“Bargain”
Review of Coco Resort

Coco Resort
Ranked #163 of 334 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed at Coco Resort for 5 days. It's a 15-minute walk to Patong beach and around 10-minute walk to Bangla Road (center of nightlife in Phuket) which is perfect, if you want to be close in the middle of action in Phuket but also need peace and quiet to sleep. The rooms are really clean and spacious, has hot shower and aircon working well. And there are a few restaurants and massage center around the area. Jungceylon which a huge shopping mall is just 8-minute walk from the hotel, if you hate walking, you can rent a motorbike at the hotel.

I arrived at the hotel at 10AM but was told that the check-in time is 12 so I decided to roam around the area and came back at 12, but apparently the guest who's occupying the room extended his/her stay at the last minute and wanted that room. They decided to let me stay in a bigger room without extra fee for one day to make up for it. Other than that, I didn't have problem with the hotel. I had a very good stay at this hotel. Added bonus is that the staff and the manager are very helpful and friendly!

I'm planning to comeback on March 2014 because Phuket is just amazing and planning to stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank JudeZander

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This hotel receives 2 stars based purely on the helpfulness of the staff trying to make the best of a bad situation. Nothing was too hard for them and we appreciated their every effort. Unfortunately the hotel let them down. It is true in life that you 'get what you pay for' and Coco Resort is the perfect illustration for that.
I travelled with my daughter for a dental holiday to have crowns fitted in Patong. While the dentist surgery was everything we had hoped for the same could not be said of the Coco Resort. On arrival we were shown to Room 304 (cue spooky music). Immediately we told them we had booked a room with 2 beds not a double. As there were none available we were told they would see if they could change for us in the morning. We agreed having no idea just how far away the next morning was. As we relaxed (I use the word very loosely) on the bed provided we discovered it had been made by a torturers' apprentice from the 9th dynasty. The floor could have been more comfortable (it didn't have springs at least) and I seriously considered moving during the night to give my body a rest. As we lay awake, sleep was not really an option, we discovered the dogs next door. These dogs, at least 5 or 6 of them, had obviously been specially bred for their ability to howl through walls. And howl they did at beautifully synchronised time periods throughout the night, timed to keep us constantly awake. Fortunately they abated at around 2am. That was when the soccer game started. That's right sports fans, the Patong sports field is just across the road and the pre match warm up begins at 2am! The warm up finished at 3am and the match proper began replete with an overly officious umpires whistle and the mandatory noise from the players. Luckily it was soccer match so therefore no regular scoring to excite the crowd. The 'Nil All' draw finished at 4.30am.
Oh bliss I thought lying on my bed of nails, time to sleep. Wrong! That was when the Russians arrived back in their room above us from their night on the town with their hooker in tow. How do I know they were Russian? Due to the clarity of the noise transference between floors I was able to carry out a rudimentary study of the Russian language. I assume that 'ha ha ha ha ha ha, hahahahahahahaha, ha ha ha ha' translates directly as heard (all night).
The hotel is owned by Italians and you will see that most of the great reviews here are from Italians (I smell a rat). Upon calling down to reception at 4.30 am to enquire as to the curfew on noise in rooms, can you do something, what time does it have to stop, I was given the answer "Ah sorry....no time". In real English this translates as "this is a party hotel, you booked it, suffer the consequences". And suffer we did.
We did manage to get a couple of hours of restless sleep before we began hearing every door on every floor opening & closing for the morning at around 7am. Ah the sweet slammin' sound of a bad hotel choice! Oh well, at least we can shower and see what the day holds. Wrong! No water! I watched with disquiet as my morning constitutional bobbed serenely at the surface, unable to complete his journey into the great unknown. On ringing reception again I was given to understand that this was an isolated, unusual incident and that a water truck would be here in an hour to refill the hotel tanks. I comforted my brown friend in the knowledge that his sojourn with us would soon be over. The water disappeared twice more during our stay. Isolated? I think not.
The next morning we were moved to the 5th floor, room 502, where the the dogs & soccer were softer but the motorbikes and firecrackers louder. The beds however were slightly more comfortable. We understood that for the last night of our stay we would have to move back to room 304 as they had another booking (cue suspenseful music). Please re-read from the top for our experience on the last night. We were pleasantly surprised when we were offered two Drumstick ice creams for our trouble. In the morning we both agreed it was at least a 10 Drumstick room. Oh, did I mention the ants?
If the rating were based purely on the staff I would have to give it a 5 out of 5 but the experience of staying here is not one I would wish on my worst enemy.
The moral of this story - Don't - just don't.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank dasher1066
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Checked in at 4 p.m., checked out at 8 p.m. Used those four hours to have a break after our flight and to book another hotel. We were looking forward to coming into this hotel but were totally disappointed the minute we saw the street it's at, the receptiona and then the room - my boyfriend and I just looked at each other and waited for the kind receptionist to leave the room and just agreed in a second we didn't want to spend a single night there. The room did not even resemble the one we were promised online, we had one chair, a bed and a tiny odd looking couch. The bathroom was awful, with a showere, even though we booked a room with a tub. The room obviously hadnt been cleaned properly for a long time. Basically if you are looking for a bed and some hot water, go there. If you're planning a long stay in Patong with a girfriend or boyfriend, don't book Coco Resort.
The staff extremely kind and friendly, though!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lada1977
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I am not the person who would write some bad reviews, but I must say that we stayed in this hotel and it was my worst accommodation ever.
First of all, the bed was so hard, you felt like sleeping on the floor. Secondly the windows are so poor it's like they are not there. We were on the 5th floor and you could hear the wind whistling so hard all night that I felt like I am in some mountain cottage.
And the worst of all is their neighbour has 5 or 6 dogs, that by some reason start barking in the middle of the night and they are so loud that even earplugs don't help. Honestly I am surprised no one has mentioned this in reviews so far!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CocoKA
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I was staying in the hotel from 28.12.2013 to 30.12.2013.
The room was with no chair, elevator dangerous with a hole between the wall, room was dirty, no hot water for the first day, i paid for sleep and breakfast, they want breakfast to be paid two times. The place is noisy, cant sleep in the night. I wanted to get out from the hotel after teo days, they wanted full price and also 2000bht more!!!! They were extorting me with my passport. The italian owner was rude and not polite and did not want to hear nothing of the complaints. I borrowed motorbike there, it was broken and dangerous for life!!!!! At the end i forgot 3 boxesin the hotel, of course they did not give me back. The hotel is the worst experience in my life. Poor staff to work for a boss like that Italian.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Matteo L
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Great personnel. The service was second to none. Staff were very helpful and went the extra mile to ensure we were comfortable. The rooms were comfy with a fully stocked fridge. The comforts of home while on holiday. Will definitely be back here when I come back to Phuket!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Keith R
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Interiors.....Great
Rooms ...comfortable
Cleanliness .....high standard
Service....very good
Staff....courteous
Location...convenient (within walking distance from restaurants, 24/7, message parlors etc.; less than a Km from Patong Beach; about 1.5 Km from night life attractions at Bangla Road). I stayed here with my friends and none of us had good hands on bikes especially when high on booz, but we never felt a need to look for taxi as every thing was in proximity.

Being a relatively new hotel, the architecture and ambiance are appreciable. Ever smiling hotel staff seems as an icing on the cake.

IN SHORT FULL VALUE FOR MONEY

Room Tip: Choose a room at higher floor to have a better view of the surrounding......don't worry the hot...