“Luxury stay for budget travellers in low season”
Review of The Marq

The Marq
Ranked #97 of 241 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We could not have been more pleased with our stay here. The rooms was equipped to high standards and was a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other shacks and bungalows we were use to staying in.
The location was a little off the main drag but there was still an awesome cafe 2 stores down and family mart up the street but in phuket it's best to rent a bike to explore anyways! Which we rented a bike from a very friendly tour place just a few stores down as well.
The owner at the desk was very friendly and I formative but very frazzled and their room reservation systems clearly was not working, we showed up without a reservation and when we asked it took almost 5 minutes before we got an answer if they had a room or not. But after that was sorted out, and got our room, relaxation began and were very happy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at The Marq very late at night and were immediate greeted by the staff who were very friendly. Our room was incredibly spacious, very clean, and had all the amenities you could ask for....and more! The staff was very helpful, pointing out all the great spots to see on a map for us! The hotel's location was pretty great- not too far from the beach or the market and nightlife (but far enough away that it didn't keep you awake at night)! We loved the candy they put in the little bowl so much, they gave us some to take with us! Great value, friendly and helpful staff, great rooms. I will definitely stay here again if in Phuket!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was my first travel to Phuket, but I've been to Thailand before, though it was last 1998 (lols). It was a last few hours decision that I booked a deluxe room last August 8, 2013 before I had my flight to Phuket later in the evening.

The staff is friendly and attentive and very helpful. Marcus the manager is friendly and helpful to the needs of the visitors of the place.

The room I got is quite clean and quite spacious for a lone traveler like me (first time to travel as in alone without my friends). It was a nice idea to paint on the side wall some Thai phrases to use especially for first time tourists in wonderful Thailand. The toilet is also clean and fully functional (hot and cold water - check, toilet flushing well - check, lavatory working - check). The clothing cabinet is big enough for some of my clothes and bags to stuff in. Overall, I am very satisfied with my room even for a budget hotel. It does not feel like two stars as some booking sites would advertise but more of 2&1/2 or 3 stars. The only thing that I would say negative about the place is that it is far away from the beach (Patong) and the nearest shopping mall I could find (Jungceylon Mall). But anyways, this distance is just about one kilometer from the hotel so I could say I got to have my regular walking exercises while touring around the area.

As I have said to Marcus before I left the hotel, this might not be my last visit of the place. Who knows, maybe next year I'll be back to Phuket and just drop by again to this very good budget hotel. :-)

I recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 6, 2013

we stayed as a family for 4 nights and overall it's very nice experience. The rooms (we booked 2 rooms) are clean, spacious and modern. They clean the room every day. Check-in and check-out were quick and no hassel. I think we'll come back again next year.

Room Tip: choose a room on first floor, because there is no lift
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel initially for 2 nights, but then after booking the Phi Phi Island trip the following day ended up staying a further 2 nights accommodated by the super friendly owner Marcus & staff :)

Phi Phi Island tour with snorkelling is a MUST, so much better for swimming and coral and fish and all than the beaches. If you want to book a tour, book it through the staff. After I checked with 3 of the 'travel booths' around Patong area, the best price was through the hotel, who organise whatever they can that you ask for!

Rooms very nicely clean and tidy, made up daily if you want. Big queen size bed comfortable. Air-con works very well. Bathroom and toilet is in the "Thai" layout where the toilet and shower are in the same room, so only one can be used at a time, with the customary "water squirter" for the toilet, but you are in *Thailand* so try something different :) Besides, it works well as everything dries quickly in Thailand and you get a taste of how the real Thai locals live! Regular western toilet with toilet paper, so don't worry there :)

As well as being the lowest price, this was the most helpful hotel stayed at, definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Cheap price, very clean and modern. The owner is American, very friendly and helpful. About 20 mins to walk to Patong beach but still not a bad location, Its on a quiet street so that was a nice thing, We stayed in a private room with a double bed and had a private bathroom for about $23 a night, cant beat that! I highly recommend this Hotel/hostel and will return next time I am in Patong.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2013

very nice and interesting rooms. modern well equipped hotel . for the money been charged this is well worth considering...... if anything location is a little out of the way. nothing a scooter won't fix.
thnx guys..