We stayed at Baan Yin Dee in August 2013, we are a family of four with two teenage daughters.
Location: well located out of Patong but only a 10 - 15 minute down hill walk into the hustle and bustle of Patong and the hotel also offers a free shuttle service. The return trip requires a tuk tuk or taxi and will cost you between 150 - 300 baht, depending on your bartering skills.
Rooms: are extremely spacious with a huge bathroom and huge balcony which overlooks the Bay, a truly magnificent view from most rooms.
Facilities: wi-fi in all rooms, lovely boutique style pool area, nice for couples but I wouldn't recommend it for small children.
Staff: have very good English and go out of their way to make to meet your every need.
Food: I've saved the best to last! We met the chef, Andy who is an absolute asset to this hotel. The breakfast is al la carte, no cold scrambled eggs, queue's or mass produced food is found in this hotel. The menu is divine, Eggs Benedict, Omlette's made to order, Eggs with smoked salmon, Traditional breakfast with the most delicious home made hash brown ever, Waffles, Asian options, the list really does go on. The breakfast menu, coupled with the breads and cereal and fruit was of the highest quality we have experienced....the plates were even garnished with micro herbs, a very nice touch! The poolside menu is not extensive, however we can highly recommend the chicken satay in roti....divine! We also chose to eat in the Hotel's restaurant, Spice, on two occasions. Both meals we amazing with European and Thai choices on offer, in fact the Massaman curry was the best we have ever tasted and the beer battered fish was superb...the crispiest batter ever! Andy is a pastry chef and his desserts surpass the mains....you really have to stay at this beautiful hotel to truly appreciate the culinary experience on offer. We highly, highly recommend this hotel. To quote one of my daughters "this is the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at" and we travel at least 3 times a year...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched on a hilltop overlooking Patong Beach, enjoy breathtaking views of the turquoise Andaman Sea from your balcony. Be inspired by the resort's elegant Thai design which boasts a harmony of rich woods balanced by subtle granites, pebble stones, marble and rattan.Rejuvenate in one of 21 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, take a dip in one of four tiered infinity pools, or experience the pinnacle of Thai-western cuisine at the award-winning RICE restaurant. Only minutes away from Patong Beach, escape to the warmth and hospitality of Baan Yin Dee Boutique Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Baan Yin Dee Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Yin Dee Boutique Hotel Patong
- Baan Yin Dee Boutique Resort Patong, Phuket