“Budget stay a bit far from city center”
Review of The Artist House

The Artist House
Ranked #62 of 230 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We spent 3 nights in this hotel. It's a good place for a budget stay, only if you are planning just to sleep.

Pros:
+ Price
+ Friendly staff
+ Tea set in the room
+ 7-Eleven and Familymart are a stone away

Cons:
- A strong smell of the bathroom. Though the hotel was new
- Construction performed around the hotel
- Far from city center and the beach

If you don't mind about bathroom smell, you can choose it. It's good for a budget stay. I'd choose another place for a stay next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The property is new and well maintained till the date of review. The price is ok. I did not receive breakfast bundled with the room rent. The property is approx. 3 km away from the main beach and is at the end of Patong city. The room quality is excellent and staff helpful. I stayed here for a day and used it mainly for over night good sleep. Being an vegetarian had no veg food options around. Had to go to Patong beach and Jungceylon for veg food. However there are lot of Muslim Halal restaurants around as this hotel is near a Mosque. The location of hotel on Google maps is incorrect. This hotel is opposite Wat Suwankiriwong School. Fining this hotel was not easy though it is on the main road. But the rooms are quite and pleasant as this hotel is small. It is not chaotic. But for its location you will not regret staying here.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room # 21 which had balcony facing the entrance road, so could not open the curtains. Yo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

As soon as I began contact with the Artist House, the staff was incredibly accomodating. They treated my girlfriend and I like royalty and went the extra mile to take care of our needs. They set up a cheap tour for us and even allowed us to take a shower in a room AFTER we checked out (because we spent all day Sunday on the tour)!!

I seriously recommend this to anyone who wants to experience Patong and the entire area without having to stay near the main strip.

The room was top notch and the room service was cheap and good. The hotel was finished in 2012, so everything is new and fresh, very comfortable beds as well.

All-in-all, if you are looking for a nice place to stay on a budget, there is no way you can do better than the Artist House. I hope to go back again soon!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so try to book a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor to ease the burn.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timothy R
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I came back home after 3 nights at this excellent hotel fully contented and with a wish to go back. The staff are friendly and service minded and they succeeded in making the stay absolutely memorable. The hotel is new, clean, fresh with a modern design in 5 floors with two rooms in each level and no lift.
The location in a side street with no traffic, approximately 1 km from the beach and 1, 7 km to the walking street Bangla road. The hotel have their own scooters for rental to a very reasonable cost. 30 min driving to both north and south reveals some very nice beaches to be during daytime while spending the evening in town makes this hotel location absolutely central. We will choose this hotel next time in Phuket.

Room Tip: No lift so ask for 2nd and 3rd floor if you have a bad condition.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

A new hotel. So the room were sparkling clean. But I would doubt the conditions after few months based on the quality of fittings used. The best part is the warm and friendly receptionist/staffs in the hotel. We were right about choosing this hotel. A memorable stay. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'm glad I took my friends advise n book this hotel online.1st impression was the hotel look kind of too small.But trust me,the room was spacious enough,super clean,the location is near with 7E,family mart,etc.The most satisfying experience was the helpful&friendly staffs who help me out with the baggage,location& almost everything.They even offer to bring some medicines for my bf who got jet lagged.
I'm definitely coming back again & gonna spread my words to my family&friends!:)

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Sheeradean
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Discovered this hotel online. We took a van from hat yai to patong not knowing the exact location of the hotel. But the staff was friendly enough to guide our driver and we were greeted by the staff upon arival even though we arrived quite late than expected. Hungrly we went tk the nearest 7e to buy some snacks and when we got back to the hotel, they already took our heavy bags to the room.
The room was amazing. With the price paid, it was beyond our expectation.
Stayed there for 5 days, and each day the staff never failed to greet and have friendly conversation with us. They served us drinks when we sat outside having some chit chat wit other travellers. They also help call the tour agent to ensure that they didnt miss us.
I couldnt explain in words how satisfied and happy i am with their service. It was simply an amazing experience. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013