So Thai Spa Phuket Ashlee

from $15.84
from $25.34
from $15.84
More Info
All reviews luxury package massage receptionist phuket skills
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2019 via mobile

Finding a place that offers massages in Phuket is like finding flys at a summer picnic; they are everywhere! In the late afternoons and evenings, your arm might even get sore from all the massage vendors tugging at it as you walk the streets in search of a reputable location. Certainly if you don’t mind a wide open shared room and an inexpensive job, you can find them everywhere! But I was looking for a more “traditional” zen like setting that sets the foundation for a relaxing tone. Plus, I wanted a private room; away from the noise and hassle of the high season tourist crowds.

I found this at “So Thai Spa”! I actually first read about it in a post here. So I ventured out, unscheduled. It was in walking distance from my hotel. As you enter, you are greeted immediately by everyone with the traditional bow of the head while clasping of their hands in a praying or “giving thanks” manner. As you pick your massage, you are given a refreshing juice. I came during the morning, which is the slow time in high season. Nights need to be scheduled.

I was taken back to the hall, where I removed my shoes in exchange for some slippers. Then to the room where I removed my clothing and place on oversize top gown and pant bottoms and then sat in a chair which had a bowl of water, with limes, sitting in front of it on the floor. I had earlier selected the “Traditional Thai Massage”. So I really didn’t know what to expect, having oil massages in the past.

They begin all the massages with the “washing of feet” with some sort of herbal scrub. Very relaxing as they go all over your feet and between each toe. After washing each foot, they dry it with a soft towel and place it back into the slipper. Then, it’s time to get on the table, face down.

The Traditional Thai massage was a relaxing medley of working and stretching muscles. The small lady moved like Spider-Man as she used her elbows, knees, feet, palms and fingers as tools to relax my body with what seemed to be a Superman strength! I didn’t even know my body was so tight in places. She started with my feet, worked her way up, flipped over, then again, feet to top! Catching the arms along the way both times! It was excellent and lasted an hour!

Afterwards, I changed and went back into the main office where they presented a hot herbal tea and crackers. The entire experience was delightful for me.

It was such a great experience, I went back the next day and received the hot coconut oil massage. More deep rub and less stretching. Again, fantastic, but different than the traditional Thai. Both soothing, relaxing and very professional!

As you can tell, I would highly recommend the establishment to anyone. Price? It was slightly higher than the street vendors, but you would expect that given the overall establishment’s “Zen”. Overall still relatively inexpensive compare to anyone’s standards. Oh yeah, if you happen to walk by, don’t expect to find someone outside tapping your arm and prodding you to come in. It won’t happen. Those gals seem too busy inside giving massages!

Happy travels and good luck!

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank JCOKUSA
Reviewed November 15, 2018

I had the 4hr luxury package which included foot bath, scrub & massage, full body scrub, aromatherapy body & massage, facial & head massage it was all amazing!! My therapist was Su & she was awesome, so kind & friendly but also worked hard. I loved every minute of it. The little tea break with hot scented tea and yummy shortbread biscuits after the body scrub & shower was great too. Everything is provided including towels, slippers, robe disposable underwear etc. Highly recommend So Thai Spa they are a professional, clean and beautiful business. If I am ever in Phuket again I will definitely be returning to So Thai Spa!!

Date of experience: March 2018
2  Thank Allison364
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife went and did 2-hour (foot & Thai massage) session. The place is very clean, staff are nice and their service is really good.

Date of experience: October 2018
1  Thank Mohammad B
Reviewed October 29, 2018

its a nice place and the staff were pleasant but the price is high for what is offered and done. i will consider having massage done outside rather than there .

Date of experience: October 2018
14  Thank nadimmoallem
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I got to know this massage place thru TripAdvisor so give it a try all the way from Mai Khao beach. I would said this massage center really excellent. Staff is super friendly especially the front desk Ms. Ying and my massage lady Ms. Nana for their excellent service and massage skill. Good job for So Thai spa! For those who drive here, there’s parking lot right outside the massage center.

Date of experience: August 2018