“Away from the noise & buzz of Bangla”

Andaman Beach Suites Hotel
Ranked #44 of 327 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Chose this hotel ( Super Deluxe Seaview ) for an overnight stay in Patong before heading to Cape Panwa. I rented a car & drove from airport and found the location with ease with the help of a huge sign displayed along the main street, but will still need to be familiar with the roads in Phuket island. Parking & check-in was a breeze and I got a room on the 9th floor of the main block which is older, even when I requested in my booking that a high floor above 13/14th floor. The front desk reception just brushed me off by saying that I can get the sea view from the 9th floor too. Overall building & environment is old, need a retrofitting & good paint job but seems comfortable and slightly on the high side for the price.
Room & bathroom is large and clean, but furniture is not new even when this rooms are newly renovated. The en-suite kitchen S/S sink is old and dirty. Bed mattress is super hard type, which both of us liked... if you prefer soft mattress, not sure if they have them.
Hotel do not have a good & wide breakfast selection, seems more like those meant for travel groups, and will definitely go crazy if I were to eat this very morning. Only breakfast plus point is that it is next to the pool area, and you can choose to sit inside or next to the pool.
Location is good if you prefer to be away from the noise & buzz of Bangla area but still within walking distance. Just take a slow walk with plenty of shops & restaurants along the way... but look out for traffic and human congestion. Overall a 5 out of 10 rating

Room Tip: High Floor... and definitely Sea Facing view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
ABSHPhuket, Manager at Andaman Beach Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

Receiving informed feedback on any guest’s stay is vital in my role as management and I wanted to express my thanks for the time you have taken to comment on your most recent stay.

I will be discussing this with our team as clearly we expect every guest conversation to be handled with enthusiasm and professionalism.

As you mentioned you submitted your comments to the hotel and we take customer feedback very seriously as comments like these enable us to continually strive for service excellence and improve our product.

I was concerned that you were unimpressed by the warmth of their hospitality. People have commented at some length about the genuine warm feeling displayed by everyone in the team, but obviously this did not happen when you were with us.

I was pleased to read that you felt that our rooms were high standard, however, I offer my sincere apologies that you didn’t have a perfect stay.

In closing I wanted to thank you for your comments and offer you once more our sincere apologizes for any inconvenience this may have caused and assure you that they help me and my team.

The overwhelming response from our guests is that we have a product, and the service to accompany, that puts us among the very best hotels in Phuket, I am only sorry that you did not leave with that impression.

I do hope you have the opportunity to return to Andaman Beach Suites Hotel in the near future and experience a faultless stay.

With kind regards

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We thought this hotel was wonderful. Everything was very clean on arrival, and daily housekeeping was at a high level. The room we had was beautiful, with a view over the pool. The staff were very friendly, and always wiling to help. Breakfast buffet was also great. The rollaway for our third guest was very comfortable, and fitted easily in the room, without leaving it feeling crowded.

The only thing we disliked was the town - Patong is not the place to be. It seemed to be full of either the very young (and drunk), or the retired. There were very few Thai people, most were western, so this wasn't the kind of holiday we were looking for. However, if you're going to Patong, this place is great to stay in.

Room Tip: Great views looking over the pool, towards the ocean
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank catiepie1011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your Andaman Beach Suites Hotel experience with us. It makes us smile ear to ear knowing that you received first class service -- that is what we hope all of our guests experience as well.

We were more than happy to serve you and are proud to have enjoyed your holiday.

We have shared your kudos with our entire team and we look forward to your return visits in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel is in a good position if you want to go shopping. A 10 minute walk to the shops and Bangla Road. The beach is actually quite a walk and then once you cross the road its even further walk across the park to the water. The pool area is good with a bar and food available all day. We had no hot water in shower. A technician came to fix it and that worked for one shower and then it was cold again. The bathroom was large and had a separate shower and bath. I had a 22 and 13 year old with me so had a fold out couch for an extra bed. It was really uncomfortable, wooden slats and thin mattress. It was NYE and we didnt notice until we got back to the room at 2am that there was no blankets or sheets for the fold out bed. They delivered a quilt but no sheets and we were to tired to bother calling again. Room was very clean.
The sliding doors to the balcony can be opened by a child quite easily. The view from the 15th floor was nice. Cruise ships docked in the bay for NYE.
The buffet breakfast was nice. As they do here, the hotel caters for all nationalities so the variety is immense, from fried rice, noodles, vegetables, salad, bacon, eggs, fruit, cereal, pastries and much more.
Staff were helpful and happy. We checked in with friends to enjoy NYE. The dinner party was compulsory and very expensive at 120AUS per head, same for children over 11. We had to buy drinks on top of that. To their credit the entertainment was good. Band, Muay Thai exhibition, magician, games...
It was a nice stay we enjoyed ourselves and luckily we didnt want to go to the beach at that time. Cost way to much for what we got, but then it was NYE so I guess everywhere is dear at that time.

Room Tip: If you get a self contained suite be aware there is no cutlery, plates etc for preparing meals. 2 pe...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. your comments will be shared with our team so that we may continue to perfect our products and service.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this unforeseen debacle during you stay with us.

I will share your comments with our team and I am sure they will be most pleased.

We really hope that on another occasion we may show you our “We Care for our guests " hospitality once again, to show you that our team is committing themselves
and will always try to go that few miles further for all of our guests.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may caused.

We are looking forward to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Perfect Place to stay in Patong. Right on the beach. We were confused earlier on selection between "Banthai Beach

Resort" and "Andaman Beach Suites". We took this one as it was providing Sea View. And OH MY, we do not regret our decision.

I have stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in last week and got our "Deluxe Sea View" room on 15th floor which had Jaw-dropping view from room balcony.
(Though I have to say that you get proper "sea view" on floor above 10 only. I did check-in late around 09:00 PM and they gave me deluxe sea view on 8th floor which hardly gets any glimpse of sea because of trees. I denied taking that room and so they provided 15th floor one. And THAT was the perfect SEA VIEW room.)

Hotel: 22 floor Hotel. Clean and nicely built. It's Perfect for family holidays and honeymooners. Hotel has FREE WI-FI in whole hotel premises for maximum of 2 devices per room and fairly good connectivity. 1st floor have reception area, lobby and travel desk. You can use 2 internet connected computers kept beside travel desk for free. Part of 1st
and 2nd floor are kept for parking space.

Breakfast room, pool, gym and other recreational activities are on 3rd floor. Hotel has its own beauty saloon, pool side massage and spa area with sauna (in fairly budget prices). I tried Thai Massage and Spa service of hotel and can say it's very authentic Thai.

Hotel has provided private walk-way to beach for guests which is really handy.

Rooms: I got room number 1505 which is Deluxe Sea View. Nice and clean. Obviously highlight is the view. Pleasant interiors with darkie brown furnished and white walls (cool). Excellent bathroom comes with Bath tub and separate

shower area. All the staples in bathroom (soaps, toothbrush etc.) are changed daily. Extra sofa-bed is available for the accommodation of 3rd adult. Major part of the balcony is occupied by air-conditioning outlet. But still, its pretty comfortable for 2 people to sit, relax and have drink. Hotel has Standard LCD TV and dvd player in all rooms.
Electronic Safe is now available in each room in this hotel. Room fridge has water bottles, beer, alcoholic drinks, chocolates provided (chargeable on use)

Hotel has Superior city view, Superior Sea View and deluxe sea view on almost all floors above 5-6 till 18. (I am not sure about "super Deluxe sea view" rooms are on which floors.) So do not think that you will always get better sea view if you have booked Deluxe. It is not hotel's fault and truly it is "subject to availability" but You either have to be lucky or firm to get higher floor rooms.

Difference between Superior and Deluxe room is room space and balcony. Superior sea view does not have balcony but it has wall size french window overlooking sea.

Service / staff / House keeping : No complaints. You wont find a single staff who passes by you without giving broad smile. I have noticed that they have common lift for staff and guests but staff do not enter in lift if any guest is already there (nice gesture but not needed).
House keeping is spot on. You go to the breakfast room, they ask you your room number. By the time you complete your breakfast, your daily house keeping is done. As i wrote above, all the staples in bathroom (soaps, toothbrush etc.) are changed daily. They provide 2 mineral water bottles daily per room.

On the green note, they change mattress and towels only if you ask to.

We had issue only on one occasion where We found one beach towel missing from our room on the 5th day after house keeping. We called them and asked to provide us one. But they mis-understood and sent us bathroom towel instead of beach towel. (But that's fine. no complaints).

Food : We had fantastic Breakfast in the hotel. My wife is strict vegetarian and she did not have a slightest issue with breakfast. Huge varieties of breakfast options. It has Good choice of veggies, meat slices, cheese and spreads and jams for the sandwiches. Meat options varies from chicken to bacon. You can have choices of bread like white bread, brown bread, multigrain breads and also different flavors of loafs. Cereals are always there with milk.
Egg section is fantastic. You get options of boiled egg, choice of omelet, scrambled egg, fried egg (sunny side up), waffles and egg pan cake with honey and maple syrup.
Apart from this, you can have breakfast options of rice and noodles preparations, hot soups, grilled veggies, meat sausages etc. Excellent choices of fruits and juices.

One downside is, breakfast options are repetitive. So you may get bored after some days.

Hotel has one Lobby bar and one restaurant. Plus you can have your breakfast and meals on pool side tables also.

I have not noticed if hotel provide buffet lunch and dinner. (But believe me, you do not want to miss amazing quality and tasty food on street restaurants just out side the hotels. I can recommend you "Chiang mai restaurant", a street restaurant 4th or 5th on the right side of the hotel huge gate. It is just Opposite of 7/11 store. They have excellent varieties of sea food, meat and veggies. How they are better and different from others? They talk and laugh with you. They ask you how you like you food to be, How much spices, chilies, meat, How much quantity you need. And they prepare according to it. and be ready for surprise complimentary from them. And yes, they prepare for vegetarians too.)

Check-in / check-out : Quick and smooth. I did late check-in around 9 in evening. and it was 10 minutes job. (not counting my argument about higher floor. But then too it was quick) We were really tired and were considering sleeping without dinner. But we got time to take bath and then go out to explore food options.
Same with check-out. My flight was 10 in morning and considering travel time from patong to airport, I needed to check-out at 7 in morning. I let them know this on previous night and it's all managed.

All in all, a very good hotel and worth spending money as you can just walk down to all places specially beach.

Room Tip: Get Sea View. Get Higher floor room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank AnandDesai_7

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your wonderful experience at our Andaman Beach Suites Hotel.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed all of the different services in the hotel from restaurant service, to our fabulous front offices, housekeeping service, to our Transfer service

We were more than happy to be at your service and are proud to have enjoyed your holiday.

From all of us at Andaman Beach Suites hotel, thank you again for writing this glowing review about our team and hotel!

We are delighted to read that your thoughts are we HAVE THE BEST TEAM.

We hope to see you soon again in the near future!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great hotel, we stayed for 10 days, we were upgraded to a beautiful suite room, with a large balcony overlooking the pool. The room was large and spacious, the staff were amazing, especialy the pool stay Ton and Em :) they real made us welcome. the breakfast was fantastic, with a selection to please anyone. I would definatly stay there again, the location was a 2 min walk to the beach, 5 min walk into the centre of town, nice quiet st

Room Tip: pay a little more for a suite room
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank chadsue
ABSHPhuket, Manager at Andaman Beach Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a charming review of your stay at Andaman Beach Suites Hotel, we enjoyed reading your delightful feedback.

It’s wonderful to read that you could enjoyed to stay in the room, that one of the big advantage by staying at a hotel with Suite room, while you have all the facilities of a hotel.

Our Suite or Super Deluxe sea view room are one of the biggest hotel rooms that you can find in Phuket, with a separate living, pantry, bedroom and specious balconies to relax.

We are genuinely pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Thank you once again to share your experience.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This hotel is OK for the price... But it is starting to show some signs of age... Room is adequate enough, bathroom could be a little nicer, but views of Patong Beach from the 17th floor are a nice touch, even if the balcony is not that big or useful. Also asked for room with king and got doubles.
Rate was supposedly "65% discount"... you wouldn't be happy paying the other 65%.

Morning breakfast selection is pretty reasonable, typical of most decent Thailand hotels in terms of range and quality. Room service is pretty good and reasonable (even with the typical taxes thrown on) but a little bizarre that everything is served wrapped in glad wrap!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
ABSHPhuket, Manager at Andaman Beach Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Finally I'm pleased to read that you enjoined our lovely accommodation, view from balcony, Breakfast, Restaurant and that generally our service was good.

With kind Regards

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I decided on taking a break from our hectic lifestyle for a relaxing and entertaining get away. We checked into this hotel from 3rd November 2013 until 7th November 2013. Our stay was worth every penny with the free airport transfer, welcome drink, welcome platter of fruits, a warm welcome from the staff and the list goes on. The hospitality and services were first class. The facilities were great and we (husband and I) would not hesitate in making it our short regular getaway spot. :)

Room Tip: the Sea View rooms have a calming effect :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brinda J
ABSHPhuket, Manager at Andaman Beach Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear Guest

From all of us at Andaman Beach Suites hotel, thank you again for writing this glowing review about our team and hotel !

We are delighted to read that your thoughts are the we HAVE THE BEST TEAM.

We hope to see you soon again in the near future!