“Lovely impressive environmentally-friendly hotel!”

Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Ranked #18 of 322 Hotels in Patong
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Lovely impressive environmentally-friendly hotel!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I'm really impressed by this hotel! Love my entire stay here for 3 nights. It's affordable, modern, clean, spacious, in perfect location, very peaceful, staffs were very friendly and professional, and bestest of all....it's an evironmentally-friendly hotel! It's impressive how the hotel really makes the extra efforts to do its parts in helping to save this world.

For ex: All the shower amenities (soap, shampoo, shower cap, cotton buds etc) are not provided in the rooms, BUT if you do need one, you can request it and the hotel would gladly provide it. They also encourage the guests to hang the towels that they wish to keep using, on the rail. And towels that need to be cleaned/changed can be left on the floor. This way it saves the water usage. I totally agree with this and think this is fair. Even the aircon is automatically monitored and controlled.

We arrived at around 6pm. Check in process was fast and the front counter staff were all very friendly. Bear in mind though, there is no porter to help you with luggages. Since this is Holiday Inn EXPRESS (the sister's hotel of the actual 5 star Holiday Inn hotel) so you're paying lower prices for their rooms. The hotel's lobby was nice and cosy. There's a lil shop near the front counter that sells some fancy clothes and accessories. There's also a lil counter where you can book tours/activities and taxis. The security guard was also polite.

Our room has very smart designs. We love it! The bathroom's door is also the shower's door...double function! And if you really pay attention, there's even clothesline INSIDE the shower! It's super smart! The placement of the clothesline was just right that it didn't block your way or would get wet when you're showering. Just pull from one wall across to the other wall and VOILÀ! And when you're done, just pull it back in.

The room was clean, smelled so nice (it's a new hotel) and the space was adequate. There's coffee/tea making facilities, tv with good channels, internet was fast and free. The toilet and shower were in perfect conditions. I notice that the bathrooms' fittings are all from top brand that are made in France (can't remember its name...). The water flows were good with plenty of hot water. The bed was very comfortable and we slept like baby. They provide 2 choices of pillows: firm and soft. So its up to you which one you want to use. Our balcony was facing the pool. It's really nice to sit outside during dusk, but there's only one chair. So I hope the hotel will consider of putting another chair???

Housekeeping was also professionally done.
The hotel's grounds are beautiful and clean. The swimming pool, I'm sure was nice but I didn't manage to have the time to swim :-( cause we were out all day everyday.

The breakfast was good enough. They've got fried rice, porridge, sausages, omelettes, toasts, pastries, cereals, juices, coffee, tea and fruits. Just right for a good start in the morning. The restaurant was clean and cosy.

I do want to point out something. It's not major or anything...On the 3rd day, we came back to hotel at around 4pm after our long daytrip at PhiPhi Island. We're so tired cos we woke up very early for this tour since it's a sunrise tour, so we were hoping to take a nap. However, there's a lift maintenance going on in the hotel in other section, but the drilling noises and ething were just right next to our room's wall. So we're quite annoyed a bit!

So I called up the reception to find out and they said the maintenance would finish at 5pm. The reception did apologize and offer if we wanted to change our room. We declined because there's no point of changing our room after spending 2 comfortable nights in that room. If we changed to a new room, we would have to get used to whole new thing and we didn't want to risk that. We already liked our room.
So in the end, we just slept anyway cos we're too tired that we didn't even notice the sound anymore after we dozed off. Thankfully the drilling was not continuous.

I suppose this is expected in any hotel because hotels do require maintenance, and I'm sure it's also very hard for the hotels to find the right time to do it without disturbing the guests. So we're quite understanding of this..as long as it doesn't happen at night time. And the staff did apologize to us and inform the maintenance guys about our annoyance. So we're quite happy.

So overall, we love this hotel! We would definitely recommend it to other people!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Poikime
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Poikime,

Thank you so much for your kind comments for Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and highlight and endorsement of our room quality, friendly staffs, professional housekeeping and environmentally-friendly hotel . We are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations.

It is unfortunate that you did experience a minor issue during your stay, and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of drilling noise. However I am happy that our team were responsive for this matter.

We look forward to welcome you back and stay smart with us for your next visit.

Dominic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Was at Holiday Inn Express Phuket from 12-16 Apr 2013.
Everything about the hotel was just right.

However, there are a couple of things that one should take note of:
1. As the dates were around Songkran period (Thailand New Year), the hotel area was extremely noisy until the wee hours of the morning and the noise permeated the room in large doses. This is largely due to its proximity to the beach which had set up a stage and the bands were wielding out relentless music(noises) as loud as it could get.
Needless to say, it was two sleepless nights. I asked the receptionist if i could get a quieter room and they said it is all the same and is true. The receptionist also said it will be ok on the 3rd night!!! Well, 3rd and 4th night was the same (noises from the beach band) as it was the Bike week....Did not get a good sleep at all for the four nights!!!
2. The shower flooring can be slippery. Slipped thrice...What i finally tried was to lay the cotton floor mat in the shower room and that prevented further slips.

Otherwise, the receptionists were very friendly and surrounding of the hotel was night. One also need not bring an adaptor as the rooms sockets do not require an adaptor. Very smart equipment for the coffee/tea making in the room. Very simple breakfast just to fill up the stomache. Distance to beach is very close but to the shopping mall Jungeceylon is quite a distance to walk. My 3rd morning i woke up to a cockroach crawling in the room and
IF not for the noise and not knowing when there will be noise/celebrations again, i will choose this hotel again. For now at least and likely future, because of the probability of noise, when i next go phuket, this will not be my choice as a holiday for me also mean catching up on my sleep...especially when the day is filled with activity.

Room Tip: 1. Remember to put the floor mat on the floow when showering. 2. Close the door to the balcony to p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank StevenTHKOH1968
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear StevenTHKOH1968,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

It is unfortunate that you did experience a couple of minor issues during your stay, and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of noise from local events at the beach. However I am happy that you have highlighted our great location, friendly staff and universal power plugs.

Please feel free to keep me as a point of contact when you are planning your next visit to Phuket as I would be more than happy to help you with your arrangements. Thank you again for your comments – I will of course share this feedback with my team.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I chose this hotel for its good ratings, however I find it slightly over-rated, at least for my case.
Firstly, when we check into our room, we saw that our room door was left ajar. The chambermaid's cart was outside so we were unsure if the room was actually done. But we went in nonetheless.

Secondly, the water drainage in the bathroom wasn't good. The bathroom almost started to flood after a shower. We called housekeeping who said they'll send someone to check but we waited for half an hour but no one came. We have to go out of the room to get the chambermaid who happened to be there to look at it. She then called for the handyman to come. And he took another half hour to fix the issue. That had delayed our planned activity for the day. We almost missed the sunset view cos of this. After we came back to the room, the drainage issue wasn't solved. we had to remove the drainage cover totally so that the water can flow.

Thirdly, the "Do Not Disturb/Make Room" card does not serve its purpose as it does not stay well at the door. On the 2nd day, we indicated to clean our room when we left early in the morning. However, our room wasn't cleaned after we came back around 5pm. We had to request the housekeeping staff next door to clean the room and we gotta go to the pool to kill our time, wondering how long they take.

Fourthly, the third day we indicated "Do not disturb" as we wished to sleep in late. However, the housekeeping staff came knocking on the door. After we went out, we requested not to clean the room, but it was cleaned instead.

The lobby toilet wasn't very clean either.

I was rather disappointed with the service. Though it is an "express" hotel, I expect a minimum service level to be maintained.

However, not all's bad. The hotel is located very near to the beach. However, I find the beach too crowded for relaxation. The hotel does have a nice cosy pool to laze around at if you wish to avoid the crowd.

There are many convenient stores and eateries nearby hence you can shop around in the day and have dinner easily if you do not wish to venture too far out.

There's a self-service laundry service and ironing boards, and vending machine room which I liked too.

Breakfast was standard but good thing is they offer takeaway for those on the go.

The security guard was definitely polite. He salutes to every guests that goes in and out of the hotel.

The bed was king size and was quite comfortable too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eaglyn
Dear Eaglyn,

Thank you for your recent stay and leaving us with your feedback. We are pleased you liked our location, swimming pool, self-service laundry room and Grab&Go breakfast.

We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry you were not fully satisfied with our housekeeping service and communication. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Haiyang, China
Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed staying at the HIE Patong -- it really is a gem of a hotel in crazy Patong. The location and amenities were great and so was the value. We were impressed. The hotel is located a block off the beach and we enjoyed being a couple blocks up from the craziness of Patong (you wouldn't know there is so much going on near the hotel, which was nice, but you could also easily walk to restaurants, bars, etc., which we also liked).

Highlights:
-breakfast was great. it was really nice waking up, heading down, and having a stocked breakfast available.
-towels for beach/pool were really nice and its rare getting them these days. wish i would've known, wouldn't packed our two towels.
-front desk staff and security guards were friendly and helpful. the staff seemed to keep their cool even with non-english speaking guests. i noticed the guards actually wrote down license plate #'s of the cars driving in. they also greeted us every time we left or returned.
-internet was fast and free. the two computers out front were nice to have to checkout google maps and look for restaurants.
-the rooms were simple, modern, and clean. very nice compared to other places ive been to in phuket.
-the volume control limit on the TV's was a nice touch and so were the refrigerators. but that didn't stop us from enjoying cappuccinos by the pool. well done by your staff.

General Comments:
-the green bean bags by the jacuzzi/kiddie pool probably aren't the ideal chairs. they seemed to get dirty very easily since the towels weren't big enough to cover them completely. replacing them with lounge chairs by the pool would be great in this location. i got the same impression by observing other guests.
-the pool was really nice as was the landscape surrounding it.
-balcony - although we didn't spend a lot of time on the balcony, a second chair would be nice to have be able to have drinks out there with someone else.

FYIs:
-there is a taxi stand across the street. the drivers are nice, including one by the name of Punk. We used their services twice and were happy with them.
-the little cafe right next to the hotel makes a mean banana milkshake.
-the massage place right next to the hotel is great--affordable, clean, and you get a great massage. We went their twice during our stay.
--this doesn't have anything to do with the hotel but worth mentioning -- we booked an elephant riding day trip for the morning with the activities desk by the entrance. It was located between kamala and patong beach (15min drive). The trip turned out to be very depressing after seeing how the animals were kept. we regretted it almost instantly when arriving after seeing a baby elephant with it's two front legs tied up with chains so that it couldn't walk around (only in a circle). the older elephants had obvious skin diseases on the ears and noses. To comply with their taker's demands, they were hit with rough farm instruments. simply, the animals were not looked looked after or taken care of. monkeys located at the site had only of 2 ft of slack on their collars. I understand this is outside of anything the hotel can address, but I would consider at least offering more animal-friendly (eco-friendlly?) tours.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a pool view and I don't think any have beach views, but it doesn't matter...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank woshoudebuhao
Dear Woshoudebuhao,

Thank you for taking time to write a great review for our newly opened Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you are highlighting our amazing location with walking distance to everything but away from the noise., friendly service, free internet and value. Also thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions on general points, I will definitely share with the team and ensure that our hotel provides quality products and services.

singapore
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I hv been to phuket for 3 times! Among all the hotels which i stayed b4 tis the best among all!! Stayed here for 4days 3 nite. It's reali relaxing. The staff was friendly, ESP the pregnant lady at the counter, she is always wearing a great smiles on her face, constantly showing cares to all the customers here. It's reali a gd Stay!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank snowger
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Snowger,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement of our newly opened Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and our friendly staffs. We are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcome you back to our hotel and stay smart with us for your next visit.

I will of course share your valued comments to the team, thank you so much once again.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am writing this review at the moment I am staying at this hotel.

When I arrived at this hotel (to visit Phuket Bike Week), I was a bit stunt that no porter came to help me with the luggage. It was raining and my wife and I (soaking wet) had to unload few bags from my bike (after riding about 400 km from Hat Yai), getting a trolley and put the bags on it. I guess I wasn't aware with the term express hotel, that it doesn't provide porters to help you.

The hotel itself has good amenities, with minimalist design. Location wise, it is near to the beach.

Now, about the room. It is clean and has good bed and pillows, which was what I really needed after a long trip.

Overall, I would say that this hotel is a nice place to stay within Patong Area. I will come again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Syahrizal,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and your time writing us a review. We are pleased you liked our hotel amenities, location which is only 3 minutes walk to Patong Beach, and our bedroom amenities. We are so sorry that we have no porters available at the hotel, however we do have luggage carts for guest convenience available at our lobby area.

Once again, thank you so much for your valued feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel soon.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed April 9, 2013

As mentioned by several reviews, this hotel is in a great location on a quiet street, not far from the center of the "action".

The rooms are new, bright, clean and roomy. I didn't mind the breakfast at all - certainly not gourmet, but a nice, free meal.

The pool is excellent and the staff was very friendly.

I would highly recommend this place, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RandyBOttawa_Ontario
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear RandyBOttawa_Ontario,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement of our convenience location, comfortable room and freindly staff. We are pleased that your stay has exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back to our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and stay smart with us for your next visit.

Thank you again for your very kind and positive comments – I will of course share this feedback with my team.