tony for a great two days underwater! I'll be seeing you again soon mate.

Ben

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Unforgettable Course”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have to be honest. I found Namloo on Tripadvisors. Upon comparison with other dive centres, I picked Namloo because they offer the best rate and the flawless reviews on Trip Advisor. One of the best decision ever made.

I wish to dedicate four paragraphs of my review to my instructor, Tony (Anthony, to be exact).

On the first day, I called Tony upon arrival. He asked me to stay at where I was - this has never happened to any other dive centres. Usually we go to them, they don't come to us. Namloo (or rather Tony) distinguished themselves from other commercialised dive centre by making this extra effort - it saves from going around a place we are not familiar with and wasting precious time in locating a dive centre, considering this is a very short trip.

On the second day of the course, I realised that I forgotten my mask in the hotel (how could I?). With much guilt, I told Tony about this - and the boat had taken off. Without hesitation, Tony, like a big brother, said 'don't worry, I will take care of that.' Alas, minutes later, he passed a *rather new, no fogging!* mask to the worrisome me.

Course wise, I would say Tony is a good teacher. He would gone through the manual with us, ensuring us have the requisite knowledge before going further. He also lent us his compass overnight, asked us to practise it when we had free time.

Safety wise, I do not have to worry at all. Under the sea, Tony would occasionally turn back and check on us, exchanging the 'OK' gesture, checking the air level on a frequent basis.

I have no negative comments against material aspects. Namloo's gears are relatively new. No wear and tear on the BCD. Clear mask, as I mentioned earlier. The quality of the third party service engaged or affiliated with Namloo is high - we boarded on a very comfortable boat; we had superb breakfast and lunch (considering all of them are cooked on the boat. BBQ sausage anyone?); knowing that we would be sea-sicked, the boatmen offered us pills during the introductory session.

Tony, thank you for changing my diving life. Thank you for being so accommodative towards our mistakes. Please let us know when you come over to Malaysia!

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Shang Hui C
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Did my advanced open water dive course with them and it was a pleasant experience with them! Our dive instructor, Tony is a friendly and patient guy who never fails to make sure that we are enjoying the trip during our stay in Patong, Phuket.

Best mates ever since!