“Loved it!!”

Patong Boxing Stadium
Ranked #13 of 74 things to do in Patong
Reviewed March 19, 2016

Very enjoyable night, hadn't been to anything like this before.
Great, soft comfy chairs. Starts at 9pm goes till about midnight.

All reviews
in 32 reviews
"knockout"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 16, 2016

I went because the guys wanted to check it out. At first me and the other girls were quite skeptical of going, as the media/ our impressions of thai boxing was always very bloody and violent.

The show started off with young children boxing. It was quite a cultural and educational performance as the fight was lighter. So as a completely unexposed to thai boxing- type-gal, I got to observe more of the style of attacks, and warm up to watch I was watching.

Then a pair of preteens fought, followed by teenagers, and then various matches between adult men (two thai boxers, a black thai boxer vs. thai, a white thai boxer vs. thai) I would say the preteen and teen fights were entertaining, but the adult fights were when the flips and then more diverse attacks started.

Overall, it was a lot more entertaining than I thought, and less blood and gore. (Excuse my lack of exposure to thai boxing, haha) I enjoyed it and also cringed along with the viewers during the attacks and injuries. I was surprised by how fast the thai boxer could make the opponent black out within 1 minute of the fight, and how strong the boxers were, even if they didn't appear to be super ripped.

I would say there is no need to buy VIP seats, as there's not a lot of difference. But another part of this experience for me aside what was going on in the stage, would be the gamblers in the stadium who had quite entertaining reactions. You could always tell who they were betting on by the collective shouts.

Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

My partner And I attended recently. Good night of entertainment both with the fights as well as the bookys runnning around trying to get bets and bickering with each other. Some say fights are fixed. Regardless whether true or not still worth it. Great atmosphere. Don't bother paying extea money for upgraded seating i.e VIP as you get a great view from any seat. Get there at least 30 mins before gates open to line up. As no reserved seating. First in first served. Very hot inside. Cold drinks and beer available. Fights usually start 9pm til about midnight

Reviewed March 13, 2016

Very good fights with some blood and a KO which appeared to be real. You can never be sure, though. The venue is extremely expensive and once was more than enough. I won't go back there again next time.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

Like with all thai boxing stadiums, the atmosphere is amazing. I've been to patong stadium on many occasions while training muay thai in phuket and i love it. I was matched up to fight here on my last trip out training to thailand but sadly my opponent pulled out the day before and I did not get another chance to feel the great atmosphere from inside the ring but i will return and feel the buzz for real. Anyone who visits phuket must visit this place. Its a great evening out, especially when you go with all the fighters training at the camps.

1  Thank James P