“lovely stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 222 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Shouguang, China
“lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stay at this hotel only 1 night. I pay for another hotel but they move me here. I am glad they did. This hotel are nice and clean and new. Only stairs but it is ok. I like my room very good feel, shower water is hot. I walk everywhere beach, food, bar, shopping 15-20 minutes. Everyone at hotel is nice. I only go to Patong for 3 days next time I stay here.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

We stayed at this hotel two different times in Jan. mainly because the owner went out of the way to help with anything he could. He when above and beyond letting me use his personal phone to call when I had a problem with my credit card. The staff were nice and eager to help.

The rooms were cozy, clean, modern, the beds in the deluxe and superior rooms i stayed in were the best in my 4 weeks in SE Asia.

Location- away from the noise of the town but close enough to walk to the beach or mall in 10-15 minutes and 15-20 to Bangla Road when I wanted a loud night.

The prices even in high season were well worth it.

Oakland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stay for 10 day in Jan. The hotel was very clean and new. The staff is all friendly some have better English. But they always try to help. The owners were always helpful and gave us great suggestion for beach and restaurant. Location is good for the price. We hope to visit again someday.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

New build hotel three streets back from beach. Reasonable mid price option more like an up market hostel than 3 star hotel..
On the plus side..clean room with great hot shower, flat screen and dvd plus free bottled water. Downsides noisy on street side, rock hard bed and a good 20 minute walk from jungceylon,beach and Bangla.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ian G
Santiago, Chile
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is a difficult review.
The hotel is a new place, the location is ok, cause you can walk to the beach (15 to 20 minutes)and is away from the noise.
I stayed in a double bedroom, and it was very nice and well decorated, with aircon, tv, balcony, frigobar, and toilet...here is one of the proble, the toilet was terrible smelly. We noticed, but the staff didn't do anything.
The owner is very nice and helpful, but when he's not at the place, things go very bad.
We decided to stay 1 more night, so we noticed a lady at the front desk.
What a surprise, at the next morning the guy on the front desk asked us "so you guys are finally leaving today?" ina very bad mood. We explained to him that we were noticed that, but he didn't receive the message, so he said that they lost custom, and he insisted many times that we hadn't notice as we were lying.
After that, we were leaving, so we needed to pay, and the same guy was asking for more money becasue he said that we eat more chocolates that we really did...you know how he supossed to know??? Because they check the rubbish bin, so he insisted again that we were eating more than we "wanted to pay"...so we were lying again...really horrible service.
And to finish, we asked him for his name, becasue we noticed that we'll complain, and he write in a card "boy"...I'm sorry, but of course it wasn't his name, so we was also laughing of us.
So, a message for the owner...this could be a very good place, but he has to choose better staff.
If you don't mind, and you stay here, go for breakfast to the next cafe, for the same price you get a wonderful breakfast and is running by the owners that are one of the nicer thailand people that I met.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gabriela M
The_Marq, Owner at The Marq, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
First and foremost, I'm extremely sorry to hear about your experience!! I can confidently say the issues you mentioned have been resolved.

It was quickly apparent within the first month that I had made the wrong decision in the hiring process. The individual in question was let go Jan 1. I’m sorry you had the unfortunate experience of meeting him.

As for the toilets the building leasing company had to uninstall and reinstall all the toilets because they were not connected correctly during the construction. This problem was only first noticed during the high season with our high occupancy rate and has been then fixed.

Once again I’m apologize for your experience during your stay and I appreciate your candid comments.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

New hotel clean friendly owners that are more than happy to help you. I found my stay a good experience and I would recommend this hotel to people. The beach I about 10 to 15min walk. We rented a bike next door at DDC. I managed to drop the the bike and it got a few scratches on it. I was worried that I was going to have to pay a lot of money to fix as I have heard some story's about Thailand and the scams. But to my surprise ploy the owner was more worried about me than the bike and didn't charge me anything. Thank the Marq and thank you ploy.

• Stayed November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

It was a nice quiet place to stay on a relatively new road. I enjoyed talking with Mark (the owner) and Brian over the four nights that we stayed there. The tea/coffee facilities in the social area were a nice touch and the rooms were nice for a specialty style lodging.

There are a couple of things that would stop me from giving this a 5 star review. One thing being that the service from the reception staff was a bit hit and miss.

Also, I do not recommend going next door to the Travel agent for booking tours. We paid inflated prices for a tour to the Phi Phi islands and that was mainly because we had the cash in our hands and the agent knew we wanted to go. She had us over a barrel and charged us what she thought she could get away with. We paid 1400 Baht for a day trip to Phi Phi and after speaking to other people on the tour, some paid 1200 Baht and we met one couple who paid 1100 Baht for two day trips. It's called DDC Travel. Please shop around for a better price!! Perhaps go closer to the town centre.

All in all, a very nice stay in Patong. Thanks Mark!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family