“Great little place”

Ranked #7 of 563 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are pleased to announce that, on the 2nd October 2016, we opened a second 'Halfway Inn' in the grounds of The Hill Resort, Patong, which is 400 metres past Simon Cabaret on the left hand side of the road heading South towards Karon, directly opposite PS Hill Resort. To avoid confusion the new place is known as 'Halfway Inn - The Hill Resort' on Facebook and the old place is known as 'Halfway Inn Bar, Patong'. The indoor covered restaurant has a very traditional Thai theme with 10 individual 6 seater salas (bamboo huts) for 60 diners, 12 standard tables providing seating for 48 customers, and a central 'Bamboo Bar' with stools for around 20 punters. There is also a large sports bar area with 2 pool tables, 2 large screen TV's, a 2 metre wide projector screen and enough space for a 5 piece live band. Outside there are a further 3 salas with seating for 18 customers and what will be a covered BBQ sala. There is spacious off-road parking for up to 4 cars (or minibuses) and 30 motorbikes and easy access North (towards Phuket Town and Kamala) or South (towards Karon, Kata, Chalong and Rawai). There is also an access ramp for disabled customers at The Hill Resort reception steps (although, admittedly, it needs some improvement). Customers, old and new, will welcome the fact that we have paid attention to the few negative reviews we have received on TripAdvisor (and constructive criticism from our regulars). There is now much more space between different dining groups, excellent washroom facilities, and (optional) segregation between the restaurant and sports bar areas (in one half you can enjoy watching live sports while dining and listening to the music whereas the other area is a bit more private). There are also comfortable rooms available at The Hill Resort, which is currently being renovated, bookings can be made online or in person. Bed and Breakfast prices are reasonable, the pool and rainforest surroundings are very pleasant, with a swim up bar, jacuzzi pool and kids pool. Some of the rooms on the upper levels have views over Patong Bay. Nan is enthused by the fact that can now create her mouth-watering dishes from a very large, modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances, the size of our existing restaurant / bar area in Soi Kepsap. We are both excited by the opportunities this new property offers and we trust that all our customers, old and new, will enjoy their visit here.
United States
“Great little place”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We picked Halfway based on previous reviews and were not disappointed. The atmosphere is really chill, food is fantastic and prices are excellent for Patong. Nice tvs are on the walls to watch sport and there is even a buffet area. The owner was so kind and even came to our table to have a conversation. Best place in all of Thailand in my opinion.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Alexandra Headland, Australia
“Great staff, excellent food and excellent value”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This place may not look like much from the outside, but the staff and owner Dave and his wife nan make u feel so welcome. Must try nan s food and a hand grenade while u are there. Special thanks to min, nan, ood(average pool player), Dave, joy and ent for making us four idiots feel like we had a home base during our stay.

Stavanger, Norway
“Fantastic bar, food and staff”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Me and my friend had booked 13 days in Patong, and came across this sligtly odd-looking bar just 40 meters from our hotel. I could write an essay about our time here, but to keep it short ; I've never in my 39 years been at a place with such fantastic atmosphere. The crew were fantastic, drinks were nice and cool, and the food was superb. We spent many hours here every day, eating, drinking and playing pool. For me, Halfway Inn is good enough reason to come back to Patong. Recommended strongly by a traveler with 16 years experience in running hotel and restaurants.

Pretoria, South Africa
“Friendly Restaurant / Pub where the family can visit together”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited Thailand in March 2014 for the 4th time and we felt that we knew all the places around. We walked pass the Halfway Inn and was invited in By Dave who was celebrating his birthday. I was very surprised but was up to a cold bear. Dave offered us to eat with them and this was all at no cost. This was too much for me to get something for free in Thailand is unheard of haha. So then the games started and all participated young and old. Nan was very friendly and always send the waiter girls to us just before our drinks was finished. I was told that there is once or twice a week when Dave treats his clients to these meals and then the games will start and all will be very happy. I must add that if I lived in Thailand then I would visit Dave and Nan every night after work for a few drinks. Well we plan to visit Phuket April 2015 and we will surely visit the Halfway Inn to en joy Dave and Nan's hospitality. Well done you guys you got a great place.

• Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best place to go in patong”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I was there for a week and Dave, Joy and Nan make me feel like a king they are so helpful you can't find a better place to go. If you need to know anything they will help. If my wife let me go there everyday I would have slept on the seats outside. All you need to do is buy some drinks and on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday nights there's a free BBQ . Love you guys and the staff are the best Peteski

1 Thank peteskiMelbourne