“What a great hotel”

Ranked #224 of 411 Patong B&B and Inns
Phuket, Phuket, Thailand
“What a great hotel”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was stayed there with my boyfriend, we love the room so much everything is look new and clean. 2 nights with them we were very happy. The lobby very lovely and staff very friendly. The price is very cheap. The hotel are close to the beach and big shopping mall like Jungceylon. We will come back again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

We actually got put in a place across the street which I assume is owned by the same people. It was nice and new and very clean. It's a bit of a walk from the main drag so getting sleep was not a problem and everything you need is still in walking distance (or a tuktuk ride). Lift was helpful! Lovely stay and worth the money!!

• Stayed February 2013
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed January 15, 2013

You get what you pay for
We had booked this place last minute due to an unreliable agency we decided to do it ourselves. We weren’t expecting much as we found our room so cheap however were actually surprised with the outcome. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The two biggest let downs are that the water really smells (the hotel can’t control that as we found it was a lot of places in PaTong) and this hotel actually doesn’t have its own pool as advertised. You have to pay 250B each person to use the pool across the road (which has no bar so you have to take your own drinks if you want them, or walk about 5mins down the road to 7/11 every time) but the pool is big and is nice. It’s not too far in a “tuk-tuk” to the main area and is normally 200B-300B one way. We were on the first floor so didn’t bother using the lift but when we did for the luggage on check-in and check-out we had to send it down separately as it wouldn’t go with the weight. I’m guessing about 4 people would be max capacity. Breaky was served daily with tea/coffee and juice which was ok. If your looking for cheap accom then this place is perfect. MUST eat at P’lek, just a few doors up. We had most of our meals there and the best Pina Coladas, I’ts cheap and we never felt sick.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on a high level as the lift doesn't work very well.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chelsea C
Irvine, California
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a brand new hotel. So new that they were still installing the elevator and some tiles when I was there. I suspect everything will be done by January 2013. So being new, it had all new features like flat screen tv, electronic safe, efficient and quiet A/C unit, microwave and mini fridge. Al the pictures on the hotel's website were accurate at the time of my stay.

The hotel has rooms that face the street and the hill immediately behind the hotel. The street view is obviously much nicer than the hill view. Both types of rooms had the same features. When I checked in I was given a street view. While it was great during the day (I could sit on the balcony watching people go by), it was awful at night due to the noise. I had an awful night due to all the cars and tuktuks going by. Some were blaring their music way too loud. When I went to buy ear plugs the next day, the manager instead offered to move me to a 'hill room.' This room was much quieter and I really got to enjoy the room.

The bed had a down filled duvet, fancy clean sheets, and fluffy pillows. Boy, did I sleep good. The towels in the bathroom were also new and extra soft. Everything worked great in the room. There were no glitches due to its' newness. I felt pampered.

The same couldn't be said for the staff. Here, being new is not a good thing. They hadn't learned how to use the phone system yet. When a call came in for me, they were unable to transfer it. Only after my insistance did they take out the manual and learn how to work the phone. I also asked the staff if I could make a local call from my room and for them to show me since the phone instructions are in Thai. Instead of saying he didn't know, the lone male staffer lied and said it couldn't be done. On two occasions I had asked for a wake up call. The staff told me to use the automated phone system. I explained to them that it was in Thai, so they opted to do it the old fashioned way, by calling my room. Unfortunately on the second occasion (check out day), he forgot to call me. So I'm left frantically running around to make sure I didn't miss my flight. The situation was made worse when the taxi I thought the hotel had arranged to pick me up was a no show. I ended up walking down the street with my luggage trying to flag down a taxi (really hard to do at 8AM Phuket time.I don't know if I was misled or if I misunderstood.

The staff's English skills was poor at best and they were unable to help me with the usual hotel request.

So to summarize, the staff didn't make as good of an impression on me as the hotel did. Fix the staff's skills and you have a nice hotel in Patong.

Room Tip: As mentioned, go with a hill view room if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Vagabond_John
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
The Little Moon Residence
Lavender Hotel
#82 of 411 in Patong
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket
Holiday Inn Express Phuket Patong Beach Central

Been to The Great@Patong Residence? Share your experiences!