“Perfect location for tourist in Patong”

Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Ranked #22 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in May 2013. Travelling with my wife so looking for a comfortable, clean hotel that has the usual amenities, as well as close enough to the main attractions in Patong and easily accesible.

Holiday Inn Express is located a little bit away from the nightlife of the infamous Bangla Road. However it is still walking distance - over the 4 days we stayed in Patong, we went to Bangla Road or further almost every day, and it is only a 5 minute stroll. This is a good distance that you are away from the noise and traffic, however still close enough that you can get to everything without needing a tuk tuk.

The resort itself is fantastic for the price. We stayed in a standard room, on the 4th floor overlooking the pool. Room is very clean and has it's own balcony overlooking the pool, and the mountains that surround Patong. Also handy for drying clothes out.

The bathroom is modern, with a large shower. Only a single sink (no his and hers), but plenty of ledge space for cosmetics. One thing to keep in mind is that the door to the shower, is also the door to the bathroom itself - it swings completely out to close the bathroom from the rest of the room.

Bed was a kingsize and very comfortable. The AC is a must in a climate like Thailand's (especially in monsoon season, when we went) and there were no complaints with how it ran. There is a large flatscreen tv, his and her robes and slippers, and a safe for valuables.

There is no restaurant at this Holiday Inn, however this is not a concern at all, as just a few minutes walk will bring you to Ratuthit Songroipi Road, which had plenty of restaurants and cafes to eat at. There is a buffet breakfast on site, which isn't expansive, however does have several choices, including cereals, several breads, eggs, sausages, baked beans as well as fresh fruits and juices.

There is a 24 hr gym on site which has a couple of treadmills, a cycle and some free weights. There is the main pool and a kiddie pool adjacent. There is also a reading room, which is an airconditioned room for relaxing.

Front desk service is very helpful; whether checking in late at night, asking for directions or recommendations for dinner options. When I asked about seeing a show on Bangla Road and how to go about booking it, one of the hotel staff actually walked me all the way down to Bangla Road! That's top service.

Overall, would definitely stay here again if travelling with my wife - it is more suited towards couples and families, as it is in a quieter part of town.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the pool - the views from the outside of the hotel buildings is nothing sp...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shats86
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear “Shats86”

Wow, thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive and great review for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. I am glad you and your wife enjoyed our Holiday Inn Express Brand and made the most out of our facilities and our great location in Patong.

Plenty of restaurants of all choices and tastes very close by and as you highlight close to everything but far enough from the noise. You mentioned the great value for money which is one of the key items for our hotel. We do not offer all the services such a restaurant for dinner, luggage delivery to the room but all those savings are translating into a fair price and very good value for money just across the beach.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you make another trip to Thailand.

Dominic

Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central is new and clean. The lobby is huge, bright and airy. The Hotel's check-in Staff, Sontaya, was very courteous. When we arrived at 10am, he mentioned that the actual check-in time is 3pm, but he took his initiative to help us check whether the previous occupant had left and the room was cleaned. Indeed it was vacant then and we were given the much needed early check-in.

I was allocated a room on the 4th floor (highest floor) facing the swimming pool. When I entered the room, I found it well-appointed. Everything in it was new, clean, bright, and cosy. I love my balcony which overlooked the swimming pool!

The amenities in my room included a TV with multiple cable channels, a safe deposit box, a large shower but no bathtub, free WiFi, a nice couch, a round dining table, a nice balcony with a small rattan table, a rattan arm chair, and a clothes hanging bar which we found it very useful in hanging our soiled clothes and wet swim wear.

There are 2 swimming pools here, one for adults and the other for kids. The jacuzzi is situated with the kids' pool. The breakfast room was huge, new, clean, and bright. We loved the food and beverages there! The Hotel has a very large and cosy air-conditioned reading room. There is a huge TV inside. My family and I went there late one night and we tuned up the TV volume, tuned down the lights, and it was like watching a show in a mini theatre! There is also a very small air-conditioned gym consisting of 2 threadmills, and 2 rows of dumbbells.

The location of the Hotel is at the north end of Patong Beach. It takes about 1 minute by foot from the Hotel to the beach, about 10-15 minutes by foot from the Hotel to the popular Soi Bangla nightspot, and about 15-20 minutes by foot from the Hotel to the beautiful Jungceylon shopping mall, where we stocked up our soft drinks and chips from the Big C Extra supermarket there. There are coffee shops near to the beach but these tended to be more expensive and the waiters there tended to tout aggressively for our business. By walking perpendicularly away from the beach, there are many coffee shops along Ratuthit Songroipi which offered cheaper food.

I must mention Hotel Staff Sontaya again. When I accidentally cut my finger, I went to the counter to ask for a plaster. Sontaya went into a back room and emerged with 2 plasters, and out of his initiative, he also handed me a gauze and he told me "Sodium Chloride". I was very impressed!

Upon my last day, as I was walking towards my taxi, a Hotel Staff came up to me, smiled, and addressed me by "Mr (surname)". I was so impressed! He carried on to thank me for my loyalty. I guessed that it was either because I had stayed for 4 nights and/or I am a member of Holiday Inn IHG® Rewards Club Member.

I love this Hotel very much! In short, this is a hotel that is new, clean, comfortable, bright, cosy, has courteous staff, and definitely value for money.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Actuarial_Math

Dear “Actuarial_Math”

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive and great review for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. I am glad you enjoyed our Holiday Inn Express Brand and made the most out of our facilities.

Holiday Inn Express is a young Brand for South East Asia and we will have further growth with the next property opening in Singapore on the 22nd July. Thank you very much to attach some great picture of the ambiance of our hotel. The pool shot is absolutely stunning.

Thank you for recognizing Khun Sontaya as an excellent team member. I will pass on your comment in our Team meeting and nominate him for his service excellence.

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to our hotel as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

help-your-self breakfast- simple but good enough. 15 min. walk to the Patong central. dont relay on Morning Call (maybe staff dont clear understand Emglish) I ordered 2 times morning calls and they never called- I missed Phuket Maraphon. And dont stay in building Nu.1- its facing busy road- too noisy (buildings 3-4-5 are the best)

Room Tip: Not in Building 1- its facing busy road- too noisy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sveta s
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear “sveta s”

Thank you for your feedback and I would like to apologies that the wake-up call has not been executed. To minimize any language barriers with our international guest and our local team we have in all of our guest rooms radio alarm clocks with iPod docking stations and guest room telephones with automated wake-up call function for ease of use but never the less there is no excuses that the team has not followed through.

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Express brand is designed - according to the GM of the hotel who, along with the rest of his staff, was very friendly - for people who do not require a full resort. The restaurant only serves breakfast and offers a take-away option for people who need to eat on the move and the hotel is centrally located for those who want to get right into the action. It is maybe a two-minute walk to Patong Beach. The rooms are fantastic and extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: If you want to sit out on the balcony, don't choose a ground floor room. For reasons best known...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear “Chindit76”

Thank you for your great comments and it was a pleasure to meet you.

The Holiday Inn Express brand is for the adventures and independent traveler who likes a great room but do not wonna stay in the hotel the whole day. To relax in our hotel after a busy day we have the balcony in every room except the ground floor which has a terrace and our pool to refresh before going out again.

To start the day we serve the Express breakfast bar with the Grab & Go concept. If you go on a tour early in the morning you can take the take away option to have it on the tour bus. During the day we have the lobby bar for a drink and snack and the beverage vending and ice machine available for our guests.

Many guests do not want to eat in a hotel restaurant anymore. As we have such a great location just 2 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from multiple restaurants you do not have to go far to find something for everyone’s taste.

We look forward to have back with us on your future visits

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed for 4 nights from 16 June 13. What a great stay and hotel of it brand.

My family and I used all the facilities in the hotel. Both pools, gym and laundry.

The pools are great, we swim and enjoy the sun everyday for our stay. Only the water in the big pool is a bit cloudy.

The gym is great too, it has TV, towel and even water for us after our exercise.

We did laundry in the hotel for our last day. It cost 100 bat for washing and 100 bat for drying. Is value for money too.

The breakfast is efficient. We like the concept of the breakfast for HIE. Just take what you want, can even take away. Only a bit boring because everyday we serve the same breakfast. Maybe management could change the dish like fry rice to noodle, Mee Hoon...., sauage to bacon and ham ... I think the yogurt the hotel should provide small individual pack instead of 2 big bowls. Overall I like the breakfast, especially the chicken porridge. Seem like the breakfast is all the same for HIE group. Because I stayed in HIE Bangkok last year their breakfast is the same.

The wifi is good and very fast. Just to take note the wifi can only login to 4 dives. The front desk is very helpful to provide me temporally wifi connection for 1 hr for my fifth dive.

The room is great spacious and clean and air con is power and strong. We spend most of our time in the room also. But the TV programs are limited. No cartoon channel as my kid can watch any of the program. Another thing that I'm disappointed was the water from my room is very cloudy and I don't think is safe to drink after boil. So we bought 2 big bottles of drinking water from Big C. Try to feedback to the front desk but no action was taken. Our room is 2405. Despite of the cloudy water we like our room location, it facing the pool and right above the main block.

We were lucky to book under Thailand All Smiles promotion and the hotel agree to let us check out at 4 pm and we were very appreciated as our flight is 10 pm.

Overall the stay in HIE Patong is a great experience and will recommend to ally friends.

Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear “Frank_9679”

Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive and great review for our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. I am glad you and your family enjoyed our Holiday Inn Express Brand and made the most out of our facilities.

Holiday Inn Express is a young Brand for South East Asia and we will have further growth with the next property opening in Singapore in July. We have a consistent offering through our hotels and the Express Breakfast Bar as you experienced is very similar in our hotels. I am working with the chef to get more variety introduced and at the same time ensuring to keep the consistency. We have already made some changes with the salad bar and are trialing now with the hot dishes.

The engineering team is looking into the water cloudiness you mentioned in your room. We are very fortunate we have built a pipe for our water coming from a dam in the hills instead of using trucks to deliver water on a daily base as the town water supply is not able to deliver the capacity required.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night, but trully enjoyed it. The rooms were spacious, had a very comfortable bed with soft and firm pillows, a very spacious shower cabin. Nice big TV screen in the room with good selection of channels.

The free Wifi could be better, as it was unstable during our stay. Breakfast could also be improved, as the rice and noodle dishes were not up to expectations and fruit was not very fresh.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear “KevinKLNL”

Thank you very much for your valuable review of our hotel’s offering.

We apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay with the WiFi connection. With the weather we had many power outages in Patong which affected our system and we are working with our internet supplier to have the signal strength increased.

We hope to welcome you back again in your next visit to Phuket

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Was here for four days and I can't complain. The room was spacious, bed was nice and comfortable (with both firm and soft pillows provided), great pool and nestle in the corner of Patong street where you can conveniently walk to the heart of activities and yet escape the bustle. Breakfast is no frills and they market themselves otherwise either. Housekeeping was a little slow and we had to call to get fresh towels which got to us within twenty minutes but the ladies made it up with their chats and smiles. Value for money and doesn't leave your wallet feeling sore after the vacation. Will be back here!

• Stayed: June 2013
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear “beachboi2012”

Thank you for your great review and enjoying your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central. Our slogan is: “save money with us and spend elsewhere” and that’s exactly what you describe. Not leaving a hole in the wallet but you have everything you need. With our great location you are in walking distance to the beach restaurants and shopping. I love our soft and firm pillows choice for a comfortable sleep experience available on every bed for sweet dreams…. Apologies about the delay with the towels and I am grateful the team made up with communication and the smiles.

I look forward to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future