“Awful staff!!”

Ranked #243 of 400 Patong B&B and Inns
Corby, United Kingdom
“Awful staff!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Arrived here the 2nd day into our honeymoon, the first night wasn't too bad. 6am there is a guy on the street with a whistle that is constant all day, at night the staff on reception are very loud I rang down as they were making so much noise screaming and shouting at each other they woke us up, 2am they were still shouting at each other I rang down to reception yet again and they ignored the call ( I could hear the phone ringing as we were on the 1st floor) we then asked to move rooms the next day to the top floor, the room was ok but very dirty, dirty sheets pillows and duvet!! I was bitten like crazy in this hotel and had to buy tablets and cream to take away infection, as soon as I left this hotel I was not bitten again!!!
Staff are not much help at all. Wouldn't recommend.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Great location. very strategic. if you're a muslim, there's a restaurant just as u walk out of the hotel. spacious room(deluxe) with a lot of drawers for you to keep your things if u plan to stay for a long time. the only drawback is no lifts and you need to walk up the stairs. staffs is friendly and they do need to brush up with their english though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BEL19VE
bargara australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am staying here at the moment, If you like a building site around you then this is for you.(bring ear plugs) Their is a lot of noise, And if you get drunk don,t fall in a hole. Their is so much better and less cost. very overpriced for the area. Can do better deals else were....I leave tomorrow.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.... All rooms are no smoking. Should have told me that when I booked, will find...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wendy h

Travelers are raving about these Patong hotels

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great hotel with an awesome location. Anything and everything you need is available downstairs. Beach is hardly 5 mins away and so is the Jungceylon mall and Bangla road. Real friendly staff especially Bee (I hope I got your name correct).
The only downside is that this property does not have any elvators. So if you are travelling with people who will not be able to climb stairs, you might have to give it a pass.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms seems to be fine
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wanderl00st
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Although the hotel staff were friendly, our room was lousy. There were ants crawling everywhere on the table and our bathroom door could not be locked. Also, there's no ventilation so the place didn't smell very pleasant. It's located in a very convenient location though. 5 minutes from the beach. Food joints, tattoo parlours, cheap spas, and souvenir shops line the entire Rat-U-Thit Road. Bangla Road and Jungceylon Mall are a 10 minute walk away.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RebeccaG_21
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here for 12 nights and had no dramas at all.The staff are friendly and helpful,speak good english and organised a new motorbike for me.
The room was huge with a view onto Rat-a-tit Rd ,I could just see the beach behind Holiday Inn .Air con was great,comfy bed and a few decent TV channels,cant ask for much more for the price.
The only thing i didnt like was having to ride all the way to Jungceylon to be able to come back down the one way Street,only a drama if your in a hurry or its raining,no dramas if you dont have bike or car.
The location was good,plenty of restaurants around,five minute walk to Bangla ,Jungceylon and the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank mattbut
Karachi, Pakistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I had been to phuket during my vacations in july with my family, we selected The Palm Retreat because we found it decent with the fact that there is complimentary WiFi service avaialble and the ambiance of the rooms was very good.

When we arrieved, to our surprise, it was better that what we expected, i had stayed in 5 different hotels during my trip to Thailand, but to be honest The Palm Retreat was the best expereince, just because of their personalize services.

When i reserved the hotel, i received an email from Mr. Prem MD of The Palm Retreat, i requested him to allow me early check in as it was expecting my arrival in the morning in phuket, which he welcomed, we checked in the morning around 7ish... the hotel is located just a 5 mins walk from the main patong beach, on the main bazar, whereby u can comfortably enjoy shopping, massage, food etc, very economical, the bestest part is their services r outstanding, once u go their n u feel that u r in your family. Mostly Thai people r not familiarize with english language, their staff shared their personal cell numbers with us, n whenever we were in trouble bcoz of language issue, The Palm Retreat staff was there to help us out.

Be it renting a motorbike or getting trained on how to ride the bike, Prem was there, he also helped me to comfortably ride it and provided me an over view of the area, where to go, what to do. We feel, getting the bike rented and roaming around a major part of phuket was the best part, we had a lot of fun.

I recommend this place to all my friends, and would definitely like to stay there whenever i plan to to visit phuket.

Room Tip: one should always try to get a hotel, whereby you can get complimentary WiFi and Breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family