With trepidation we arrived at the hotel after reading mixed reviews on TripAdvisor. Firstly, it's a free week promotional stay with the only condition of sitting through a 90 minute presentation for time share. No big deal as we have heard several of these before.
1. Timeshare presentation - the Rep was courteous, friendly and helpful. No high pressure selling tactics. A quick trip to various properties nearby for the obligatory show-and-tell. The other properties are of high quality and was worthy of timeshare considerations if that's what you are looking for.
2. Absolute Sea Pearl Resort promotes itself as 4 stars but its more 3 stars. It is old and tired but its location at the quieter southern end of Patong is welcoming. Being right across from the beach it is at a good location.
3. Room - the aircond temp control actually works! unlike some older hotels where it's freezing cold and you cant make it warmer, except by turning it off. Another reviewer complained about aircond noise but in the room I was in it did not make any more noise than any other hotels I stayed at - bear in mind the compressor is right outside your room's balcony (cant go out on the balcony) so it is bound to be a little noisy.
4. Pool - I have to correct another recent reviewer here - the pool is 170cm deep at one end and 60cm deep at another. Very usable.
1.Timeshare - the hotel is a sausage factory and there are lots of sales reps (as many as 30+ in high season) and potential clients all through the foyer, pool and restaurant areas. While I understand that it's their home office the crowd is too much and time is best spent on the beach, away from the hotel from 10am to 5pm
2. No free wifi in the rooms, only in the public areas. However, if your room is close enough to one of the 3 wifi transmitters, you can actually pick up enough signal and use the free wifi.
So if you want to stay at this property then know that it is an older hotel, 3 stars, busy but clean and functional. If you are on a budget and want a quieter part of Patong but still within walking distance to the night life (e.g. Bangla road is 12-15 minutes away) then this hotel fits the bill just fine.
Would I stay here again - no as it's not typical of the properties I would chose BUT other properties by Absolute e.g Twin Sands and Bangla Suites, Nakalai look really good and might try them next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only steps from the white sandy beach of Patong and the sparking water of Andaman Sea - within a short walking distance to shopping paradise and entertainment centre. Stay in one of our spacious accommodations with an extensive range of in-room amenities. Enjoy our beachfront restaurant and open air terrace- serving seafood, steak and salad. Give yourself a treat at The Royal Spa with many heavenly wellness packages to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Hotel Patong
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort And Spa
- Absolute Sea Pearl Beach Resort & Spa Patong, Phuket