“Quiet clean corner for good sleep, at the busy Patong Beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Marq

The Marq
Ranked #57 of 222 Specialty Lodging in Patong
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Quiet clean corner for good sleep, at the busy Patong Beach.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I travel solo. And I'm quite sensitive to noise at sleep. I simply can't stay at noisy hotels in busy area, so my strategy is to book one night at a hotel, try it, if it's noisy at night and my sleep quality is bad, i switch to another hotel, but if the sleep quality is good, I extend the stay (learned a hard lesson from my Bali trip). Not so easy to find a quiet corner in busy tourist areas, so it takes extra efforts to try and decide to stay or move after one night. Through Google I found this one on Agoda, and booked it to try one night. Good sleep. Unusual quiet corner in the busy Patong area. So I extended for another 4 nights, and quite glad I did through the treasure hunt for quiet clean hotels.

Details: King size bed, good quality. Brand new room, in the brand new building. Sheets and towels are new, fresh and clean. Free internet (both Wifi for my iPhone and desktop in the lobby). Free water from bar. 24-hour convenience store FamilyMart is right at the street corner, very convenient, which I really like. The owner is American, accepting payment in cash. Very Thai style already.

The hotel is 10-minute walk to restaurants and shopping streets. 15-walk to Patong Beach. I did not rent a scooter, just walked around to explore the area. The hotel is blessed with good location, at the quiet clean corner on a new street, and has great price for this popular beach area (luckily good weather in those days of my stay too). I'm quite glad I found this new hotel to stay under my budgets. And most of all, with good sleep quality I need during my travel. Overall good experiences in Phuket here.

I would recommend this hotel to travelers who need good location and clean quiet corner for sleep quality.

Room Tip: Brand new street, new building, new room, at a quiet, clean corner in the busy Patong. Recommend th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
8 Thank tomgreene

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

stayed 3 nights at the marq, great experiences here, friendly staff, brand new building and clean rooms for me and classmates, very good location which is close to the beach and the shopping area. conclusion: excellent value for this stay in phuket. will definitely come back to the marq again the next time.

Room Tip: rooms are all very clean. good quality & value.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
18 Thank brian j
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

The Marq Hotel impressed me and a buddy vacationing in Phuket, not because of its well-designed and clean hotel facilities, but the efforts that the staff and hotel manager extend to its customers. The Marq Hotel is newly-opened, and is probably a first venture of the owner, but they really stop at nothing to make sure the guests in their hotel are well taken cared of and to always give them comments for improvements. The owner even offered to pick up breakfast for us (they are not yet equipped to serve breakfast at the time we checked in) and we really thought it was a great gesture! If you value a true-to-heart accommodating staff as well as an excellent location with all brand-new amenities, even if the Marq Hotel is a guest house, it is very much well recommeded!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends