Lowest prices for your stay
$40
Free cancellation until 10/24/21
eDreams$40
CheapTickets$34
Agoda.com$29
All reviews sea view main building sky lounge games room bedroom suite room service bangla road restaurant staff buffet breakfast min walk house keeping happy hour pool side night life tuk tuk floor balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with 2 of my young teenage boys. We spent a lot of time in the swimming pool and the tennis court. Often, we are the only ones there. It is only about 150m from the beach. Close to a lot of great restaurants. Room is clean. The wifi in the room is fast, reliable and cheap.

Got to accept that it is old and lack of atmosphere. But we are there for a family holiday so it is good for us.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Martin N
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I've been to Patong 6 times and stayed in about 11 different Hotels. This was by far the worst yet for various reasons.

1) This hotel has no atmosphere. It's so big, but absolutely nothing is happening. I didn't see one person eat at the restaurant or one person drink at the bar. I seemed to spend a lot of time standing around waiting for the elevator which annoying stopped at almost every floor throughout the 16 floor ride.

2) You have to pay an extra 1000 baht to bring a guest back to your room, which is disgraceful when my room was 1000 baht alone and I'd stated "2 adults" on my initial booking.

3) Although the view was spectacular from my room, there was a terrible smell coming from the bathroom, like a dead rat or something inside the pipes. i asked the staff about it and they just said "yes, we know"... no explanation, no apology, nothing.

4) This Hotel looks nowhere near as modern, clean and nice as the website photos make it appear. They seem to be doing a lot of much needed renovations (causing day long noise throughout the hotel). The tennis court and pool area are very dated and in the rooms, there was a lot of dust, rust and peeling paint.

5) I booked for a week, but after 3 days, I'd had enough of the sickening smell, the extra money i was forking out unnecessarily for my guests, the lack of atmosphere and the rude staff and I checked out early. This is where my biggest problem with this hotel was.....

The staff didn't ask why i was checking out and when i told them, they couldn't have cared less. They refused to give me a refund of 4000 baht and THEN they claimed that items were missing from the minibar... I hadn't touched it. Sure, it was only a couple of hundred Baht, but that's not the point. When I contested these minibar charges, claiming that I hadn't taken anything, they threatened to call the police. The customer isn't always right anymore??

I handed over the couple of hundred baht and walked out the door, telling the staff that I'd never return and I strongly advice ANYONE going to Patong to look elsewhere.

DO NOT STAY HERE.

Room tip: Book somewhere else! haha
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
9  Thank livinginthehat
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Every year we travel back to Thailand and Patong is always on the cards. Sadly, over the last three years we have seen it evolve to suit the western culture.....I think there is about 7 Maccas there alone :-(. Bangala Road reminds me so much of Pat Pong in Bangkok and the smell of dettol is lingering in the air amoungst all the bars!! Not somewhere I would take my child for a night walk anymore. Karon beach was great!! Our next trip to Thailand I think we will explore possilbly, Krabi, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai or even Hua Hin . Andaman Beach Suites was great and the staff were lovely. The hotel was quiet (as it was off peak), but we managed to meet some nice people throughout out stay. It was nice having the pool to ourselves and I was proud to see our three daughter affectionately doted on by so many. Whilst we were disappointed about the building works (a lot of noise during the day), we gladly accepted a free room upgrade which was worth it. If you like to party, drinking and bars....Patong is the place......I think those years have passed for me and so I farewell Patong, thanks for the memories.

Room tip: Book a room below what you want and upgrade when you get to the hotel
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank ShazzandShane
Reviewed July 13, 2011

good points - friendly staff , Good location, close to Thai open air eaterys.
bad points- the meals were set up in the middle of the building, so everyone was woken to the clanging of pots and pans.
Nothing major, just annoying after awhile :)

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AustraliapedrO67
Reviewed May 15, 2011

have been here twice bk in 2005 after tsunami was in the family suite great room it was cant complain freindly staff remember our room key and everything they really got to know us a year later went back had to mini suites side by side connected yet again was great cant complain first time only had the resturant being upgraded the in the smaller glass area second time rooms and things were being done and still nothing to complain about renovations have to be done
going back in august the photos i have seen on there website look complete differant then 4 years ago and they r only new asin put up this year so i will def no if its changed or not and im expecting it would have as some the rooms u get now they dident even offer back then so thats how upgraded it is
but will sure let you know after august

Date of stay: May 2011