Before I go on complaining on a number of things, I have to be honest and say that the location is ideal very close to beach, and any form of entertainment.
That being said, the hotel may have been modern and fantastic say 8 to 10 years ago, but honestly it is outdated, and does not have all the facilities one would expect a hotel to have e.g a fitness center. The biggest one for me is parking, NO Guest/Resident parking, really?
I get to the hotel and firstly its not a sea facing room as hoped, the room number on the letter was clearly scratched out and replaced so maybe I was assigned one but they gave it to another complaining guest, who knows, I was just too tired to fight it.
A very silly but notable complaint is the TV, I know its a fantastic city so one should not care about a TV, but I am a TV buff and given the time we are in, they still use Big CRT TV's. The reception in my room on the 4th floor is hazy and horrible, much like they have an antennae for TV signal.
The shower is filthy, mildew on the railings and corners, the doors didn't even close fully causing the floor to get wet. They mount toilet roll holders behind the toilet! POINTLESS!
Aircon isn't powerful enough, horrible view and smell from the balcony for rooms near the elevator. WiFi does not work well, constantly not working, very very frustrating.
Front desk staff pretend like they do not understand English or you when you ask them for anything, but when they want to complain to you they speak it perfectly fine.
They do not clearly advertise what the hotel offers and what it does not. The one very frustrating thing is the key's. They ask you to leave the room key at the front desk every time you leave the hotel, I am sorry but I do not believe in this principle, it clearly gives them an indication when I am not In the room which in return giving them the freedom to do what they please with your valuables (not that I have noticed they did).
I hired a car and had no where to park it, they refused to assign a spot outside the hotel for me, and said its for their shuttles only. After getting into a fight with local taxi mafia outside the hotel, they refused to even come help me not even the security guard (Apparently they are too scared), yet they told me to park across the road but after my incident they told me that the mafia controls that area and I should park much further up which I was scammed into paying for.
After local mafia threatened to break the car, I asked them if I could park the car over night at the front which one staff member agreed too, but when staff swapped it become a big thing and insisted I move the car 7am every morning, I offered to leave my keys with them to move it for me but they said they basically don't have the time for that.
Inhouse travel agent is 2 times more expensive compare to the street agents. Rooms are not sound proofed as you can hear lots of talking and noise coming from outside.
They do not have a generator as I have experienced on my first night with no power for easily 4hours.
My balcony was broken and has cheap plastic chairs outside, there is no mosquito replants.
There are more complaints but I cannot recall all of it, in a nutshell, I do not recommend this hotel to anyone either than someone who just wants to be nicely located to the beach.
I certainly will not come back here, and nor will I advise anybody I know to use this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only steps from the white sandy beach of Patong and the sparking water of Andaman Sea - within a short walking distance to shopping paradise and entertainment centre. Stay in one of our spacious accommodations with an extensive range of in-room amenities. Enjoy our beachfront restaurant and open air terrace- serving seafood, steak and salad. Give yourself a treat at The Royal Spa with many heavenly wellness packages to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and Ctrip TA so you can book your Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Hotel Patong
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort And Spa
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort & Spa Patong, Phuket