“Nice, new hotel near Patong Beach”

Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central
Ranked #22 of 331 Hotels in Patong
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at the hotel one week after it opened and found it to be very much like the other H.I. Express hotels in Asia I have come to know and like. The decor was appealing, the complimentary breakfast was good, but not exceptional, as in most H.I. Express hotels, and the staff was very professional. The main road where most everything available was only 100-200 meters away, and the beach road only 50 meters away. It is in what is now a somewhat quiet area, however I think they were building a night market bazaar next door so that may change. I was only there 2 nights, so not much time to enjoy the pool, but it looked nice. I intend to stay there again when I get back to Phuket / Patong.

Room Tip: Rooms facing East may be the best choice because of the night market bazaar being built on the West...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JACerv4
DominicEgger, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear “JACerv4”

Thank you very much for your great review and hopefully we can welcome you back soon on your travels that you are able to find some time to enjoy our pool too.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Positives:

- The Hotel, itself: Very new, neat & clean and smartly designed with nice & soothing interior. We loved it the moment we entered the room as it gave a very relaxing and homely feeling.

- The Staff: Very nice, courteous & helpful and always with a smiling attitude. Nicely trained. Being in management myself, if you see a good staff then do believe that a very effective management is working on top and the manager of this hotel is a very helpful and nice person and will help you always and even before you have checked in as he helped me on e-mail with a lot of information even before I arrived there.

My 2 Cents Overall:
Not sure how to summarize my review of this hotel but all I can say it was the best decision I made on my whole trip in Thailand. It is a very nice hotel and even though a lot of people may say the rooms are a bit small but it would be unfair to compare an express hotel with a resort type hotel. It is an excellent hotel for budget constrained people but you are not compromising much for a low cost and I rate it as a 4 star for the comfort it gave. Like any traveler, I was very confused over selecting a good hotel that is close to the beach and the main attractions on Patong beach and yet have a reasonable cost. There are tons of hotels on travel sites with good ratings that show attractive pictures but when you start to read reviews you get a different picture and trust me when a lot of people are saying the same negative thing regarding something in the hotel then do believe that there is a problem with that something. In case of Holiday Inn Express Patong beach a lot of reviews were saying the same good thing about their staff and the nice and new interior of the hotel rooms and the location of the hotel with respect to attractions and I found that to be very true. When in Thailand it is a blessing to have a hotel where staff can understand English well and are courteous and polite. My first room location was not so good and when I talked to the staff they happily changed it to a very nice top floor pool side view room. The pool of the hotel is very very nice and well maintained. The breakfast had limited choice but was pretty good and was adequate for a good jump start of the day and is included within the room rate. The WiFi in the room was excellent. If I were to go again to Patong I would definitely like to stay there again and I hope they will continue to maintain that quality as it is now.

The beach is almost next door so get off the hotel, go left, walk like 200 meter and you are at the beach and then you have lots of things to do in water sports.
Bangla Road is also very close with tons of shops for tourist shopping and restaurants.

Negative:

Honestly I can't think of anything I didn't like. I think I didn't like leaving the hotel after few days of stay but I had no choice :).

Room Tip: The rooms on 4th floor in building where the reception is and facing the pool have excellent view. A...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank iExplorerAndTraveler

Dear “iExplorerAndTraveler”

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review of our hotel. We are very glad that you have been happy with your decision to give us a try as a new hotel. It is great you recognize our team who is doing a great service delivery and our location and design of the hotel. The great location in Patong across from the beach and close to everything from restaurants, bars, entertainment, massage & spa to the shopping experiences. Great value for money with free Express Breakfast Bar and Free WiFi is what we are getting recognized.

Let us know if you are back in Phuket and we look forward to welcome you again to our Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights while we were in Phuket. The hotel was decent, and the room was clean. The pool was nice, but only open until 8pm. The beach was right around the corner. The noise comes from neighbor was magnified, especially at night. I got bitten by mosquito the first night we were there. We wore my bug bracelet the remaining two nights, and I was ok.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank mysteri4ever

Dear “mysteri4ever”

Thank you for taking time to write about your stay with us and liking our location close to the beach. I do understand that the pool is very inviting at night time but as we have four buildings around the pool we close the pool at 8pm to be respectful of all of our guests to relax in the evening.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just stayed here for 4 nights. And I liked it a lot. The location is great, just across the street from the beach and easy walk into town for restaurants, bars, shops, etc. The free breakfast was just basic, nothing to write home about but it filled me up each morning. The pool was nice and relaxing.

Rooms were nice. Clean and modern. Only complaint is noise. The walls seems to be very thin. I had to switch rooms 3 times. First room was next to a construction site, second room was along the main road and the noise was unbearable. Plus it did not have hot water for some reason. The third room was ok, still heard music at night from a building across the way but it was bearable. If you plan to have any rest in your room, stay away from Building 1 along the main road. It is nonstop noise.

The Internet wasn't very good. It was slow and some times I had connection problem. Most of the time I had to be next to the balcony door in my room for it to work. Works great in the common areas like lobby and pool.

The staff was nice and pleasant. Donaya, stood out. She was very helpful and friendly. I hoped I spelled her name correctly.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear “Terence2”

Thank you for taking time to write a review for our newly opened hotel. We are thrilled that you liked it a lot. It is unfortunate that you experienced a couple of minor issues during your stay and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the noise from outside of the hotel. I would like to investigate further into the WiFi issue and send you a direct email. However I am very happy that you mentioned Donnaya for her great service skills and her responsiveness to your needs.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I will of course share this feedback with my team.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

In Phuket a lot of good staying facilities are there, that includes this new hotel. As we were couple only. we found the suite room a bit bigger and unrequired, but service, comfort wise this is one of the best properties, we have been to.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Staff upon check in very nice. Stayed on 3rd floor of building 4. Pool about 1.2 m deep so fairly warm water but nice.

Lobby is lovely. Wifi worked well for us.
Free Breakfast: toast vegemite, Nutella, peanut butter, fruit, yoghurt, juice, cereal, scrambled eggs, fried rice, congee(rice porridge) small sausages, pastries, tea, coffee, hot chocolate.
Coffee is American style (served in huge cups)

First conveyor toaster I have seen that cooks toast properly!!
Overall not a fancy breakfast. But good convenient way to start the day.
there is an espresso machine at lobby bar 80 baht.

Underground parking available.

We enjoyed our stay here it is new 2013 clean and good value we would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Adam R
Reviewed March 10, 2013

we stayed at this hotel for a 4 nights and had a grate time.

first of all we like the concept of the hotel, in a place like patong all you really need is a good room to take a shower and have a good night sleep.

breakfast was very basic and we like the option of take away coffee, on our first night because of jetleg we arrived late for the breakfast and the hotel staff was kind enough to get us with eggs that was made specially for us!

at the bottom line we recommend this hotel to anyone that looking for a good place to just stay for the night and be close to the main attraction of phuket.

one more tip is the laundry room that you can use to wash your clothes and dry them in a price of 200 bht

Room Tip: pool view rooms,.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank naxAdvisor

Dear “naxAdvisor”

Thank you so much for your kind comments and endorsement of our concept with great value for money in a fantastic location. Everything is in walking distance but as you highlight fare enough from the noise for a good night sleep.

Dominic

Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Nap Patong
Patong Mansion Hotel
Patong Mansion Hotel
#3 of 331 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central? Share your experiences!