“Male reception staff kinda lets down the place a bit”
Review of The Marq

The Marq
Ranked #62 of 221 Specialty Lodging in Patong
singapore
“Male reception staff kinda lets down the place a bit”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I would give this hotel an excellent rating except that the male reception staff kinda lets down the place a bit, not terribly but enough not to ignore. When we called to make a reservation noone picked up the phone and when we inquired upon reaching, the reply was that the phone lines were having problems.
It wasn't a big problem but the service was perfuntory and replies short and with no added value. Other than that, rooms were great and couldn't fault them at all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
The_Marq, General Manager at The Marq, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
My goal is that everyone have a pleasant and memorable stay at The Marq. I'm sorry that you had an experience not consistent with my goals. If you could email me (address at the end) any specifics name, nationality, experience I can talk to the individual or use it as a learning experience for the whole staff. Customer service does have different standard here in Thailand that many tourist are used to.

With that being said I am happy, to say that all the staff do receive quarterly bonus based 100% off of customer feedback. We just completed our first 4 months and feel the results are promising however leave room for improvement.

I am please to announce that after 6 weeks and multiple visits from both the phone company and private (telephone install) professionals the phone is back on.

Coming from a developed country especially Singapore- I'll admit it is beyond belief that a phone could be down that long. But it is one of the challenges of living in a developing nation. Just like having to print out a form and personally deliver it to the bank to have your internet banking password reset. No joke, only took 4 weeks the whole process.

Any additional comments can be sent to me at customerservice@themarqhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

It is a little tricky I get there because of the river bridge crossing and a little far from the action. A scooter will make up for it. The rooms are new and clean and the bathroom clean with hot water. They cleanse rooms every day.
Also they apply the direct bilking discount but only if you ask!

• Stayed October 2013
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

i love the concept room of The Marq hotel, clean and nice! with a thailand word on the wall and there's a balcony and a big bed. They have a friendly staff, but unfortunately the location is a bit far from beach and mall, we should walking about 20 - 30 minutes to go there and this hotel just have an upstairs and we should bring a luggage by self to the room (they have 4 floor).

Room Tip: choose a big room with a balcony
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stay at The Marq each time I come to Phuket and will continue to do so. The staff is friendly and the rooms very comfortable. Free Wifi. The lobby is charming. They can organize anything for you from renting a motorbike to booking tours all around Phuket. The area is quiet and you need a motorbike or a car to travel around. Most Patong attractions are at walking distance,

See you again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
The_Marq, Front Office Manager at The Marq, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
thanks you , it's always nice to see you. i hope you come back soon. - big
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at The Marq hotel for 2 nights. I reserved on Flight&Hotel package. The staff were friendly, happily and always smile! They have staff standby at the front-desk all times. The room was nice, I like their room style idea. Moreover They have the Thai language sentences on the room's wall as well. Everything is good! But hotel is not closed to the beach! Just walk almost 10 minutes...It's ok! During way I just look around that place even at night! If you would like to take a sedan or private car to the airport, please reserve in advance..If not, you will be like me(My flight is departed at 8 am. but I just call to service company at 6 am. OMG!! The rain was heavy raining, finally I have 10 minutes before flight boarding) Anyway, I like this hotel service and it is small hotel! I will be back to stay here, for my Phuket teip :)

I stayed at 2-4 July 2013, my room was on the third floor!

Room Tip: Just request the lower floor because they have an elevator! And Deluxe room is very smooth bed!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Apart from the location is a bit far from patong beach and jungceylon mall, the only thing for its cons would be they forgot about my taxi reservation from airport . But the staffs there are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and clean, more than a 2 star hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We could not have been more pleased with our stay here. The rooms was equipped to high standards and was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other shacks and bungalows we were use to staying in.
The location was a little off the main drag but there was still an awesome cafe 2 stores down and family mart up the street but in phuket it's best to rent a bike to explore anyways! Which we rented a bike from a very friendly tour place just a few stores down as well.
The owner at the desk was very friendly and I formative but very frazzled and their room reservation systems clearly was not working, we showed up without a reservation and when we asked it took almost 5 minutes before we got an answer if they had a room or not. But after that was sorted out, and got our room, relaxation began and were very happy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple