“Tasty fresh food...chai to die for”

Ristorante Pizzeria Zafferano
Ranked #199 of 549 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Indian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Nel centro di Patong, a pochi passi dalla Bangla, offriamo un vasto menu di specialita italiane, indiane e thailandesi. Ambiente confortevole e informale adatto a qualsiasi tipo di clientela.Potrete trovare delle ottime colazioni con cappuccino/caffe oppure american breakfast.Vi aspettiamo
Brisbane, Australia
“Tasty fresh food...chai to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

We ordered Chicken satay, garden salad, naan brean, biryani and a pot of
Indian Chai. The Chai is a stand out for us. Best we have ever had actually. Basing that on travels to India, Malaysia and at home in Australia where we are surrounded by great chai makers (my wife is Fiji Indian and has some family who make great chsi). What a great mixture of food they serve here. Basically they have 3 menus, Italian, thai and indian? All the food we ordered was delicious and the service was pretty good. Prices were about standard with all the competitors in the area. We'll be back...

• Visited November 2013

“Nice Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch there recently, spaghetti with seafood, a very good experience and was so happy with it went back for dinner that night, only a couple of things annoyed us, the constant stream of people trying to sell us stuff while we're eating, a big turn of, and the service needs to improve a little.

Visited October 2013
Mandurah, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Although the food looks nothing like the menu pictures, the taste is good. Pad Thai supposed to be served in omelette - no omelette. Watch out if you are not into spicy food, Green curry can be ordered 'not too spicy' but oh boy, the owner and waiters had a good laugh when we almost blew fire balls :-) But still this restaurant can be recommended for quality and price.

Visited October 2013
“Worst food we have eaten on our stay in patong”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Food took a long time to come out. Dishes nothing like they are in the photos. Ordered 3 dishes and all were disgusting. We have eaten at a large number of restaurant's during our stay in phuket. some good some really good. This is the only one where we were really disappointed and did not leave a tip. Definitely stay away from this one. Close by is a restaurant called banana leaf. This is one of the best restaurants with great food, service and prices.

• Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Italian owners, but just another tourist rip-off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went there in July 2013. I wanted Italian, and happened to see this in a slightly hidden corner near the Hard Rock Cafe. When I went in to check it out, I saw Italians at the cashier counter, and an Italian chef in the kitchen. I thought it might possibly be a "hidden gem". I was so wrong. I ordered a Pork Milanese for my main course. It was dry, the breading wasn't properly seasoned, and it just tasted off. Almost an hour after eating, I got sick. I spent all night in and out of the toilet, and for most of the next few days, I could not eat anything without it running through me almost immediately. Very disappointed, and I certainly will not be returning again.

• Visited July 2013
Simona D, Owner at Ristorante Pizzeria Zafferano, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello,
we are sorry for his Milanese, is reputed to be one of the best in our Italian customers, maybe does not know the Italian cuisine, and using fresh produce and freshly prepared it seems really strange as it may caused them all I'm "great discomfort " the next few days ............ maybe he drank cold and took a congestion ........ however we will be happy to see her again to propose some other dish of Italian cuisine.
Thanks