2,589 results
All reviews jacuzzi suite sizzle restaurant club vista room paradise beach virtual golf riverside pool games room aqua spa shuttle bus rooftop bar adult pool shuttle service every hour pool villa main pool our honeymoon main restaurant
Reviewed January 10, 2018 via mobile

Welcomed by friendly staff throughout the resort. Lovely way to end my first trip to Thailand. Facilities are amazing and it was great to relax and unwind by the pool and lush surroundings! Would highly recommend

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear Amy J,

On behalf our entire team, thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your very positive experience.

We were absolutely delighted to have read that your experience with us left such an amazing impression and do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Avista Hideaway.

Amy J, thank you once again for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future, should we have the pleasure in doing so and as the time may allow.

Reviewed January 10, 2018

First I have to say that our opinion very much coincides with M2495KWdaniels. Like his company, 4 out of 5 in our group got a stomach illness, which spoilt a few days of our stay. Naturally, it is hard to know the origin but lack of hygiene with fresh fruits/vegetables may be suspected. If so, the hotel should pay due attention to this and improve their standards.

At arrival and a friendly welcome, progress to get the rooms was quite slow, but soon we were taken to them.

We (5 persons) stayed in three rooms (2 x Executive with ocean view and 1 x superior room). The rooms were big and quite comfortable, the shower section was very spacy which was a plus. The ocean view, on the other hand, was non-existent: Leaning out over the terrace fence, you could see a glimps of the sea, but from the room you just saw a jungle slope. So please skip the misleading word in the ad for the rooms that do not face against the sea. The room was pretty clean and the housekeeping was OK.

The hotel is a maze and it takes a while to realize how to navigate from the rooms to the lobby and restaurants, due to the fact that the different houses are on different levels of a hill. OK for us, but probably hard for disabled or elder people. The location is silent as very little traffic could be heard, which is a plus. However, the walls do not insulate much sound, the doors have big gaps letting in all kinds of noise and light from the corridors. Most serious, the unfortunate combination of metal legs on chairs and terrace furniture without pads under the legs and stone floor makes a terrible noise that wakes anyone up in the morning when other guests or housekeeping move the chairs/tables. But if you want to wake up a at 7 a.m. at the latest, there's no need for an alarm.

The Vista restaurant was good (except the suspected hygiene problem) with delicious Thai food and OK western breakfast. Coffee and tea was served to the tables, but occcasionally at a considerable delay. Still, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Particularly the excellent service by waitress BB should be mentioned!

We did not use the other facilities except the pools which were nice.

Like other reviewers have pointed out, the hotel could try to affect its shabby surroundings close to the entrance and towards the ocean, with local scrap yards and landfill areas spoiling the environment. Also, the neighbor building under construction spoilt some of the scenery. I do realize the latter is something the hotel cannot do much about.

Checkout was a bit messy because of mistakes in the bill, first missing sums, then adding them in duplicate: Anyway, finally the sum was OK but here some improvement is needed: Maybe adopting an IT system would be better than using the paper-based one?

Room Tip: (Some?) ocean view rooms have no ocean view
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank Henrik S

Dear Henrik S,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong-MGallery by Sofitel!

On behalf our entire team, thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience.

I do very much appreciate you taking the time to highlight those areas that positively enhanced your experience with us and which I shall most certainly share with our team members as I am sure they will be very happy to learn that their efforts did not go un-noticed. I will equally also share your feedback with those areas which can also further assist our aims – the experience of our valued guests. Incidentally, I would like to add that your feedback with reference to your dining experience has been addressed with our team and which I do very much regret to have learned of. The safety of our guests is of our highest concern. Be assured that strict international hygiene standards are very much well in place and routinely monitored by our culinary team. Understanding that there are a multitude of factors that may contribute to digestive conditions, do know that actions were nevertheless taken to better ensure the safety of our guests is continuously well looked after.

On a more positive note, I would like to mention that our resort is in the midst of updating our resort’s mapping structure which we trust will improve clarity and ultimately, the guest experience.

With regard to your check-out experience, I do very much apologise for this inconvenience. Although I was pleased to learn that in the end the matter was rectified, it is nevertheless not up to the standards which are routinely addressed and practiced.

While I am disappointed that your overall experience did not live up to your expectations, rest assured that your comments are very much appreciated as they do help us strive to improve upon those areas which require further efforts. Do feel free to contact me personally, should a future visit to Phuket be in your travel plans. It will be my absolute pleasure to ensure your stay with us is much more representative and in line with our capabilities and earned reputation.

Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

A few points why you should consider going somewhere else for your vacation:

1) The hotel promised a sea view from the room, but the actual view was a jungle. Not one glimpse of sea could be seen.

2) The Vista Restaurant was OK until 4 out of 5 in our group got a STOMACH BUG on the second day from the restaurant! I understand that bugs may be common if you are careless with street food, but we only ate at the hotel on the first two days. A 5 star hotel should maintain high hygiene standards. Thank you for ruining 3 out of 7 vacation days!

3) The way to get from the lobby to the rooms was a maze, very poorly designed overall structure of the hotel. I dont want to walk 3 sets of stairs to get from my room to the lobby. The buggy service was useless: three times I called the reception and no buggy would arrive.

4) When we asked room service to make our bed on the evening, the housekeeping lady was behaving very unprofessionally by letting out audible sighs when we wanted all the linens changed.

The only props go to the reception which actually tried to maintain some kind of standard.

2 out of 5 stars. The stomach bug ruined our entire vacation. Maybe consider doing more checks on what produce you buy and overall hygiene in the kitchen.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank M2495KWdaniels
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

Dear M2495KWdaniels,

On behalf our entire team, thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experiences.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. And I do regret to learn that on many fronts, we were unable to deliver a truly exceptional experience. From a service stand point, there were clearly some areas which need to be stressed further with our team and which I will most certainly be doing so. On the other hand, I was pleased to learn that our reception team was able to look after you well during your holidays with us.

With regard to your room allocation, I would like to clarify that this is an area currently being addressed with your agent so as to ensure our guest expectations are consistently and continuously met. I am also truly sorry to learn that your dining experience with us affected you in such a manner and I trust our team members looked after you well. I would like to stress, however, that our resort does in fact practice strict, international hygiene standards and that a stern system of ‘checks’ is very much in place; from the receiving end to the food storage and preparation stage. Nevertheless, do rest assured that upon receiving any such concern by our guests we immediately follow a series of steps and guidelines to be absolutely sure that the safety and well-being of all our guests are very much kept at the core of our daily objectives.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback and should you have any additional comments which could be helpful for us, I would be more than happy to learn and address your remarks further. Please do feel free to correspond with me directly.

Alberto J. Lugo-Vina

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

Firstly what an amazing hotel this was, the staff were outstanding and the hotel it's self was mind blowing. Upon arrival we were greeted with a cold towel and a fruit smoothy very nice. The staff were always so helpful nothing was ever too much hassle. The prices in the hotel were on the steap side. Venture out of resort to the local shops and save 180 bhat for a can of coke. Imwe were so impressed with the hotel we simply just had to book to go back. A special thank you TO BBC in the restaurant such a lovely girl and always there to help if any questions were needed on the local area. Be sure to visit freedom beach right turn at the entrance of the hotel short walk up the dirt track then the most amazing beach I've ever seen. I've never been so impressed with a hotel thank you for making our holiday so enjoyable

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Reece H
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

Dear Reece H,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong-MGallery by Sofitel!

On behalf our entire team, thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience with us.

It was our absolute pleasure to have you with us during your recent stay and do trust your travels have you well.

I was also very pleased to learn that the efforts of all our team members played such a ‘wow’ and positive role during your stay and be assured that I shall pass along your feedback to them.

Reece H, thank you once again for sharing your comments and I look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future, should we have the pleasure in doing so and as the time may allow.

Alberto Lugo-Vina

Reviewed January 2, 2018 via mobile

Overall I am happy with the resort but considering the hefty price tag there are plenty of rooms for improvements

Good points:
(1) 3 pools and the biggest pool was nice. It was an infinity pool overlooking a small jungle not the main Patong beach
(2) Prompt buggy services
(3) Opulent rooms with powerful air-con and powerful water jets for showers
(4) Staff overall very friendly and helpful

Bad points:
(1) No body lotion, tooth brush and paste
etc and we had to ask for them
(2) The Resort is on a small mountain and
it is far away from Patong beach and
town. If you like to see just jungles and
sea then it is ok but if you want to see
the main Patong beach then you will be
disappointed
(3) There is a free scheduled shuttle bus
service to and from Patong town but
the resort uses big Tuk Tuk trucks
rather than smaller air-conned vans,
and that is a real disappointment
considering the huge price tag and
less expensive resorts like Novotel
use nicer air-conned vans
(4) NY Eve buffet food and
entertainment
are not worth what we had to pay for
(about US 200 dollars). The prawns
and oysters were not fresh and tasty
and the entertainment was done by
non professionals
(5) The Resort provides taxi services to the
airport but they use local taxis and not their own and we could get the same taxi service for half the price of what the resort wanted to charge us

(6) The breakfast was ok but not what I would expect from an expensive resort. I would want it to provide more local food
and more varieties of food

(7) As a silver member I got given free fruits daily but they were cheap fruits and when I asked the cleaning lady for a knife she said the resort did not provide this service so I refused to eat the fruits

(8) I had a 3-course meal for dinner at the Vista restaurant. The food was delicious especially the coconut chicken soup and red curry but I was surprised that local-flavoured Ice cream like coconut ice cream was not offered. It also took a long time for the food to come and on the night it was not a busy night

(9) Calls for buggy services could at times be frustrating. Nobody took the calls or the calls just dropped out

So if you want a cheaper hotel with a nice Patong beach view and walking distance to Patong town and beach then this resort is not for you
But if you are looking for a real hideaway and just want to spend most of your time in a nice expensive resort to relax, swim, etc. but not going out, then it is ok

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BenjaminSydney123

Dear BenjaminSydney123,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong-MGallery by Sofitel!

Although your time with us appears to have been generally a positive experience, do know that your feedback of your stay is very well noted and will definitely assist us as a team to understand those areas which we need to improve upon. I would, however, like to take this opportunity to clarify some of your constructive points. Avista Hideaway lives and operates by its strong reputation, a serene and tranquil resort located only a few minutes drive from the foothill of Patong Beach, a description that is depicted across various online channels. Our resort, therefore, is purely a matter of personal preference should guests opt for a more peaceful and soothing experience and in contrast to resorts located in Patong beach. As it is customary with various other resorts, our resort’s complimentary shuttle service is very much in line with the story that the hotel aims to harness, which is a combination of traditional Thail elements with contemporary flair. Therefore, our resort’s shuttle embodies this approach by providing guests with this particular transportation experience. On the other hand, I would like to express my apologies for the lapses which you experienced concerning your room toiletries and amenities, as our valued Le Club Member and do rest assured that this is an area which will be swiftly addressed with our team. Do also note that your comments pertaining to the recent New Year’s Eve activities are duly noted and will most certainly be addressed for future events.

BenjaminSydney123, thank you once again for sharing your comments with us and I extend to you and your family my warmest of well wishes for this new year and trust your travels back home have you well.