“We were pleased!”

Cuisines: French, Thai, International
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We quite enjoyed this place, we dined there for lunch one day and it had a nice breeze coming through which was nice as it was quite a humid day. I ordered the calamari and it was the best i'd had in Patong, it was succulent and cooked perfectly with a really good crumb.. Apart from reviews below we though the chips were delicious, it tasted like they were boiled first in a stock then deep fried, really big thick cut and home made.. couldn't say no to more! I can't remember what my friend had but we both left quite satisfied and the service for us was pretty good. I'd definitely return

There are newer reviews for The Place

Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I were staying close to this bar so we visited a few times. Each visit we were greeted warmly and treated like old friends! The cocktails, food and service were all above par!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We chose this restaurant because it looked OK from the front, the menu board seemed to be good and there were a few people eating there, so we thought it was worth a shot. We should have kept walking. We went upstairs an stood for a few minutes waiting for somebody to acknowledge us but when no-one did, we started to arrange our own tables. Then, once we were seated, we sat and waited again for someone to come and serve us. Looking back, we should have taken the hint and left. Anyway, our orders were taken and our first drinks arrived. First problem. My wife ordered a cocktail which is supposed to be blue. This one was red, and it tasted pretty bad, so was rejected and replaced by one that was, luckily, made correctly. Once the meals arrived the disappointment continued. The food was not hot and was average at best. Garlic bread was pizza style and was over cooked and dry. Steaks were almost cold and tasted unlike any steak I have ever eaten. The fries were soggy, oily and tasteless. The two kids in our group ordered burgers and these too were a disappointment. The meat was almost raw so could not be eaten. We complained to a French guy who seemed to be in charge, and he tried to tell us that it was cooked like that because it was steak, not mince, which was a blatant lie. All in all it was a pretty poor experience for our group and I would not recommend going near The Place.

1  Thank Trevor G
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Went there for dinner and had Thai food off the menu, a simple noodle dish and a satay. It was bland, the satay was luke warm and the while meal over priced. The food seemed to have been adjusted for westerners. People around me seemed to enjoy their pizzas, maybe should have had given that a go instead. Lastly, the service was lackluster just like the food. It is a shame though because the location and atmosphere is excellent. They just need to try harder.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We came to this restaurant after reading some reviews. Nothing special. 2 pizzas took forever, were full of oil and not exciting. Originally I wanted phat thai but they were out a bit odd for a thai dish in Thailand. They do have happy our for 99 baht for cocktails that looked good however I did not try them.