“Enormous value for money spent”

Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Ranked #18 of 328 Hotels in Patong
Plymouth, Michigan
“Enormous value for money spent”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I'm giving the Holiday Inn Express in Phuket 5 stars not because it's a 5 star hotel but whether because the substational value this hotel offers for minimum cost. I stayed here for two weeks at a rate of 59.00 USD a night booked through Expedia. For 59.00 USD a night, booking this hotel made perfect sense. Free high speed internet and free breakfast in the morning really made this a bargain. The breakfast was actually very good and consisted of eggs, sausages, fish, rice, fresh fruit, cereals, breads, yougarts, juices, milk and of course coffee. Some days it was scrambled eggs, others were mini omelets and fried eggs. They mix up their breakfast selection every day just to keep things different.

The room itself was larger than expected also -- it contained a nice balcony, super large shower and a small desk, chair and lounge seat. The hotel is literally a 2 minute walk from the beach and about a 10 minute walk from the action on Bangla Rd. The hotel also did not seem to mind when bringing a guest back to the room -- as some hotels will try and charge an additional fee for this. Also, the pool is amazing. There are more than enough lounge chairs and even lounge beds by the pool where you can lay out and tan without being shoulder to shoulder with a stranger.

No review would be complete or factual without hotel flaws, and while there were only a few I feel compelled to list them. The hotels business center is actually just two computers set up in the lobby. No printer, no scanner, no fax. There was one day where I desperately needed a computer and scanner for work. Luckily, there is another Holiday Inn Resort about a 25 minute walk down Beach road -- I showed them my Holiday Inn Express room key and explained my situation and they welcomed me right into their hotel to use their Business Center which contained scanning machines. Also, the room service on certain days was less than desired. I'm from the U.S. and tipping is part of our culture. When I leave a tip for room service I expect that room service will pay attention to every detail -- unfortunately there were days that I tipped and my tissue box remained empty and my drinking glasses were not replaced with clean glasses. Also, I left a small cleaning sponge out on the balcony and when I returned later in the day it was gone. But this was not an everyday occurrence, in fact the last half of my stay the house cleaner was very good. I stayed in room 3301 (If I remember correctly) and I know that there were different house keepers on different days -- I found that when the Thai male cleaned my room as opposed to the females my room was cleaned better. By the way, the rest of the hotel staff were all great and very professional.

All in all though this was still a Five Star review -- I will defentley be staying here again on my next trip to Phuket.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ToddAlexCameron
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear “ToddAlexCameron”

Thank you for your great and extensive review of our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. I am glad you fully enjoyed our Holiday Inn Express Brand and made the most out of our facilities.

You touch base on all the great points of our hotel. From nice design and size of the rooms where you feel comfortable like at home. The great location within Patong. Value for money with great service delivery from the team. Free Express breakfast Bar and the “Grab & Go” concept for the ones in the rush in the morning or taking it on the bus when they get picked up for a day tour.

It is a shame we have not fully delivered on the cleaning of the room and for the business center please approach the front desk team the next time when you stay with us. I am glad the Holiday Inn Resort team was helping you out.

Please keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to our hotel as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements. For future reference, if you book directly on our hotel website we have a best price guarantee too.

Dominic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
KUWAIT
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Very Very clean , New , Modern , Open lobby , free breakfast , Free high speed wifi and friendly staff .
Good and safe motorcycle and car parking , 15 minutes walking to bangla road .
I like this hotel and I will stay in it next time .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear “Q8i13”

Greetings from Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and thank you for your review. You are our review no. 200, we have received on TripAdvisor within our first 9 month of opening the hotel.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review and highlighting our great points of the friendly team, our great value for money with free Express Breakfast Bar and free WiFi in a new, modern and very clean hotel.

We look forward to have you with us again in the near future.

Singapore
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Pros:
- Nice cheery open lobby - a picture of relaxation amidst the hustle and bustle of the area
- Friendly service on check-in, and check-out
- Great location - just 10 mins' walk to Bangla
- Nice, modern rooms; nice bathroom too
- Very good value for $$$

Cons:
- Breakfast was very basic, but we werent expecting much anyway

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank llhleon
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear “Ilhleon”

Holiday Inn Express stands for great value for money in a fantastic location. Thank you for your list of the positive points why you should select our hotel for a relaxed break and recognizing us for those attributes

We look forward to have you with us soon and will be more than happy to be of assistance to you for your future booking.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Upon arrival you are greeted in beautiful settings, almost like a jungle, with a relaxing and quick check in process. The Pool area, in full view from reception has something of a wow factor and the whole ambience makes you feel extremely relaxed.

The rooms are top quality, great décor, no damp smell, very clean and tidy indeed. My room over-looking the pool with a small balcony, perfect for my needs.

The staff also over-looked the fact that I snuck a western guest back to stay with me for two nights which I thought was a nice touch as many hotels would kick up a stink about this. Perfectly located within thirty seconds walk from the beach and shops and ten minutes from the main strip.

I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone travelling to Phuket for a Holiday, whether that be on honeymoon on a singles jolly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sebba C
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear “Sebba C”

Appreciate your time to write such a fantastic review for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and glad you enjoyed our welcome experience with the vertical garden, airy lobby and nice setting with the pool in the center of the hotel. Our location makes it very convenient to explore what Patong has to offer and glad you enjoyed your trip.

Let us know the next time you make your way to Patong and we look forward to have you with us again in the near future.

DELHI
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stay here with my family on 30th Aug to 2nd Sep 2013 for 3 N. Our stay was very good and very comfortable. We stayed in room no. 2308 on second floor with balcony of pool facing. everything was of good quality and up to the mark. Towel was of good quality, Four different type of pillows were provided.Bathroom was good with glass door revolving type. Room was very clean and housekeeping was very good. Good AC control facility was in room .Hotel exterior is very antique, lobby was very good , neat and clean, Plus point is that this hotel is nearest to Patong Beach just cross the main road. 7/11 store is also near to purchase any daily routine purchase. Breakfast was excellent and enough for vegetarians, good veg salad and good quality fruit, good bakery items were served. On rainy day umbrella will be provided after make an entry in register at front desk. Overall our stay was very good and memorable. Special thanks to staff and Manger mr. Dominic.

Room Tip: Balcony with pool facing.
4 Thank VIBHUTIDelhi
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear “VIBHUTIDelhi”

It was great to have you and your family with us at the Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. Thank you for your visit and taking the time to leave a great review for our hotel.

Our key focus is on great team delivery and offering value for money in a great location. This enables everyone to save money with us and spend it elsewhere. Great offers for tours, multiple choices for dinning, massages and shopping experience are all available in Patong. I am glad you absolutely enjoyed our services and offering with all the features you highlight.

Very much appreciate as well your mention for the great service delivery from our team which I will share with them in the monthly meeting.

Let me know the next time you make your way to Patong and we look forward to have you with us again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel is awesome! its close to the beach yet its quiet and away from the noise Breakfast was very nice.Within 10 minutes walk from the hotel are plenty of restaurants and various shops.. Dominic, General Manager of the hotel was fantastic! and so was the rest of his staff. The rooms were clean,the beds are very comfortable with different choice of pillows should you like hard or soft! nice patio doors with table and chairs outside.. the swimming pool was lovely and peaceful.. Only thing I think the hotel should look into doing would be insect/mosquito door screens so you can have the door open without them flying in the room...
Its easy to book trips to other islands from the arrival area at phuket airport too and they will pick up from the hotel and back again, Also there is a tourist desk in the hotel, if you do not get the chance to do this.. don't bother booking this further in advance.. book it when you get there. But ultimately when booking trips.. NEGOTIATE! anyways this was an amazing end to my 5 weeks in South East Asia :D Dominic, thank you! a pleasure to of met you in march.. Me and my friends will be back in the future! A hotel I shall never forget and for all the right reasons!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room on 1st floor if you want nice view without so many mosquitos
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear “Ram0798”

Can’t believe how quick the time flies! It was great having you and your friends with us and thank you for your great review.

You touch base on all the great points of our hotel. From nice design where you feel comfortable and the lovely pool, the great location within Patong and the beach just across the road, value for money with great service delivery from the team, Express Breakfast Bar with the “Grab & Go” concept for the ones in the rush or take a coffee, muffin and fruit to the bus when they get picked up for a day tour.

Great tip as well with the negotiation - due to high and low season there is very often space to get a better deal with the tour operators when in Patong comparing to booking in advance.

It is soon time for your next travel experience and if you make it to this part of the world again let me know.

England
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel last weekend during my visit to Phuket. We arrived at the hotel at 9am, and we were quite impressed that the hotel staffs allowed us to check in early (our check in time was 2pm). The size of the rooms is ok for 2. Very basic room with all essentials. I love the decorations of the room as it's very modern and comfy. It's good that they provide 2 types of pillow (soft and firm). The most important to me is the rooms is very clean. Breakfast was good, and it's a plus point that they allow guests to do take away if you are in a rush and unable to have breakfast in the restaurant. I like the fact that they prepared take away cups for the guest to do coffee take away.

The hotel is close to the Patong beach and shops in Patong. The 7-11 convenient store is just right outside the hotel, so it's very convenient. There is a massage shop outside hotel, the service is pretty good.

The only negative point is the pool is a little too small. As I went during low season, I can't imagine how crowded it will be during high season!

4 Thank zynn
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear “zynn”

We are a hotel for today’s guest like you. Adventurous and independent traveler, if we have rooms available we allow early check-in at no extra charge. Phuket is a 24 hours place where airplanes land all around the clock and if we have rooms availabe there is nothing to stop us to let guests check-in early to make your experience as comfortable as possible at the hotel to be ready to enjoy Phuket.

With all the guest “out and about” exploring the island there are not many people at the hotel and this was the same in the high season. Plus during the high season there are a lot of our guest just wondering down to the beach. We are not a resort hotel where people stay all day around the pool and expect a swim-up bar.

Our Grab & Go concept at breakfast is really taking a momentum where we get a lot if mentions for this great add-on. Many of our guests are going on tours and if they had a late night they just enjoy taking the breakfast on the run and having it in the bus till they are dropped off to start the adventures.

Please let us know when you are making your way back to Patong.

Stay Smart with us