“Fantastic meals , including vegetarian.”

The Blue Mango Bar and Grill
Ranked #15 of 637 Restaurants in Patong
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Please follow the directions on how to get to us on our website. Please tell your driver that we are next door (before) to the Merlin Beach Resort.Blue Mango Bar & Grill offers a quality Thai and Mediterranean dining experience in a quiet location away from hustle and bustle of Patong Beach. When giving directions to your driver, please mention we are located in the Twin Sands Resort, just before the Merlin Beach hotel. We provide courtesy pickup service for prior dinner reservations between 6pm and 9pm within the Patong area.Opening Hours: Monday - Sunday 7:30am - 10:30pmPlease check our Facebook page for regular event updates - search for Blue Mango Restaurant in Patong.
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Twin Sands for 10 days and had room service plus restaurant meals. All meals were well presented, enjoyable, and reasonably priced. As we are mainly vegetarian on the last night the Chef cooked us a special 7 course vegetarian meal. The presentation was superb and the food was a class above any vegetarian meal I am served in most restaurants. The subtle spices and flavourings made a normal soup, pasta and rice dish exotic and delightful to eat. Every one of the dishes was exceptional, so I just had to taste them all! I believe they are planning to have a special vegetarian menu which would be a great inducement to return to the resort.
The manager was welcoming and cheerful- a great host, who took the time to make you feel comfortable and recognised each visit.

1  Thank Van2010_10

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Twin Sands Resort and feel that once it is complete, the experience will only be enhanced. The real highlight of our stay however, were our several dining experiences at The Blue Mango Bar & Grill. The food was excellent and, while not cheap, very reasonably priced - in fact we had all of our meals there during our 3 day stay on Phuket. The wine quality and selection was excellent and the service, specifically from the restaurant manager, was impeccable. The ambiance was lovely, sophisticated but not pretentious, and will only improve once the resort that the restaurant overlooks is complete (as of now it is a vacant piece of land). The restaurant manager was extremely knowledgeable and welcoming, and he went out of his way to ensure each guest (even repeat ones such as ourselves) was taken care of at each visit. We highly recommend The Blue Mango Bar & Grill to anyone staying in the area and look forward to the possibility of them opening a restaurant in Hong Kong where we are based.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have just eaten at the Blue Mango restaurant in Twin Sands just outside Patong, which I think is one of the very best new restaurants in Phuket Thailand and has a wonderful ambiance. The food was first class, beautifully cooked and the service was excellent. I will certainly recommend the restaurant to friends and, when I return to the wonderful island of Phuket, will once again eat at the Blue Mango.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food is very good and the decor is very modern

We had the Club Sandwich, Tiger prawns (starter) and The Tom Yum goong even the Club Sandwich was good.

However I was very disappointed by my 'Long island iced tea' Cocktail it tasted weak!

The staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were at the Tri Trang end of Patong and knew the area but even so, it costs more to get to Tri Trang (not Patong, say taxi drivers) and even worse, it's hard to get back. There are no passing taxis and we asked the restaurant to order us one, but they asked the hotel's own pick up truck, who then disappeared and we then had to wait a long time. He charged us 400b to get back to our hotel (the going rate) but after a half an hour wait, it didn't feel like a great deal. The food was good, even very good. The service was less impeccable than in other restaurants we had experienced. Not bad, just ok/good. For the food, I rate this very good, but while we weren't put off by the location before, I wouldn't rush back. It was the most disappointment experience as a whole of the two weeks, and it wasn't the food's fault! I'd say it's not worth taking the trip from patong, but if you were staying here you would be very happy.

1  Thank waltonwanderer