“Good diner in a perfect location.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Place

The Place
Ranked #40 of 548 Restaurants in Patong
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Tortona, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,107 helpful votes
“Good diner in a perfect location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Beautiful restaurant located opposite the sea in the central area of Patong, I ate here one evening and it was very nice, the atmosphere is romantic, sitting in one of the many tables outside on the terrace overlooking the main street and with panoramic sea views .
I admit that the welcome and service were impeccable, and I was also pleased to eat, especially rice served inside the shell of pineapple, very original.
The prices are average, I would highly recommend this place.

• Visited January 2014

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Gold Coast, QLD
“Hidden Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I only stumbled across "the Place" one evening when we wanted to find a restaurant on the main beach road but all the smells of the street were starting to get to me...this was an escape off the road as it's elevated so your up high on a deck over looking the street below....I wasn't expecting much in terms of the food, but it was packed when we sat down...so this was a good sign....when the food came out we were pleasantly surprised, full of flavour, great potions and a pretty good meal to say the least...we got a mix of Thai, Pizza and calzone and I got the big skewer of mixed meats and veggies....they were all good. Try this place, you won't be disappointed...the hardest part is trying to get a table, so go early.

Visited January 2014
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Misled I feel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

The best thing about this place is the location, the upper level makes quite nice dining. I was let down with my meal. I ordered a pizza that was advertised with rocket salad on it. When it arrived all it had was a pile of lettuce in the middle. I said to the waitress that I was expecting rocket. She went off to discuss with others I assumed, but she never came back. My partner ordered a dish and this was forgotten. That happens from time to time at restaurants, but instead of being frank and saying it got forgotten the staff just kept saying it will be soon (this was after 30min). Only later did the manager admit it got forgotten. When I raised the rocket issue with the manager I just got told it shouldn't be on the menu because rocket is hard to get in Phuket. That's fine, but don't take me for an idiot and pass off normal lettuce as rocket! This place also seemed to charge higher for all beers compared to the endless number of surrounding bars/restaurants.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Had our first meal in Patong Beach at The Place and we were more than happy. Good service, good food, good prices. But it all went downhill after that.

Visited December 2013
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our group really enjoyed dining at this place, the employees were really nice and food was absolutely delicious. We sat upstairs on the terrace it had a really good atmosphere also and they dont only serve Thai food either!

Visited January 2014

Been to The Place? Share your experiences!