“Awesome Indian in Phuket with friendly service”

Royal India Restaurant Patong
Ranked #224 of 617 Restaurants in Patong
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great atmosphere, friendly staff, very clean and comfortable. Recommend butter chicken and chicken tikka Marsala and garlic naan. Very yummy and will be back!

1  Thank Anna J

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Not overly impressed with this restaurant. The waiter was trying to convince us to buy the more expensive items from the menu at every choice. There was a huge crack down the wine glass. We ordered a chicken Saag and a chicken bhuna, but when the food arrived and we started dishing out on too our rice the waitior then returned to informed us that I had been given a butter chicken instead of the bhuna which had ordered. They offered to change if I wanted but by this time it I was too hungry and wasn't prepared to wait any longer. The food seemed to be very gloupy and salty which is very different to the standard of Indian which we are used to.

All in all this was not a great experience and it was the most expensive meal we had in Phuket!

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Had my dinner here after reading reviews on TA. Ordered chic madrasa and tikka tandoori - I wouldn't say it's really good but it's definitely above avg. Only because having used to consume Indian cuisine in my home country, I feel it's not as aromatic and spicy enough. Pricing wise, it's a tad bit expensive from what I expect but it's a tourist area after all. They have a good variety of Thai, Indian and Italian food, so definitely worth a try!

1  Thank shareenmy
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

What a place
Great food
Great service.. Lovely genuine
..staff
Recommend the butter chicken and onion bhajis.. Devine

Good location not too busy. Great outdoor seating well air con'd
10/10

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Been going to this restaurant for a number of years, now thought I would tell everyone how good It is,mr Sunil runs a happy restaurant which seves a curry which is similar to what I get in jersey.
I love the the thick curry sauces that are on offer. You can have it as spicy as you like, or as mr Sunil says , Indian hot, when you sweat. Give it a try, nanns are also excellent, try the garlic chilli one.

1  Thank Christine G