“Love this place”

Bangla Boxing Stadium
Ranked #19 of 73 things to do in Patong
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My hubby and the kids love going to watch the mauy thai at this stadium. Great atmosphere. International fighters from all over the world not just thai boxers. Great value for money for a good night of entertainment. Real eye-opener for our kids.

All reviews
in 59 reviews
"boxer"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2013

It is a great experience to go to a real Muay Thai fight. Before the fights begin, the loud advertising message being played over the speakers to lure people inside got a bit repetitive. I think my whole family know it off by heart, haha. Drinks are pricey however overall it was a good night!

1  Thank Kelsie W
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My partner and I stopped by here around midday and were very well taken care of by the bar staff. We had more than a couple of rounds while observing the busy Bangla Rd and were very very pleased when we left that we took the time to just sit back and observe - something that is so easy to forget in Thailand!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've been to this stadium multiple times and most recently on April 28, 2013. They had a few title fights including a womens title fight. The last few fights were of high quality that they were televised country wide. Too bad during that night there was a power glitch and the entire Patong area lost power for what felt like hours.

Would highly recommend this "tourist" boxing stadium. They do have very decent and real fights!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I wanted to go to the Kick boxing World Championship match with my wife, but was afraid that the crowd and place might be too rowdy. I was pleasantly surprised to find a well maintained and lighted stadium, with excellent seating, excellent staff and customers.
During the match unluckily the electricity transformer outside the stadium caught fire and the lights went out. But the staff of the stadium put up extra lights, and were very helpful in informing everyone about the situation. People were waiting but no one was rude or rowdy.
Me and my wife both enjoyed the stadium and the matches. The only bad point is that there is not a really good food bar and the prices of food are very high, so it is better to eat before going or to bring snacks with you.
But it is worth going as I dont think anywhere in the world can you enjoy a Thai Boxing match, that is bloody and tough, with your wife in a safe and clean environment.