WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central

Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Ranked #12 of 308 Hotels in Patong
Jakarta, Indonesia
“The best decision I've made during my Thailand trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Went to Bangkok, Pattaya & Phuket during my last trip to Thailand and can say staying here was the best decision I made during the whole trip.

DESIGN:
This hotel newly opened for a few months when I came. I love the sophisticated yet relaxed interior and exterior design. Many natural light spots around the area.

ROOM:
Spacious enough for an "express" version of Holiday Inn. Spotless with a fresh designed interior. There's a small chair and a table in the balcony overlooking the pool from my room. I stayed in Building 1 adjacent to hotel lobby.

SWIMMING POOL:
The first thing that caught my attention upon arrival. Very cool outdoor design. A bit crowded during the day so I opted for a night swimming session and I caught a little off-guard by the depth ... it's pretty shallow! Lol. Not enough space to swim for real, but it's enough for a relaxing time. Good access to an open-air shower and toilets as well.

BREAKFAST:
Make sure you make your booking with breakfast included. I really like the simplicity yet enough variety of the breakfast spread! Everything tastes fresh and good. I also like the "Grab & Go" concept that each table is provided with a paper basket to bring drinks and snacks. Thought it was meant for early risers who have to go in tour bus, but I used it to bring some to my room =p.

SERVICE:
The front desk staffs were efficient and all smiles. The housekeeping staffs always greet me everytime I pass them in corridor.

LOCATION:
Couldn't ask for a better one if you stay around Patong. Just mins of walk away from the beach. 15-20 mins of walk to Jungceylon.

FACILITY:
They provide self-service laundry. I didn't get to use it but plan to do so during my next stay.

It was love from the first sight for me and I'm returning back this December, in fact.

Room Tip: Try to get one in Building 1 - adjacent to hotel lobby so you don't have to walk a bit long to y...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DivaAbroad
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear “DivaAbroad”

What a beneficial and extensive review of our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

Thank you very much for taking the time of such a detailed review of our value for money offering in a great location of Patong. We look forward to have you with us again this month. Let me know when you are at the hotel, safe travel…

Dominic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
CEBU
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We arrived past 9pm. The hotel has an open lobby which makes it more eco-friendly as it surrounds itself with trees, plants and green . The front desk personnels can speak english and they were friendly. The room was very clean and spacious with direct access to the garden outside. The bed was awesome with 4 amazing pillows and a 32 flat screen tv. The comfort room was neat but no soap bar as they offer liquid soap in a dispenser. They have a huge cabinet, nice chair and a desk if you need to work on something urgent. Internet connection was stable but at times it's gone and speed is erratic. Waking up in the morning is very exciting as the hotel grounds open itself to an exhibition of greens. You can definitely do yoga outside or just chill while listening to the birds and stare at the blue sky. Breakfast buffet starts at 6am. The choice were enough with bread, fruits, yogurt, jams, spread, salad, rice, juice milk, coffee etc. My personal favorite is their coffee maker + the bread and spread. The breakfast table gets crowded between 730am to 830am so better grab those croissants early. I love the entire concept of the hotel which is SMART. On your way out the beach is just 2 minutes away. The mall is just 10 minutes walk. This is not a beach-front property but still it's perfect for us. The 2 pools were spectacular. We took a dip in the morning and it feels great. I'll definitely recommend this hotel to all travelers.

Room Tip: Reserve you sunset elephant ride for only 400THB one day in advance.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear “LOVEME2011”

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. A small oasis in busy Patong with different gardens the stone garden with the mega planter boxes and the green garden with the mini hills as well nice place at night time to watch the stars. The vertical garden gives a nice ambiance to the open and spacious lobby for a nice arrival experience.

We look forward to have you with us again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Steps away from the beach ! Breakfast is not great, coffee is terrible but location of the hotel makes up for it. nice breakfast spots are steps away..

Hotel offers beach towel & umbrella. Great Pool !

Room Tip: We stayed in block 4 which is distant from the street and peaceful .
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Verina Y
Dear “Verina Y”

We are really delighted you enjoyed our good locating in Patong away from the noise but close to everything and this for great value for money just 2 minutes to the beach. Please let us know when you next come to Patong and do not hesitate to contact me directly to help you with the arrangements.

Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed at this property in Nov'13 and was happy with the set up and the pool facility. Agree that once you enter the room you do get hit by the moist smell but you must open the balcony door to get rid of it in a while. Great free breakfast for non-veggies but not much to offer for vegetarians in the breakfast however you can do with the verity of cereals, salad, bread, muffins & fruits. They allow you to take the towels to the beach which is a real help indeed. The pool is clean and feels good. The staff is good. It is a no frills place but value for money. Also you could visit 7/11 for all your needs like milk, cheese, bread etc.( for vegetarians) which is just next door. Over all it was a good experience. Also the beach a 2 minutes walk from the hotel. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear “aditipg”

We are glad you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed your experience. With our Express Breakfast bar we offer for everyone something to have a great start of the day but not a able to cater for all desires. The grab & Go option is and additional bonus to take the coffee, Tea or hot chocolate with you when heading to the beach or going on a tour.

We look forward to have you with us again and please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

Have been staying here for 2 nights now and booked because of the good reviews on here, also thought as the hotel is quite new they would have high standards regarding service and cleanliness. However it has not lived up to the good reviews overall. Service is average but not bad. Compared to other hotels I've stayed in Thailand they don't seem to come across as personable and don't smile and give as much eye contact, other hotels the staff have greeted you with a "hello" and pleasant smile but hardly anyone does that here when passing by them etc. The room is not that clean compared to other hotels I've stayed in. I totally understand what a previous reviewer was saying when they said they found the room humid and unhealthy. In fact I'm guessing there is a lot of moisture in the air as there is quite alot of mould and possible rising damp in the bathroom. Also there is rust on the soap dispenser by the sink. There is a musty, mouldy smell that hits you upon entering the room, guessing this may be the whole block, and my glasses get steamed up overnight when left on the side table while in their case all suggesting there isn't something right in the air regarding moisture. On our first night we had late check in and the room was very disappointing upon entering. There were finger marks on mirror, marks on the table, mould in certain parts of the bathroom, rust on the soap dispenser, marks on the sink, some ripped wallpaper and that musty unpleasant smell that doesn't really go away. Also one of the lights above the bed doesnot work. This all does not give a good first impression and makes you think they do a half hearted job regarding cleanliness and checking their rooms before giving it to guests. I uses water and a tissue to remove most of one of the rust marks on the soap dispenser and it makes u think if they had just used a cleaning spray and scrubber it would be off within a minute. Same for the mould, a bit of ant-mould spray from time to time wouldn't hurt. I was surprised by the condition of the room consudering it was about a tear old. Tbh though we were so tired and hungry from a long flight not getting much sleep and getting stuck in traffic that we couldn't be bothered to complain and just wanted to unpack, shower and grab something to eat, we also didn't have much confidence (mainly from the check in experience-not very personable or welcoming) that we would really get a better room at short notice and promptly at tgat and didn't want to haul our luggage to another part of the complex as it had already been tiring to haul it to our room in the first place as we were shattered. Once we unpacked we settled into the room and just got used to it, don't mind it too much now. The breakfast is very basic and ok as its included but would have been a travesty if you would have to pay extra for it! The only area where we have been really happy is the comfort of the bed and cushions, one of the best we have experienced in any hotel. Please see the pics I've uploaded. Personally I wouldn't stay here again and in hindsight should have tried one of the others on my short list for approx. the same price.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear “Rax77”

I am disappointed and surprised that you have not contacted us directly at the hotel. Our team is looking after great service and I apologies for the experience you had but would recommend that if something is wrong with the service to let us know directly. It should never happen in the first place and surprised with all the elements you list that you have not talked to us directly.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Managed to secure 2 nights at this hotel under IHG points break promotion - 5000 points per night.

It's located near the Northern part of Patong. Easily reached from Phuket airport via 180 baht shuttle (use this if u wanna save some money on transport, taxis are 550 baht min i heard from airport to Patong). Short 10-15 min walk to Soi Bangla, where most of the night action is. Lots to see and do at the shops along the way to Soi Bangla.

As a Platinum IHG member, managed to secure early checkin (around 11am), late checkout (4pm) and room upgrade - stayed at 6303, overlooking the pool. Room was nicely furnished. Tiled floor which is good cause guests might be dripping water and sand from the swimming pool and beach.

This hotel is brand new, only about a year old i heard. The whole design has a very stylish, modern vibe to it. Being a Holiday Inn Express, they do they to do away with some frills, such as bell boys (you are offered airport-type trolleys to push ur luggages to the room, which is a brilliant concept). They also don't offer tiny bottles of shampoo and body wash. There's a big dispenser right next to the shower dispensing a liquid that can be used as both shampoo and body wash. Bring ur own if that doesn't appeal to you.

Pool towels are on loan from the front desk, which u can bring to the beach or use at the pool.

The breakfast buffet is not huge. But you can't really complain. The standard fare is there. For the two days i was there, there's porridge, fried rice, sausages, eggs, bread (white and wholemeal), selection of danishes/muffins/croissants, cereal with milk or soy, orange/apple/guava juice, coffee from a huge machine, and selection of tropical fruits (banana, watermelon, honeydew, pineapple). You can have a really good breakfast! And they also allow you to pack up some food to take to the beach or pool, even providing tiny carriers to put ur coffee cups and muffins. How's that for flexibility!

There's some minor pest problems, like ants at the coffee machine in the room, and mosquitoes. But that comes with the territory of a tropical country. After some feedback, the manager promised to tackle the ant problem. Mosquitoes, that's a bit hard. Use ur tracking skills to kill them haha.

Even though the hotel is new, they do have maintenance work ongoing. Drilling noises can be heard in the afternoons. I guess most of the guests will be at the beach at that time, but do take note if u wanna catch a nap. Perhaps have it at the pool area. The running water sounds from the water features do a good job to drown out the noises.

Will stay at this hotel again if i come back to Patong :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank emilia c
Dear “emilia c”

We are really delighted you enjoyed your stay and enjoy the short availability of the points break program making the most from your loyalty point’s form our IHG Rewards Club program. Thank you for your spending time to make an extensive review of our hotel features and describing the room and offerings.

Our hotel concept is as you describe no frills for the adventurous and independent traveler. We offer everything you need and nothing you don’t.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

My partner & I stayed at this hotel for 3nights. Found no probs with the hotel, rooms or staff. Super fast wifi. Great rooms with comfortable bed and excellent choice of pillows. Bathroom was clean and especially loved the washing line in the shower. Breakfast had a great variety.
Staff were pleasant and very helpful. Taxi driver we had was nice, he took us to the big souvenier store then to the cashew nut farm. Even the guards were friendly.
2min walk to the beach, 10min to Bangla Road, 15min to Junceylon, 30sec walk to 7/11.

Will def stay at Holiday Inn Express if we're ever in Phuket again

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Emily T
Dear “Emily T”

Thank you for recognizing us for what we really drive for as a new hotel. We have a great location in Patong and aren’t our beds just for heavenly dreams… Our Soft and Firm pillows are as well loved feature and adding to the well-deserved sleeping experience on your holiday.