“Great Location for a bit of Quiet at Patong”

Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Ranked #20 of 329 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We checked in late and the staff were great with breakfast info for the next day etc. Our room was quiet and overlooked the pool. Air con was fabulous. Shower water pressure excellent. Breakfast was the same every day with a mostly boring (to me) Western flavour. Reasonable coffee which was good! The hotel does cater for large groups but we were fortunate that this seemed to almost stop after 2 nights here. The reduction in noise from other guests was amazing once the groups finished :-)
The street the hotel is on is reasonably quiet as it is one way only. Make sure you confirm with Tuk Tuk drivers where they will drop you as they will not take you to the door if away from the beach side as they need to go around the block for the one way. We learnt pretty quickly!
We were very happy with our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool if you plan to spend any time on the balconey
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MyTravel44
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear “MyTravel44”

Thank you for your great feedback of our accommodating and friendly hotel team and the highlighting the great room features with great AirCon, Water pressure for the massage shower head and being within a close location to the beach in a quiet spot of Patong.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is pretty new and the room is clean. Its located near to the beach and around 10-15mins walk to Bangla area. The staffs are quite friendly and helpful. Wifi works fine for us. The breakfast is decent and I like the fact that they allow take away for their coffee. Overall its a pleasant stay. Just that we caught a few mosquitoes in our room. Maybe hotel can offer some sort of mosquito repellents.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear “Geraldine H”

Thank you very much for your good feedback of our hotel and services we deliver. The “Grab & Go” concept at breakfast works really well if you get picked up early in the morning for a tour of if you just enjoy a late coffee afterwards. With the mosquitos we have fourtnighly sprays from a professional company to eliminate and prevent breading but at sunset time you find them everywhere in the tropics.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

It is awesome place to stay with its close proximity to Patong Beach, Bangla road and Jungceylon. This hotel is new and all the staff will make your stay a memorable one. The sorrounding area is quiet and you will really enjoy your every moment here

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Fazrulkhan

Dear”Fazrulkhan”

Thank you for your great feedback of our accommodating and friendly hotel team and its location close to the beach. Bangla road for entertainment & night life and JungCeylon for a fantastic shopping experience.

We look forward to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central and Stay Smart with us for your next visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel recently opened i guess.. u can still smell e 'new building smell' of cement & paint.. but nevertheless it was a great stay & superb value for money.. very clean & bright rooms.. comfortable bed which has 2 soft pillows & 2 firm pillows (indicated at e side of e pillow)... nicely decorated hotel.. good location, itz 5mins away from e beach & abt 10mins to bangla rd.. yet in a quiet street thats away from the party area.. breakfast has limited choices, but still gd enuf.. fast check-in & check-out.. polite staff who always greet you when you pass by... highly recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms at the pool side tend to get a little noisy at times... u might want to request for a quieter...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shamili W

Dear “Shamili W”

On the 21st March 2013 we are 3 months open! We are very excited to be a new addition to Patong and able to offer Great Value for Money in a fantastic location as you highlight. We get lots of great feedback on the soft and firm pillows for a comfortable sleep experience. Thank you as well for mentioning your great service experience with our team – I will of course share this feedback with my team.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel one week after it opened and found it to be very much like the other H.I. Express hotels in Asia I have come to know and like. The decor was appealing, the complimentary breakfast was good, but not exceptional, as in most H.I. Express hotels, and the staff was very professional. The main road where most everything available was only 100-200 meters away, and the beach road only 50 meters away. It is in what is now a somewhat quiet area, however I think they were building a night market bazaar next door so that may change. I was only there 2 nights, so not much time to enjoy the pool, but it looked nice. I intend to stay there again when I get back to Phuket / Patong.

Room Tip: Rooms facing East may be the best choice because of the night market bazaar being built on the West...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JACerv4

Dear “JACerv4”

Thank you very much for your great review and hopefully we can welcome you back soon on your travels that you are able to find some time to enjoy our pool too.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Positives:

- The Hotel, itself: Very new, neat & clean and smartly designed with nice & soothing interior. We loved it the moment we entered the room as it gave a very relaxing and homely feeling.

- The Staff: Very nice, courteous & helpful and always with a smiling attitude. Nicely trained. Being in management myself, if you see a good staff then do believe that a very effective management is working on top and the manager of this hotel is a very helpful and nice person and will help you always and even before you have checked in as he helped me on e-mail with a lot of information even before I arrived there.

My 2 Cents Overall:
Not sure how to summarize my review of this hotel but all I can say it was the best decision I made on my whole trip in Thailand. It is a very nice hotel and even though a lot of people may say the rooms are a bit small but it would be unfair to compare an express hotel with a resort type hotel. It is an excellent hotel for budget constrained people but you are not compromising much for a low cost and I rate it as a 4 star for the comfort it gave. Like any traveler, I was very confused over selecting a good hotel that is close to the beach and the main attractions on Patong beach and yet have a reasonable cost. There are tons of hotels on travel sites with good ratings that show attractive pictures but when you start to read reviews you get a different picture and trust me when a lot of people are saying the same negative thing regarding something in the hotel then do believe that there is a problem with that something. In case of Holiday Inn Express Patong beach a lot of reviews were saying the same good thing about their staff and the nice and new interior of the hotel rooms and the location of the hotel with respect to attractions and I found that to be very true. When in Thailand it is a blessing to have a hotel where staff can understand English well and are courteous and polite. My first room location was not so good and when I talked to the staff they happily changed it to a very nice top floor pool side view room. The pool of the hotel is very very nice and well maintained. The breakfast had limited choice but was pretty good and was adequate for a good jump start of the day and is included within the room rate. The WiFi in the room was excellent. If I were to go again to Patong I would definitely like to stay there again and I hope they will continue to maintain that quality as it is now.

The beach is almost next door so get off the hotel, go left, walk like 200 meter and you are at the beach and then you have lots of things to do in water sports.
Bangla Road is also very close with tons of shops for tourist shopping and restaurants.

Negative:

Honestly I can't think of anything I didn't like. I think I didn't like leaving the hotel after few days of stay but I had no choice :).

Room Tip: The rooms on 4th floor in building where the reception is and facing the pool have excellent view. A...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iExplorerAndTraveler

Dear “iExplorerAndTraveler”

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of our hotel. We are very glad that you have been happy with your decision to give us a try as a new hotel. It is great you recognize our team who is doing a great service delivery and our location and design of the hotel. The great location in Patong across from the beach and close to everything from restaurants, bars, entertainment, massage & spa to the shopping experiences. Great value for money with free Express Breakfast Bar and Free WiFi is what we are getting recognized.

Let us know if you are back in Phuket and we look forward to welcome you again to our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while we were in Phuket. The hotel was decent, and the room was clean. The pool was nice, but only open until 8pm. The beach was right around the corner. The noise comes from neighbor was magnified, especially at night. I got bitten by mosquito the first night we were there. We wore my bug bracelet the remaining two nights, and I was ok.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank mysteri4ever

Dear “mysteri4ever”

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us and liking our location close to the beach. I do understand that the pool is very inviting at night time but as we have four buildings around the pool we close the pool at 8pm to be respectful of all of our guests to relax in the evening.

Dominic

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Nap Patong
The KEE Resort & Spa
The KEE Resort & Spa
#26 of 329 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central? Share your experiences!