“Look no further!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 319 Hotels in Patong
Sydney, Australia
“Look no further!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed here twice in our July trip to Thailand - a week at the beginning and three days at the end before flying home. We had left our last few nights open prior to traveling, but booked them at the Avista before we left the first week, as we enjoyed being there so much.

We don't have enough good things to say; we won't hesitate to stay here again. It looks exactly like the photos on the website, unlike many other hotels. It's only 7 months old, so hopefully they keep it well maintained in the future!

Where to start - the location was perfect; quiet and set away from Patong, yet close enough via free shuttle to go if you really need to. Service was great, there is plenty of staff who are attentive, friendly and very quick. Anything we needed or that needed attention was taken care of or rectified very quickly. The grounds are hilly, but the buggies they offer really aren't necessary as it's not THAT big. The gym is good, the breakfast and restaurant is great. They offer a free shuttle to Paradise Beach, which is one of our favourite spots in Phuket.

We stayed in a Club room and also a Buena Vista room and both were great. The hotel is modern, a bit spartan, and they are still adding touches like greenery around the place. We loved the pools on the couple of days we chose to stay at the hotel. There's great attention to detail with things like insect repellant and scales in bathrooms (if you really want to find out how much weight you're putting on on your holiday!). Mosquitoes are an issue, but they are working to reduce them around the property. They even sent a cake and champagne to our room when we came back the second time (for a belated birthday celebration).

We loved this place; we've been around Phuket quite a bit and we'll never stay any place else after staying here. We did stay in low season, and understand that the prices go up significantly in high season!

Room Tip: Most of the rooms are fairly similar and there probably isn't a bad room to be had. The Club ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DoubleAK
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear DoubleAK

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa.

Many thanks for leaving such positive feedback and it is nice to know you decided to return to us at the end of your trip.

As you mentioned the property is such a nice place we do try to ensure we keep it as highly maintained as possible. We are lucky to have such a good engineering and housekeeping team and they really work hard to keep the place looking good and operating properly.

We are constantly adding new decoration to many areas and as the property gets older the character is really starting to show. The gardens are now fully grown and the surroundings are flourishing well.

We have shared your comments with all the team and we do hope to see you back with us again soon.

Avista Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband and my 2 children (ages 7 girl & 9 boy) stayed here for 4 nights last week. It was not long enough! Overall we had been in thailand for 2 1/2 weeks. We stayed at the JW Marriott and also the Merlin Beach Resort. But Avista was the best by far!!!! Fantastic room with direct pool access. Stunning facilities. Games room with Pool table and tv. Kids club room looked good, but my kids didnt want to go. They would rather swim in the pool. May I suggest a movie night so that the adults can enjoy their dinner in peace. Despite the amazing facilities, the food is outstanding. Chicken Satay and Vietnamese Spring Rolls (WOW) and Pizzas for the kids. The drinks were the best we had tasted on the island. And breakfast where you can choose your ingredients and the chef will cook it for you in a wok!!! Wow, what service!!!! Seriously this is the first time I have written a review ever!! But I felt impelled just to show my appreciation and how much we loved this place. Love love love!!

Avista Hideaway we will be back!!!!! From the Mackenzie family!

Room Tip: Pool access for families.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Libby M
Dear Libby M

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa.

It was pleasure having you and your family stay with us and we are delighted you all enjoyed your stay. It is always nice to receive such positive feedback especially when you have stayed at some of the other local Resorts and are able to offer a comparison.

Our free Movie nights are very popular with Guests and each movie comes with complimentary popcorn and soft drinks so this definitely gives mum and dad time to escape for an hour or so. We are glad you managed to use this service.

Chef Tim is glad you enjoyed his food, he takes a lot of pride in what he prepares so its nice to know the quality and selection is appreciated.

We are so glad your first review was of our Resort and it was very kind of you to take the time to share your experience.

We do hope to see you all again soon and will make sure we have lots more to keep the children happy.

Beijing, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I and my wife had spent a honeymoon in this hotel during 19/06--26/06.
1.In June 26th,when I started to leave,I had consigned 5 postcards to the staff in the lobby to mailing them for me ,and I had already payed for the stamps.But until now ,none of my friends have received my postcard as it had taken more than a month.I think this took so long and it is impossible.
I send emails to the hotel so many times,and no one reply me.
2.Since we had told them we're in the honeymoon but no cakes and surprise as the other guests says.
3.And there are so many ants there,the housekeeping puts cookies beside the bed,they all eats by ants,so disgusting!!!!

Room Tip: We payed 50B a day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Xiaoxue S
Dear Xiaoxue S

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa.

Many thanks for sharing your feedback. I apologise if you have not received your postcards yet, we do hand all guest mail over to the local post office and normally this is very reliable. I do know that sometimes the Thai postal service can be slow and I do hope you receive them soon. We will also follow up here to see if there is any reason why they have not been delivered.

I am sorry if you did not receive a cake and champagne while here for your anniversary. We do try to get all the information from Guests if they are celebrating a special occasion so we can make a special gesture and this is something you should have received.

We do try to keep control on all ants especially when placing the special turn down treats. We have now changed to serving cookie sin air tight cookie jars by the bed therefore we hope to solve the ant problem.

I do hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable and we will certainly follow up on the points you mentioned.

Thank you once again and we hope to see you back in the future.

Avista Management.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My partner and I stayed at this resort in the club vista room for the last two weeks in July and had a fantastic time. We were treated like royalty by the staff who were always friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast which was an array of tasty foods that would cater to anyone. Also loved the choice of freshly squeezed juices and local fruits. To add to this we got complimentary high tea and evening cocktails every day which we thoroughly enjoyed. The pools and gaming areas are also great. The rooftop bar has a marvelous view and tranquil atmosphere, a special big thank you to the bar staff Tom and Mie who were so lovely and showed us superb hospitality. The resort is situated on a hill with very peaceful with beautiful views. It is also very secure and there are staff available at any time of the day/night if you need assistance with anything. I will definently stay here again on my future trip to Phuket. Thank you to the staff of this brilliant resort who made our stay in Phuket unforgettable.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Gem187

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa.

Many thanks for your recent feedback and we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive comments and it keeps motivating us to provide the best service we can.

Our Chef Tim is glad you enjoyed the food and takes pride in offering as much of a selection as possible especially at breakfast which is one of the most important times for us to showcase the quality we provide. The Hi-Tea and Cocktails are also a nice way to relax in the afternoon and watch the sunsets so we are glad you enjoyed this as well.

Tom and Mie thank you for your recognition and we have shared your comments with all the other staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Came here with my boyfriend and loved every second of it! Amazing location (5 mins from Patong beach), on a peaceful hillside with really amazing views and really quiet, which is priceless in that area. Also the price is really good for what they offer!
The room and bathroom are gorgeous, the pools are breathtaking, the spa has amazing massages (but pricey).
Restaurant is great, really good food and service. Breakfast is perfect with many options and all really good.
Don't think twice, was the best hotel I saw by far on the island.

Room Tip: deluxe comes with a super cute balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank world8citizen
GM_Avista_Hideaway, General Manager at Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear world8citizen,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa.

We are delighted you had a wonderful stay with us and we managed to meet all your expectations.

We do feel we have a great location in Patong just minutes from the heart of the main area and many of our Guests comment on the unique style of our Resort.

We have shared your comments with the staff and will continue to try to provide the best service available.

We hope to see you both again soon.

Southport, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Sadly, today is our last day at Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa. My husband, daughter and I have had the most relaxing and luxurious 10 days at Avista.  Indeed, other guests we met have had the same experience, many of them advising that they will be booking in again next year!

There are so many good things we must share about Avista, that I have categorised it all under sub-headings

Arrival:
We arrived at the ungodly hour of 1am (4am hour time), but staff were there ready and waiting with their now, signature juice, cold towels and orchid leis. As it was late and raining, they quickly showed us to our room and explained all the features of the room (including the central control panel for lighting and air-conditioning) and left us to sleep in the most comfortable beds ever.

Location:
The hotel is located on the hill south of Patong Beach. A 5 minute taxi/shuttle away from the buzz of Patong - enough to escape the noise and craziness, but still close enough for when you feel like hitting the town for some shopping and night life. The hotel shuttle is free and runs every 2 hours, however the taxis are TB300 (around AUD $10) and ready to go when you are.

You can also get a free shuttle to the local and private Paradise Beach where you pay TB100 to enter and have access to free umbrellas & lounges. There is a beach front restaurant there also, plus a masseuses offering very inexpensive massages. Worth a trip there if you want to feel the sand between your toes. Go early in the day to ensure your secure a good position on the beach!

Rooms:
As we were traveling with our daughter we opted for the Family Vista room which had a King & Queen size bed and amazing view of the pool, ocean, hillside and of course, sunsets.  Couples can opt for spa rooms and or rooms sitting right next to the pool, but we still enjoyed our room with its view and easy access to the pools

Pools:
There are three pools at the resort. One adults only (which we did not visit, having a child with us) and two others that are both luxurious infinity pools with swim up bars where you can order the most divine pool side snacks and inexpensive cocktails TB250 (about AUD $8).

Food & Beverage:
The Breakfast buffet in the resort is as good as any 5 star Sydney restaurant. The selection, presentation and quality is all top notch. Everything from freshly made omelettes and eggs any way you want them; made to order Asian stir fries; freshly squeezed juices; salads; cheeses; breads and pastries. It's all there and open 6.30am-10.30am

The poolside snacks are wonderful. Our favourites were the Vietnamese Seared Tuna Rice Paper Rolls;   Chicken Satays; Cajun Chicken & Mango Salad; Spicy Thai Beef Salad and Caesar Salad. The pizzas were also crispy and thin, the way they should be. The kids menu was also a hit - 'Chicken Little' being the favourite of our little guest.

While we could often have headed out to Patong for dinner, we found ourselves having dinner in-house as there was such a wide selection and it was of such a high standard. After 10 days you would think we would be sick of it, but we constantly found new items to try. Fresh pasta, local Thai style meals, Salads; Steaks and Burgers.

Staff:
This venue is only 8-months old, yet the staff who (for many this is their first job in hospitality) go well out of their way to ensure you have everything you want/need. Contrary to earlier posts, I found their command of English to be totally acceptable - we are in Thailand after all (!!) and I found that if ever there was a language block, a few simple gestures and a smile would see the message getting across.

Special mention must go to 'Bong' the F&B manager. He is so professional and passionate about ensuring your food and service is top notch. Also to his team. There are so many of them to name, but Tom & May thank you for your roof top bar cocktails and smiles; Neung, Jeff and Suraket, your poolside cocktails and service were also very much appreciated. Anchalee, your service and friendly hug goodbye will not be forgotten.

Of course, Tim the head chef, should also be commended on his diverse menu and the quality of food his team is pumping out each day. It is high quality and consistent.

Medical Support:
Unusual to add this in this as a topic, but I felt I must as an earlier post implied there was not enough support in this area. My experience is quite the opposite.

After getting a little too much sun on our third day here, I found myself passing out before dinner was even served to us in the restaurant. A mild case of sunstroke became more of a concern as I fell and hit my head on the hard tile floor. Naturally, this was frightening experience for my family and the staff present, as it appeared I had a minor case of concussion, but after careful observation, I was whisked back to my room to rest in a wheel chair and the Duty Manager advised that they had a car on standby to take me to the hospital should my condition worsen.  Luckily and thankfully, after a good nights rest, I was 'good as gold' the next day, but the staff were all so keen to check up on me, many stopping to enquire how I was - even days later.

Booking:
We booked via myholiday.com.au which was very handy as we booked a week prior to coming here and got a fantastic last minute rate, however you can also book here via Travel Advisor where there are still some amazing deals. So don't delay book your next Phuket holiday at Avista, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank LisaMareeLees
Dear LisaMareeLees,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa.

We are delighted you all enjoyed your stay with us and found the Resort so appealing. We do feel we have a very special property and when we receive such positive and detailed feedback as yours it is always an honour.

I don't think I can add anything more to comment on your review as you have covered all aspects of a guests stay even the Medical Support which can be important to many travelers. We do have our natural remedy Doctor in house and also work together with several local doctors to ensure we have any medical situations covered.

We have shared your feedback with all staff and it certainly motivates us to continue to provide the best service we can.

We do hope to see you all again in the near future.

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

My wife and I had stayed here for five nights and we enjoyed every minute of it. I'll start with the bottom line: if you're looking for a luxury resort, perfect service, great location, incredible rooms and unbelievable view - don't waste any more time looking. This is your place.

Location: The hotel is NOT located immediately on Patong beach but rather on a hillside, about 5 minute drive from the main streets of Patong. This gives the hotel two great advantages: first, it is very very quiet; wherever you walk, all you hear are birds and the waterfalls from the pools. Second, it has an unbelievable view of the bay and tree-covered hills. You see this view from the pool, dining room, spa and parctically everywhere you go.

Shuttles: For those of you who are concerned that the hotel is too far from beach, fear not.The resort offers FREE shuttle service to and from Patong about six times a day, every two hours until 11:00 pm. Just make sure to register at guest services in the morning to make sure you'll have a spot. My wife and I used the shuttles every day and were very satisfied with the service. If, however, you don't want to use a shuttle, it only costs about 300 Baht ($10) with a taxi.

Service: I would have given it 6 stars if I could. From the moment we set foot at the hotel we realized that this place has set for itself to provide a top of the line service. As we arrived, we were treated with cold drinks, snacks and endless smiles. We had arrived from a very early flight (around 8:00 am) and our room was not ready yet. Robert, who welcomed us, made everything he could to make our stay comfortable until our room was ready. He gave us a tour of the resort in a mini "golf cart", showed us the different room types in case we wanted to upgrade or downgrade and after consulting with the manager, he offered us free buffet breakfast which was exactly what we needed at the moment. With an almost perfect English (rather rare in this area of Thailand) Robert gave us all the tips and tricks of where and what to do in Patong, what is the expected weather and how to make the best of our stay in the resort. But it did not stop with Robert. Everyone at the hotel are extremely polite and are always trying to help with a smile.

Rooms: We stayed at the Jacuzzi Suite which has an outdoor Jacuzzi. The room looks great with a bath tub and a huge shower. Since our room was not ready when we arrived we were offered to see a room with a private pool at a discounted upgrade price. The private pool room looked even better, with a huge bathroom and cool private pool. We did not upgrade as it was too expensive and we preferred the "public" pools anyways. At retrospect the Jacuzzi Suite is really nice, however we almost did not use the Jacuzzi and there is no view from the room. Next time I'd give up on the outdoor Jacuzzi for a room with a better view.

Food: Excellent for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Make sure to include breakfasts in your reservation, you will not regret it. We had lunch and diner once and the food was very good. We had the chance to chat a couple of times with Tim the Executive Chef and it is obvious this man has set himself a goal to provide his guest the perfect culinary experience. My wife had a private Thai cooking class (about $40) where she chose to learn how to cook papaya salad, Tom Kah soup and Chicken Pad Thai. Highly recommended!

What else?: There are three pools, one of which for adults only. All have amazing view and are very quiet. The gym is well equipped and open throughout the day. There's also a room with ping-pong and pool tables.

What could have made our stay even better? It was nice to have the shuttles going to and from Patong beach every hour instead of every two hours. Also, be advised that the hotel permits smoking in the outdoor dining area and around the pools, if that is something that bothers you. Lastly, be advised that the hotel is located on a hillside and it may take you a while to walk to and from the room and would also require you to climb many stairs. You can however call the lobby and ask for a ride if you're too tired/lazy:).

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AI0n
Dear Al0n,

Greetings from Avista Hideaway Resort & Spa.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it is an honour to know you think so highly of our Resort. We do feel we have a very special property and staff and to receive such high recommendations is truly satisfying.

Chef Tim is delighted you enjoyed his food, he takes a lot of pride in his work and does make a point of talking to guests to get feedback on the taste etc. to ensure he keeps the standards as high as possible.

We have now ordered 2 new coaches for the shuttle service which can hold many more people so we do hope any issues will be resolved.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we do hope to see you again soon.

Avista Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Patong
Grand Mercure Phuket Patong
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,011 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Phuket

Been to Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel? Share your experiences!