“The best food i've had in Thailand”

Halfway Inn (Restaurant)
Ranked #9 of 583 Restaurants in Patong
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Thai, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are pleased to announce that, on the 2nd October 2016, we opened a second 'Halfway Inn' in the grounds of The Hill Resort, Patong, which is 400 metres past Simon Cabaret on the left hand side of the road heading South towards Karon, directly opposite PS Hill Resort. To avoid confusion the new place is known as 'Halfway Inn - The Hill Resort' on Facebook and the old place is known as 'Halfway Inn Bar, Patong'. The indoor covered restaurant has a very traditional Thai theme with 10 individual 6 seater salas (bamboo huts) for 60 diners, 12 standard tables providing seating for 48 customers, and a central 'Bamboo Bar' with stools for around 20 punters. There is also a large sports bar area with 2 pool tables, 2 large screen TV's, a 2 metre wide projector screen and enough space for a 5 piece live band. Outside there are a further 3 salas with seating for 18 customers and what will be a covered BBQ sala. There is spacious off-road parking for up to 4 cars (or minibuses) and 30 motorbikes and easy access North (towards Phuket Town and Kamala) or South (towards Karon, Kata, Chalong and Rawai). There is also an access ramp for disabled customers at The Hill Resort reception steps (although, admittedly, it needs some improvement). Customers, old and new, will welcome the fact that we have paid attention to the few negative reviews we have received on TripAdvisor (and constructive criticism from our regulars). There is now much more space between different dining groups, excellent washroom facilities, and (optional) segregation between the restaurant and sports bar areas (in one half you can enjoy watching live sports while dining and listening to the music whereas the other area is a bit more private). There are also comfortable rooms available at The Hill Resort, which is currently being renovated, bookings can be made online or in person. Bed and Breakfast prices are reasonable, the pool and rainforest surroundings are very pleasant, with a swim up bar, jacuzzi pool and kids pool. Some of the rooms on the upper levels have views over Patong Bay. Nan is enthused by the fact that can now create her mouth-watering dishes from a very large, modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances, the size of our existing restaurant / bar area in Soi Kepsap. We are both excited by the opportunities this new property offers and we trust that all our customers, old and new, will enjoy their visit here.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I and my wife were in patong for oneday and since i had read about this restaurant on tripadvisor, i was hell bent on trying it. After searching for it for more than half an hour, we finally found it. Thank God it lives upto its reputation! We had Chicken in Cashewnut and Prawn & Broccoli of which the latter was the most beautiful food i had in Thailand. Dave and Nan, the owners are the most friendly hosts you'd see, with warm welcomes and goodbyes appearing to be the order. Simply put, a fantastic sports bar/home food combo that work really well.

There are newer reviews for Halfway Inn (Restaurant)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Dropped into the Halfway Inn for a light dinner. Food was fine. Service left a bit to be desired. Had to ask for a folk. Seating was restricted to bench seating or a couple of tables inside. The most annoying part of the experience was the loud rap music that was not to our taste.

1  Thank 5555lottie
Dave W, Owner at Halfway Inn (Restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Lottie

I am pleased that you enjoyed the food, thanks also for your comment regarding the loud Rap music because this is one type of music that I have instructed my staff NOT to play as I believe the lyrics to be disgusting and inflammatory.

Our 'DJ' (i.e. anyone who knows how to use a laptop) has been instructed to play music appropriate to the clientele, normally something like 80's classic rock.

The team have also been instructed to do a sound check on a regular basis to ensure that our customers can eat and talk in comfort and your comments were discussed at our weekly staff meeting.

hope to see you again soon and thanks again for your comment.

Dave

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stumbled upon this place back in May 2013 when I was in Phuket with a buddy. We met Dave and his wife Nan, and Nan made us the best Thai food I had in Thailand... incredible Tom Yam soup! Amazing curries. Great stir fry. Wow! And Dave was great telling us local secrets.. we hung out there at least a little while almost every day.

I came back to Phuket this trip in October and brought 3 friends to try Halfway Inn and we happened to be there during there insane promotion of free BBQ buffet...the buffet was actually pretty good and the sausages were great. That made it crowded but Nan ran out and gave me a big hug and still cooked up her great Thai Food for us.

It's such a surprise because it just looks like a small expat bar on an off street with an unassuming name, but the Thai food is AWESOME and I eat Thai food usually 2/3 meals per day when I am in Thailand and like to try many places... but I will always go back to Nan's cooking. You definitely don't want to miss this place!!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place has the best food I had in Patong and the welcome bar the staff is second to none. Dave and Nan will come and chat to you about anything and everything. The atmosphere is lively all day long and they have a BBQ every Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. Fantastic for the solo traveller.

Nan can also do cooking courses and I will be sure to come back to try.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Dave and Nan run one of the best places in Patong. Food is fantastic, lunch or dinner we did both. Staff are great and everyone is made welcome. Even me with my young teenage kids.
One warning, Don't challenge Ood at a game of pool, you'll do your dough.