“Beautiful resort, cheap, breakfast is amazing”

Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #6 of 321 Hotels in Patong
“Beautiful resort, cheap, breakfast is amazing”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This plans was truely gorgeous.. I'll do my review in pros and cons.. Unfortunatly there was a few cons..

Cons -
Upon booking this resort I actually booked the wrong Avista at kata beach but I wanted the one in Patong.. I emailed the hotel but they couldn't transfer my information to the other hotel so that was annoying I had to cancel wait for a refund and then re-book myself (purely my fault) but they weren't giving any assistance.
- I was meeting up with a friend so out flights were arriving and departing at Seperate times (staying in the same room) so all up we had to make booking for 4 airport transfer which are $1500 THB each way! Which is $50Aud.. I think this is a rip off and airport transfers should be included
- the shuttle bus to juncelyon and the private beach only runs at scheduled times and is almost always booked out they definately need to do something about it.. I think they would benefit from having a bus that leaves every hour or half an hour.. Also if ur going to the private beach make sure u take money because u have to pay to get in which isn't stated anywhere in the hotel..
-when u are laying by the pool or swimming and want water u need to pay for it.. I think it should be free especially with the weather in Phuket
-if u don't catch the shuttle bus it's $300THB to get to Patong beach and it's too far to walk
Pros-
- my flight was delayed 3 hours and there was still someone waiting to collect me at the airport which I was really happy about the check in was fast as they could see I was exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep it was 3am at this time I was given a welcome drink and flowers
- there is a pillow menu in the room.. We were in room 811 looking over the pool put room was clean big and comfortable
-it was my friends birthday so there was a cake in the room on arrival this was nice but my friend wasn't arriving until the next night and her birthday wasn't until the end of the week.. It's the thought that counts!
- when you check in you can choose when u want your room to be cleaned that's the best ever
-there are 2 swim up pool bars one in each pool the cocktails are great and aren't overpriced
-the buffet breakfast is huge.. There's an egg station and a station for stir fry they cater for all.. Vegetarian dishes also, fresh squeezed fruit juices.. Cereal.. Breads.. Cakes.. Youghurts etc
- the hotel was 50% off when we booked so it was a bargain
-concierge was fantastic they organised all our tours and we could book them to the room
-the private beach is much nicer then Patong.. Make sure u go just remember to take money to pay but you do get a lay down chair and umbrella there is also toilets and a store there

I can't comment on the spa as I thought it was overpriced you can go to the top level of juncelyon and get an hour full body massage for $300THB better yet a 3hour package for under $3000THB so I went there instead!
We only ate at Avista one night and it was the BBQ buffet by the pool.. It's didn't really have a great selection and it was expensive u can get way better food along Patong beach for cheaper..
Overall stay was great!
This is a new hotel and it's decorated beautifully If they fix a few little things up it can definately be 5 star!

• Stayed August 2013
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Iarissatravels,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa,

Many thanks for your recent feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are glad you enjoyed the check in experience and everything was handled OK on your arrival. We do realise that guests can be very tired after a long flight and try to provide as many options as we can to make your stay as relaxing as possible.

Chef Tim and his team are delighted you enjoyed the breakfast and I am sorry you felt some of the other options were not satisfactory. We do try to offer a wide variety of choice as well as special events and do try to keep these as reasonably priced as possible.

I apologise if you had some issues moving your booking from our other Resort in Kata to the hideaway and we will certainly look at improving this.

Regarding the airport transfers we do try to price ourselves at similar levels to other Resorts and unfortunately if 4 separate journeys are required then we do have to charge for these. Obviously if guests are all arriving at the same time then there is only the need for 1 journey and 1 charge.

With the swimming pools we do provide complimentary water in all guest rooms as well as the gym and library. Many guests do bring this with them and the stocks are always replenished daily. Unfortunately other branded water from the bars is charged.

We will certainly look at improving where we can and thank you for sharing your experience. We have passed on your comments to the entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Avista Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here with family ( 3 kids) excellent architecture, good location, shuttle to beach and town, breakfast got lots of variety and good service, overall very satisfactory stay.

Very nice location and views are great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank asbmkb
Dear asbmkb,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa,

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us.

We value all our guests feedback and are continually looking for ways to improve. It is always a pleasure to know when our Guests are happy with our service.

We have shared your comments with the team and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. The location is great, away from the hustle of Patong but only 5 min drive. Shuttles are good every 2 hrs, occasionally full in peak times but generally ok. It seems to be a standard 300bht to get from Patong to the hotel which is very expensive for the distance but its not really walkable so you have to pay it when not using the shuttle. We also took the shuttle to paradise beach one morning and had lunch there which was lovely. I'm surprised about how much people are raving about the food here as I found it to be average at best for a hotel of this standard. We ordered a burger by the pool one day and it was very average and the chips inedible. Breakfast was ok, the Danishes were lovely but I didn't like the cooked food and found the omelette to lack flavour. Asian selection looked good but I don't like to eat that for bfast. Overall it was ok but would not have paid for it was is not included. We ordered a pizza one day and that was very nice, we also attended the poolside BBQ and that was ok...the presentation was beautiful but the flavour didn't match. We also ordered some Thai dishes in the restaurant and they were lovely.

When we checked in we were disappointed to find our room overlooked a construction site with two diggers going all day. The hotel was great when we asked to be moved and gave us a free upgrade to a jacuzzi suite which was really lovely and private. I would definitely book one of these next time.

The spa is VERY expensive so we didn't use it. 2500bht for a 30min aloe wrap.

The pools are great, we only went to two of the 3, both have bars.

The games room is good, the library nice. Virtual Golf and Convenience store aren't open yet. Gym is good.

English is generally good and service good.

We did the sunrise tour with simba sea tours to phi phi which was great, also went to the moulin rose lady boy show in town on Bangala which was great. Don't do the ping pong show, they're really expensive 900bht for a beer and just disgusting. I thought it would be a bit of fun but it was just yuck.

Wifi is good in the hotel. It's quite a big property so if you're down the back reception is a bit of a hike but when you call for a buggy pick up they are very prompt so really not an issue.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. I'd say its probably the best in Patong from what I've seen around but haven't stayed anywhere else.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not overlooking the construction site. Jacuzzi suites are great, try to get a p...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mags132,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa,

Many thanks for your recent comments and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do realise that the Taxis in Phuket are much higher priced than many other parts of Thailand and this is something that affects the entire Island. We do try to offer the free shuttle bus to ensure our Guests have easy transport into Patong and to the Beach.

I am sorry you did not find the food so appealing. We do try to ensure we offer a wide selection to suit most requirements and our Head Chef Tim certainly ensures we use the finest quality ingredients. We will certainly look to see if there are any improvements to be made.

We do apologise for the work being carried out next to the Resort while you were here, this was the local government clearing a section of the forest which is not far from us.

At the Spa we do try to offer the highest quality of service and products, we have a full range of treatments which also include our special Ayurvedic Packages and this does sometimes come at a premium.

Our Virtual Golf is now fully operational and has certainly received some fantastic feedback. Its one of the only simulators endorsed by the PGA and we think it will be a big hit in the future.

We are glad you enjoyed the tours and we do have some very good advice for any Guests visiting shows in Patong, it is always worth discussing with our staff before going so we can advise the best way not to be overcharged. A beer should not be any more than 100 - 150 Baht. It is always best to check prices before ordering and if any more than this simply get up and walk away.

We have shared your comments with the entire team and are continually looking for ways to improve.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I can't speak highly enough of my recent stay at Avista Hideaway Resort and Spa. A friend and I (both in our early 20s) started our 2 week Thailand holiday with 5 nights at Avista and it was perfect.

Set on the hill above Patong (5 mins drive) it was close enough to the action at night and the perfect relaxing oasis by day.

The modern, African/Indian influences in the architecture and decor are unlike anything I've seen in Thailand. The rooms are spacious and immaculately presented. The pools, bars, restaurant and breakfast buffets are all A+.

I'd recommend upgrading to Club Vista to take advantage of the 2 hours of free cocktails at sunset in the rooftop bar every night...we did. A little too much, perhaps.

To top it off the staff are attentive, friendly and very professional. A special mention to the lovely manager who gave us our welcome tour and Albert&Jeff at the bar.

Again, couldn't recommend this property enough!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Andrew H,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us thank you for sharing your recent experience.

We are delighted you appreciated the design of the Resort, we spent a long time finalising the styles to ensure we made the most of the stunning views and surrounding landscapes. We do feel that the final result is breathtaking.

We are glad you enjoyed the additional benefits of the Club Rooms with the cockttail hours, we do find these very popular and it also gives people a chance to meet other guests in the Resort as the atmosphere in the rooftop bar is very intimate and friendly.

The Manager, Albert and Jeff all thank you for the recognition and we have shared all your comments with the rest of the team.

We look forward to seeing you both back again in the future.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed August 31, 2013

What an experience!!! It was like a dream place for a perfect vacation. It is very near to Patong but at the same time, it is away from large crowd and noises. When we got inside the lobby for check in, I was amazed by the natural beauty that can be enjoyed from this open-air lobby. A refreshing drink made this even better!

After check in, we were taken to our room and the room was nice, clean and big. Interiors were outstanding and the balcony gave us a stunning view......the ocean, hill and the infinity pools. We took a vista room that was at the top floor corner room that actually gave the best possible view. The breakfast here was also great.

The staffs are very friendly and co operative...... one evening, they surprised me with a cake and a bottle of champagne after they came to know about my anniversary while I was checking in. I had wonderful experience in this hotel and I highly recommend this hotel to everyone who is planning for Phuket trip. Just go and see it yourself.......it is worth staying there!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mamun007
Dear Mamun9,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa,

We are so delighted you felt our Resort was a like a dream destination, one of the main attractions we do have is the fact we are so close to Patong and yet still in the middle of the Jungle so it feels like you are miles away from anywhere.

We are glad you enjoyed the room and also the cake to celebrate your anniversary. We are honoured you chose our Resort for such a special occasion.

Thank you once again for such positive comments, we have shared your feedback with the team and look forward to seeing you again in the future to celebrate another anniversary.

shanghai
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We are family of 4. We check in 2 family room - connecting room. The bed is big, room is well size, clean, air con is cold and comfortable. This resort is one of the best we have stayed. The price we paid is also very reasonable for a 5 star Hotel. View is amazing, good and friendly staffs. The only comment is they should add more frequent shuttle service like every half an hour.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear happy12366,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa,

We are delighted you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we met all your expectations.

We have purchased 2 new coaches for our Shuttle service and these should all be fully operational within a couple of weeks therefore we do hope any issues with the shuttles will be resolved quickly. We do realise that many guests enjoy visiting Patong and during peak times the buses can get very busy.

Thank you once again for sharing your comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Bahrain
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed in this resort during August for a period of 5 Days and really enjoyed my stay starting with the checkin though there were some issues while checking inn but it was resolved by Eric who came up the me appoligizing me for the missunderstanding that has occured and resolved the matter efficiently. The hotel is located over a hill side which is unique along with the huge rooms which were comfy enough. The shuttle busses provided by the hotel to Patong was useful though early booking should be made.

Overall the resort is worth staying in, if you are looking for a hotel away from people, this is a hotel to Stay at!!

Looking forward visiting the hotel soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Yousif A
Dear Yousif A,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and are glad Eric manage to handle your check in experience.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We have passed on your comments to the team and look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.

Avista Management.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 321 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,349 reviews

Been to Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel? Share your experiences!