“Amazing Indian food, highly recommend the malai kofta and cheese naan”
Review of The King's Kitchen

The King's Kitchen
Ranked #455 of 550 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Sydney, Australia
“Amazing Indian food, highly recommend the malai kofta and cheese naan”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed at The Kee Resort so this was super close and easy. Great friendly staff and amazing Indian food. I didn't eat their thai food, but the Indian food was definitely the winner here. We ate here twice and highly recommend the malai kofta (cottage cheese and potato balls in an awesome sauce, it's amazing!). Their naan was also great and butter chicken!

• Visited March 2014

“Below Expectations”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I ate at The King's Kitchen tonight and was disappointed. The reviews, though few, we're quite good so I hoped for a quality Indian food experience.

What I got was not bad, just very plain and unimpressive. I order both my dishes "spicy". I was asked if I was sure. I said yes. Was asked again. I said yes. What I got was a meal with absolutely not heat or spice whatsoever. I am a Caucasian who grew up on this food, so to me it's just a complete waste cooking it this way. It still had a bit of flavor, but not much.

Dishes are comparable in price with other Indian places in Patong for prices (around 300 baht) but are smaller than their rivals.

The positives were that the staff were friendly and the restaurant itself has an interesting design and atmosphere. No real complaints there, until the bill came...

I had a couple dishes, some naan, a drink, and rice. I was expecting around 750-850, then the bill was presented as 1200. Quite the discrepancy. A quick calculation confirmed my bill was 810, and when I brought it up it was quickly corrected. Any honest mistake? Most likely, but still a disappointing finale to the meal.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Xavier98
Perth, Australia
“Clean and tasty!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Close to the sea end of bangala road. Very tasty. Good air con but also has outdoor seating. Really lovely garlic naan.

Visited August 2013
Maitland, Australia
“The kings Kitchen”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We found that the staff where very friendly and very relaxed atmosphere. The food quality was of high standard with great taste.It was one of the best restaurants that we ate at over our 12 day stay in Phuket

• Visited July 2013
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Excellent food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The nan was one of the best. A real taste of India.

Especially good value for Patong, where, atypically for Thailand, it's hard to find a decent meal.

• Visited July 2013